NOT SCARY NOT ABSTRACT MUSIC

Sign in to follow this  

after @centersolace gave me a heart attack with his spooky scary music i decided to listen to some music from this game i played recently to soothe my nerves

EDIT: WAIT I'M NOT CRAZY THERE IS A VERSION WITH THAT WEIRD "UEGHH UAOOGHH" LYRIC BUT IT'S NOT AS OFTEN AS I REMEMBERED

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

Saw you from the Hylics post, if you like upbeat jazzy stuff, if you have not checked out the Persona 5 soundtrack, I highly recommend it. I am not totally sure what your tastes are based on those songs, if it is dancy hype stuff only, there are some great tracks on Hotline Miami that scratch that itch. Although most of the soundtrack is honestly atmospheric, so I can not recommend the whole soundtrack. If you like upbeat stuff, Katamari Damacy has tons of it. If that kind of music your thing, then I would probably recommend Katamari the most.(but the best track imo is with vocals)

It seems you like instrumentals, so Ill just post those for samples for what I am talking about, besides Katamari:

Persona 5:

Hotline Miami:

Katamari Damacy(w/ vocals):

If you want to specify more genres you like I might be able to help. For reference, my taste is pretty broad, from tracks on the Ys I & II on the PC 88 to Kraftwerk. So no judgement here.

Edited by GenTac (see edit history)

i was never too crazy after japanese game soundtracks, plus i hate vocals of any kind, but having them in japanese of all things is kinda embarassing to listen to, and i honestly hate the persona style of music, or the series as a whole, it never grabbed me

bear in mind that i blast my music, so hearing some japanese lady singing all of sudden, makes me feel kinda silly

i would say that hotline miami is definitely on the scary side of things, but i sorta like some of the tracks, but i can't like, listen to this music more than, once in a while, i mean it sounds nice don't get me wrong, but, i really need to be in a specific mood to listen to it, otherwise i always skip the hotline miami soundtrack when it plays

on the other hand, i can never skip these songs

these are waay closer to the the "not scary, not abstract" side of things

Gahaha, yea if you like to blare music I can see that being awkward, I do not have the balls to do that myself. I am guessing you are familiar with the Sonic adventure series soundtrack that has tracks like this. Lyrics are also something I personally have issues with a lot of the time, I would find that many times I would just rather listen to the instrumental version. Early 2000s rock is something that is an exception, which judging by the songs you posted, is a shared sentiment. But besides that, I typically do not mind it in games if it is placed at the right place.

A lesser known game that has many tracks like this is Steel Lancer Arena International (S.L.A.I.) for the Playstation 2. It is a mech fighting game with a diverse soundtrack, but many early-mid 2000s rock songs are included. There really are no full OST uploads, because I think some songs are taken down from claims, but there are playlists. There is a lot of vocals, but they are similar to the ones you posted, so I hope that is fine.

Here is the Playlist. If you copy the video url it should lead you to the Youtube playlist:

It is all organized by each artist, so if there is an Aritst you dislike right away, you can skip all the songs that are by them.

Crazy Taxi is also a short OST that is in the vein of hard high octane rock(Also a playlist link):

The song that is most associated with Crazy Taxi is "All I Want" by The Offspring:

Hypnospace Outlaw also has a diverse OST that encompasses almost all genres of music. It is about four and a half hours long, so there has to be something for everyone in there. The game revolves around being a moderator for a VR OS system and web browser(Also it is not itself a VR game). So people all have their own pages with their picked out page theme songs. Most of the songs are parody or inspired from late 90s and early 2000s music.

In the game Fre3zer encompasses a few genres within the three tracks they have on there, I would primarily describe their genre as happy hardcore.

Seepage, a Linkin Park parody:

Full OST as of it's latest update:

I also recommend the not so well known genre of Math Rock. It is primarily instrumental from what I found, and if done right the guitar basically does two jobs in one(guitar and vocals). The channel I linked from is my favorite source to listen from, at least so far of what I found.

I hope there is something worthwhile there, sorry if your time was wasted.

Posted (edited)

i know that it's popular to make fun of linkin park but i actually like this song, i got it from limewire LUL

@GenTac

the music you posted is just not my thing and they didn't really grab me much, sorry, but it's okay other people will probably like those

@centersolace

downtown binary sounds kinda samey to me, plus it just sounds kinda bland to me, but i don't have any examples at hand since it's not on youtube

i like my electronic to be more BLEEP BLOOPY, i mean, DAMN THIS MUSIC MAKES ME WANT TO JAM, HELL YEAH

CRANK MY SPEAKERS UP TO ELEVEN, FUCK YEAH

if i had to post some music which has a funky feel to it, it would probably be something closer to this

Damn, you are a hard nut to crack @RaTcHeT302. Anyways, I have not thought about Raving Rabbids in a long time, was a pretty fun game. Also, that track sounds similar to something that would be in Ratchet & Clank 3, albeit a bit "looser". Imma just leave here with the first level music of Silver Surfer for the NES by Tim Follin.

i dunno, i'm just really picky for some reason, i can't control it, my brain works weirdly

i heard it but it got old quickly, i can't really stand it for too long

like it doesn't sound bad but it starts to annoy me after a while, this would be pure torture to listen to if it was stuck in an infinite loop

anyway i never played those old console games, but i like some of the music

(this upload sucks, the mixing in this video sucks for some reason)

pEtJDrE.png

this is a bit too modern but, whatever

(why is this mix so shit? i swear to god, i have a GOOD version of the song and it doesn't skip like this)

so when i think of old game music, this is what comes to mind, and these basically set my standards as far as, what type of music i'll like from that era, since this is what it's going up against

the music from the mario games, or even the zelda series, don't sound nearly as memorable, as some of these, and i know that people really love those soundtracks, but i really find them, pretty meh