Contest to win a GOG copy of Iron Harvest

I don't want the game, definitely don't give it to me
I would do an entire OS based on organic looking machinery
I think that the best design copies nature.
This one sort of does that in my eyes.
.Just my 2 cents on the contest , I Just like the idea , saw a ton of interesting stuff on that gallery.
Big fan , once I have my ducks in a row , I will try to make donations for at least a year monthly , but damn I'm just getting beached from paycheck to paycheck .
Being a 9-5 drone really not paying off.
Anyway thank you for the years of entertainment and the existential crisis you gave me.It woke me up and I suddenly felt like my brain booted out of safe mode and what came after was way better than anything else I knew.
Gotta say a few men have shaped my life so far , proud to say you are one of them. I'd say you are  on par with Michael Vincent , a deaf magician, in terms of awareness as a human being and connecting with people. And always impressed with the quality of your work of course.

TLDR : *Insert mold joke* I appreciate you exist and do what you do.Keep on the good work.And damn I hope the movie releases during my lifetime.

cfd004ad2094980086f8349aa9b6819e.png

43 minutes ago, Abramacabra said:

TLDR : *Insert mold joke*

YOU MOLD MY LIFE

YOU ARE THE MOLD OF ME

I CANNOT MOLD WITHOUT YOU

MOLD MY DAY, I DARE YOU

AIN'T NOBODY GOT MOLD FOR THIS

MOLD IS OLD

THE NEW MOLD, OLD

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

While I've enjoyed the ones I've seen on the site, they all can blend together a bit too much, I'd love to have a more colorful gui to look at.

Been binging a bunch of Sam and Max stuff, so this is right up my alley. I like the idea of GUI having really intricate goofy office themes with papers and pencils strewn about . The addition of bullet holes really sell it for me the most too.

sam_and_max_season_1_by_luigihann.wsz

image.png

37485aa8115fb9894a60b32f04a46b92.png

yaxay_amp.wsz

I found this one to be pretty good. I like the color choices and the fact that there's actually some contrast between them. If I could, I would probably make the grey background color a little lighter and the orange a bit more vibrant. I also like the sharp shapes, it gives the skin a futuristic vibe. The pixely font would need to go.

Just now, Prim said:

37485aa8115fb9894a60b32f04a46b92.png

yaxay_amp.wsz

I found this one to be pretty good. I like the color choices and the fact that there's actually some contrast between them. If I could, I would probably make the grey background color a little lighter and the orange a bit more vibrant. I also like the sharp shapes, it gives the skin a futuristic vibe. The pixely font would need to go.

reminds me of SSX

Iej7lSB.png

image.png.605c2225f17eb765a83403789cecac10.png

I am a big fan of this one, it feels like nothing was sacrifice for its art style and its very easy on the eyes 

Yuzuki_Kokubunji.wsz

1 minute ago, djpandalove said:

I am a big fan of this one, it feels like nothing was sacrifice for its art style and its very easy on the eyes 

Yuzuki_Kokubunji.wsz

really? i feel like i'm going blind

also, EYYYY

XaexTPx.png

HIGH FIVE BROTHER

7 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

really? i feel like i'm going blind

also, EYYYY

XaexTPx.png

HIGH FIVE BROTHER

*HIGH FIVE* AYYYYYYYYYY

PLAYshade.wsz

a09d42b8f87e90dbd25288ee4bd68506.png

You could change the bottom dark-gray box to off-white with black text and it would still work too, so it's got great adaptability. Not too light or dark and no extreme contrast or readability issues like I've seen with many other skins. So I think it's just the right balance of bling vs usability.

These ones I just thought looked wicked sick!

