The "Microsoft Sucks" Thread

Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

well i saw this news as of recently, and hey, i thought, why not make a thread, where we post, all the times, when microsoft did something horrible?

post here about how Microsoft is making your life even more horrible than it already is, and no, i'm not switching to Linux, go away

it doesn't matter, if it's horrible to you, or to somebody else - just, whatever comes to your mind, go nuts

JR8d8Bz.png

according to Microsoft, only THE BIG BOYS should be allowed to turn off Windows defender

okay see, crap like this, is what really makes me bitter about Windows sometimes, i mean, see the thing is, i straight up HAVE to disable the stupid anti virus, since it often deleted, legitimate files, OFF MY BACKUP DISK

also, at random, the anti virus decides that it would be a great idea to scan my whole system, which forces my cpu into overdrive, and i'm on a ryzen 1700, this thing gets hot, so i always have a mini heart attack when the fans just randomly go off, but, oh, it's just, defender doing another dumb "security scan"

anyway the stupid thing crippled my laptop, and it basically made it unusable for up to an hour, plus, i often need to compile C++ software, and it's... so... slow...

i love the idea behind anti viruses, but i'm really starting to detest them, they've been causing more problems than they are worth to be honest, and i just find myself firing up malwarebytes once in a while more often than not, i feel like i get more use out of it anyway

anyway some idiot at microsoft decided that, apparently we have TOO MANY CHOICES, on an operating system with NEXT TO NO CUSTOMIZATION

this was such a nice option to have, why are they taking away, ACTUAL OPTIONS? it's so infuriating, this is such, an oddly arbitrary choice - are they doing this, since they won't be able to, gather as much data? is that what it is? is defender just an excuse to constantly scan your stuff? i just don't get the logic behind this, it makes no sense

man i like windows, but i basically lobotomized the update system (because i ACTUALLY HAVE THE CHOICE TO), and the latest changes, are NOT encouraging me to update at all, if anything it has built enough resentment, for me to just, not even bother with updates at all, they just break shit half the time anyway

6WilDIB.png

i tried switching to Linux guys, but it just... ehhh... it's bad, it's no better than Windows - everything is just... worse and it's just such a hassle to do anything on it, the whole experience is just, so unpolished and i just don't enjoy using Linux based operating systems, they just don't satisfy my needs, and i get the argument that i can customize literally everything, but see i'm kinda lazy, i want something out of the box, and i've tried a ton of linux OSs, they are all finnicky and just, kinda bad, they use the same UI frameworks, there are like maybe 5 of them at most, and i hate them all, otherwise what distribution you use is mostly astetic, i wouldn't call the Linux experience straight forward and functional at all, plus i'm lazy, i just want the Windows experience, with a few more choices, but i'm lazy too, i don't like putting too much mental effort into things if i can help it

also the linux kernel is a bloated mess, it's no better than Windows in some cases, and hell, the people who work on Linux are kinda cocky, i'm sure it must've bitten them once in a while, and i do like a lot of what Windows does and how it works but... man... all the decicions they've been making as of recent, are so retarded

see people tell me to switch to another operating system, but honestly? i feel like the only solution, is to just make one my damn self Dx

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

23 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

also, at random, the anti virus decides that it would be a great idea to scan my whole system, which forces my cpu into overdrive, and i'm on a ryzen 1700, this thing gets hot, so i always have a mini heart attack when the fans just randomly go off, but, oh, it's just, defender doing another dumb "security scan"

Can't help with the rest, but try this setting to disable that scan...

vQUoVNl.png

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Posted (edited)

uh, i'm not even sure if i have that option in the first place, it looks like it was added in an update

i'll check later if it's there, since the new user interface drives me up the wall and i just can't be arsed right now

it sucks, like, oh you want to open the settings menu, AND the antivirus at the same time?

NO IT'S JUST ONE DUMB APP NOW

it's so stupid

8 hours ago, centersolace said:

tbh microsoft has always been shitty, but when they REALLY shit the bed was when they decided they wanted to be apple.

i dunno, at least apple doesn't release updates which delete your computer data at random

i think my hatred is justified in more ways than others

ciXTrAP.png

14 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i dunno, at least apple doesn't release updates which delete your computer data at random

i think my hatred is justified in more ways than others

ciXTrAP.png

Nah, apple just releases overpriced, underpowered garbage that overheats like a motherfucker.

