DSM and AMA downplaying ADHD?

Sign in to follow this  

DSM-5 refused to include scientific information that "might broaden the prevalence of the disorder". The AMA also supports using diagnostic tests that remove ~200 years of scientifically known knowledge of the disorder. (removing the emotional component)

Politics disrupting science, and since this is a 2014 talk, you can't even blame the current political system.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have ADHD, I wanted to say a lot of things regarding stuff he said but now i can't remember anything.
One of the things i do remember is that he is a paid consultant to many pharma companies, which might be why the DSM committee (or whatever else decides on what goes in) might have 2nd thoughts regarding his research, trying to not repeat the fiasco of the previous century where many people got misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder and pumped full of lithium.

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

On 10/1/2020 at 5:27 AM, kerdios said:

One of the things i do remember is that he is a paid consultant to many pharma companies, which might be why the DSM committee (or whatever else decides on what goes in) might have 2nd thoughts regarding his research, trying to not repeat the fiasco of the previous century where many people got misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder and pumped full of lithium.

Except that the diagnosis methods are science based, (unlike the old bipolar stuff) and have been around for over 200 years. (also unlike bipolar)

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Except that the diagnosis methods are science based, (unlike the old bipolar stuff) and have been around for over 200 years. (also unlike bipolar)

I forgot to mention that most of the misdiagnosed had ADD/ADHD

Burn the World!

On 10/2/2020 at 4:33 PM, kerdios said:

I forgot to mention that most of the misdiagnosed had ADD/ADHD

That only further supports the change to enhance the diagnosis methodology for ADHD, not keep using known flawed methodology.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.