Spoiler

Blood_and_Gold

0eccb6fd51d82a1edec4998b66a39c9d.png

energy_amplifier_by_vlda

81e6cdfb2b356efb7404dbc44945a0ea.png

Breedart 63

b9097329ad59953ba3285853b86725c4.png

Breedart 34

ce0e660c4088fe28bf824811af804874.png

NucleoAlienMind

a8f44b7cab0c078cb966231f5b864ff5.png

Aselyum

fb5ceafaba08142cf93da3a07c8af5f9.png

If anyone else needs help finding some themes and wants to save their eyesight, here is the list of other skins I was considering:

Spoiler

Just type these names in the search box on the site to find them. Probably should also check and make sure nobody else has already picked any of these too.

• Davis_Nlog_V102
  • CIHAN-02
  • TitaniumMaixmis
  • Steel-Sunset
  • Breedart amber
  • ExpensiveHi-Fi
  • Quiddity
  • acAmp_XP_v3_blue
  • FruityAMP_by_Visopimus
  • AquaSteel
  • ORTV_Silver_Amp
  • stainless_steel.wsz
  • jaded-blue-stickyrice
  • coldNuke

Edited by Isaiah
fixed link.. again (see edit history)

statoil.wsz

image.png.817be723858d7a26b115a9dfcd8a0d78.png

I really like this one. Deep blue (Cobalt?), orange, white, feels really comfy :)

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Ronno72 said:

ff0b09d9296119a07616ac65bc54d9ce.png

6 hours ago, djpandalove said:

Yuzuki_Kokubunji.wsz

I love both of these too, I'd use them as an OS skin if I could. Also, here's another I'd definitely use:

bloodamp.wsz

1771805026_Bloodampdotwsz.png.474db58dac250e433af3afd42e2ac177.png

It probably wouldn't look too good as an OS skin but I have a thing for red and black. Here's what my browser looks like for instance (ignore the bookmarks if you can xD): https://i.imgur.com/U5Nea4L.png

Looking throught this post, I gotta say a lot of really good stuff here!

I find myself especially drawn to the ones that are based on actual interfaces. Like Major_Tom_v5.wsz that @shinonome_nano posted. Also the ones that look like radios, hifis or amps - a couple like these here. But Nintentdo (or close second Famocom) would still have to be my top pick - childhoon nostalgia ftw!

On 9/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, shinonome_nano said:

Yeah, I like to imagine I'm launching nukes any time I switch on my pc.

spacer.png

Major_Tom_v5.wsz

Edited by allexandeur (see edit history)

(I know this is for the giveaway and not for sappy melodrama, but I didn't want to overload your mailbox, Ross, so I thought i'd write here.)

Ross, I first saw you last July, when you made the Game List video and I've been a huge fan ever since. I've been watching your videos on almost a daily basis and I've seen all of them multiple times now. YOU ROCK MAN!! My life is genuinely better because of you!!! I can't get enough so I'm going through all the past chats with fans, and I love them too. You're such a big part of my life now, with your views on education, humanity's future, economy etc. etc.

Wanted to say 3 things basically:
1) When you make decisions, consider that there are probably *thousands* of people like me, who absolutely *love* your work, but too shy or lazy to write a thank you!

2) Quality > quantity. I understand your perfectionism, and you said it yourself it's bad from a business perspective, but hell your videos are SO GOOD. It's your call, you can do whatever you want ultimately, but I just wanted to say I fully support your current priority of quality over quantity.

3) The monthly chats are priceless!! Please please keep them up!! It's so incredible how you're so open and approachable; I loved your normal videos, but the chats just made me feel that you're basically family. Don't want to get all melodramatic, but man you pulled me through some very rough times!!

Good luck with The Movie! And best wishes to you and Magda!!