15 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

They do regularly force updates that remove all wireless functionality from half their devices though...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

8 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

They do regularly force updates that remove all wireless functionality from half their devices though...

i mean i never said apple was any better, but honestly i never considered apple to be an alternative, to me it's as if they never existed in the first place, so i don't care at all about their level of suckage, sucks for everybody else though

to me apple is just overpriced garbage, at least with windows you can sorta rid away some of the madness, but with apple you are literally stuck in apple jail and it's either apple law or you get shanked

wait i don't think that's how apple os works, but it sure does feel like a prison, while microsoft is that rackety ass building precariously placed on top of a mineshaft, you know it's gonna collapse at any moment, but you can't leave it just yet, since all your crap is in there and even if you tried to move it all away you'd probably just fall through the mineshaft itself, even though you are painfully aware that, that this isn't an okay way to live, but you somehow make it through

linux is like throwing explosive charges at your stuff but then you remember that you forgot to take your cat with you before you blew up the whole damn building

oops

12 hours ago, centersolace said:

Nah, apple just releases overpriced, underpowered garbage that overheats like a motherfucker.

they also release hardware that is set up in such a way, that if someone repairs it outside of the company it waits a year for the next update and then shuts down

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

1 hour ago, centersolace said:

Jesus Christ that's awful. Closed systems are objectively awful, and we need better right to repair laws ASAP.

Unless you're the company raking in the money. Then they're great.

5 hours ago, centersolace said:

Jesus Christ that's awful. Closed systems are objectively awful, and we need better right to repair laws ASAP.

no, just having a right to repair is pointless, most modern products these days are not made out of replaceable parts, they are all glued togheter, so if you take anything apart you break it, making the right to repair law kinda useless

we should instead have a law which forces everybody to make things EASY to repair, which would imply that you also have the right to fix stuff in the first place too - having the right to repair stuff is pointless if you can't take apart anything without it becoming a useless hunk of metal, i mean try fixing a modern day washing machine, you can't, most people will just tell you to buy a whole new one

12 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

no, just having a right to repair is pointless, most modern products these days are not made out of replaceable parts, they are all glued togheter, so if you take anything apart you break it, making the right to repair law kinda useless

we should instead have a law which forces everybody to make things EASY to repair, which would imply that you also have the right to fix stuff in the first place too - having the right to repair stuff is pointless if you can't take apart anything without it becoming a useless hunk of metal, i mean try fixing a modern day washing machine, you can't, most people will just tell you to buy a whole new one

That's part of what I meant. There are still ways to fix this stuff despite apples best efforts, but either way these are incredibly anti-consumer practices, and even genuinely unsafe? I can't imagine putting a system like that in a car.

11 minutes ago, centersolace said:

That's part of what I meant. There are still ways to fix this stuff despite apples best efforts, but either way these are incredibly anti-consumer practices, and even genuinely unsafe? I can't imagine putting a system like that in a car.

oh sorry i haven't actually watched the video, but i just assumed that it was DRM for cars, and it wouldn't surprise me if tesla decided to just turn your engine off while you are in the middle of a highway, if they detected any kind of tampering

6 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

oh sorry i haven't actually watched the video, but i just assumed that it was DRM for cars, and it wouldn't surprise me if tesla decided to just turn your engine off while you are in the middle of a highway, if they detected any kind of tampering

It's not really a "turn your engine off while the car is running" it's more when you stop the car it won't start again since you tampered with it.

6 hours ago, centersolace said:

It's not really a "turn your engine off while the car is running" it's more when you stop the car it won't start again since you tampered with it.

GUESS I'M NEVER TURNING MY CAR OFF

TESELA DEFEATED

or

i'll tell my car to drive in circles while plugged into a charger lol

Microsoft just bought Bethesda.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I heard. I don't feel too bad about it. Bethesda's been garbage for a long time now, it's not like they'll ruin them more. It's not a Rare situation.

The thing I'm upset about is now id software belongs to mickelsoft now, and I'm worried they'll fuck up the real nice comeback id's had the last few years.