I don't want the game, plz don't give it to me!! But just to maintain propriety, here's the skin I like best:

spacer.png

48.wsz

Edited by accursedfarmer (see edit history)

I have a bunch I found that I think are cool, but here's my main pick

c8d3a93168e8d3d39774586a3e8d32b5.png Old_Timey.wsz

An interesting bit behind what I was looking for here: I always thought the interface for the Sega game "Soldier of Fortune" looked pretty cool (the game's got a mystic vibe about it mixed with mercenaries and military dudes, including a scientist with questionable character; not that that's a bad thing), so I went to find something that had a more military style, and there were a bunch that looked good (and they did have the Soldier of Fortune skin as well). I picked the one that I wanted that closest matched Ross's criteria from the GUI video. This is a darker theme (that part is kind of my preference) - but not too dark in case you go to look at a bright picture or something, since it has those lustery spots and plenty of room to add lighter shades. I have a runner-up theme that might match that criteria better, but I didn't know how dark Ross would allow, however I still picked this one for the contest because it matches Ross's computer theme where he's got his surface and core drives, and this sparked my imagination of taking a submarine to the bottom of the ocean to take a gate into the core of the planet. Or even a similar machine to withstand pressure drilling into the surface of the planet.

Spoiler

Here's my second runner-up, and I think it could also be a winner, but I thought the immersive aspect of the first one might be more to Ross's preference.

2f7ca30af094bfa7b7d6a8a8e02dadb8.png

The_Legend_Of_Winamp.wsz   This one makes me think of operating a set of military intelligence equipment in a tent. It also might be just right for that light/dark balance we all crave. This also happens to match the theme of Iron Harvest a bit more.

Other runners-up:

Cool video game looking theme (maybe a little too busy) 79025dc308310125dfdccbb156ea6288.png

Actual video game looking theme 52213ca3e0cda1182431780db0c6691e.png

Cool old school video game swamp looking theme (like the swamp from Soldier of Fortune)6a9c505db6302880210d1a733cab2c68.png

This one reminds me of Magic the Gathering (even though I never really played that game) c76238c2398891b8837b67da474bac0c.png

Something I'd try for a day to see how I like it da0031ce7b4b6338dd2e2780cf3c65c0.png

Mood setting theme ea699d2040437ac0f484d145379a9c3b.png

A different light/dark balancing theme 40d6c17ba95e41637f5dec647a27c261.png

The actual Solder of Fortune theme I started with (not picked because of the man standing there) 5558825f31fb8ff3a324fa8b0790f279.png

I LOVE IRON HARVEST!! SAXONY FTW!

Favorite line from the game: "What does the empire require?" Gives me goosebumps knowing the Third Reich is coming.

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)

9 hours ago, accursedfarmer said:

(I know this is for the giveaway and not for sappy melodrama, but I didn't want to overload your mailbox, Ross, so I thought i'd write here.)

Ross, I first saw you last July, when you made the Game List video and I've been a huge fan ever since. I've been watching your videos on almost a daily basis and I've seen all of them multiple times now. YOU ROCK MAN!! My life is genuinely better because of you!!! I can't get enough so I'm going through all the past chats with fans, and I love them too. You're such a big part of my life now, with your views on education, humanity's future, economy etc. etc.

Wanted to say 3 things basically:
1) When you make decisions, consider that there are probably *thousands* of people like me, who absolutely *love* your work, but too shy or lazy to write a thank you!

2) Quality > quantity. I understand your perfectionism, and you said it yourself it's bad from a business perspective, but hell your videos are SO GOOD. It's your call, you can do whatever you want ultimately, but I just wanted to say I fully support your current priority of quality over quantity.

3) The monthly chats are priceless!! Please please keep them up!! It's so incredible how you're so open and approachable; I loved your normal videos, but the chats just made me feel that you're basically family. Don't want to get all melodramatic, but man you pulled me through some very rough times!!

Good luck with The Movie! And best wishes to you and Magda!!

I don't want the game, plz don't give it to me!! But just to maintain propriety, here's the skin I like best:

spacer.png

48.wsz

i love this post horse.jpg

I love this post, do you care if I save it?

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)

e074659a2391c667eb564401830222f6.png

I would totally go for something like this. Old school RPGs had some pretty stimulating color palettes.

(baldursgate2.wsz)

Edited by capritsuno
Added the skin name (see edit history)