Too much cash? We can help.

Well the site has now been set up to accept donations. The link is at the top of the page where you can donate money if you feel so inclined and/or read my thoughts regarding donations in general. I'd like to stress that I added this at the repeated requests of some of the viewers. I'll continue making videos as long as I'm able to and I'll never hold them "hostage" in exchange for more money. If you never donate anything, that's fine; you'll keep getting videos. If NOBODY donates anything, that's fine; I'll keep making videos. I'm happy to have as many people interested in watching the videos as I do.

One thing I would like viewer feedback from is I'd like to do something extra for people who donate if possible, but I'm not sure what sort of things people would like. If you have ideas of little things donators might appreciate, go ahead and post them in the forums.

Give them a cake

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

make a video of you cosplayed as someone from half life and do
or
!
This is why I don't run things as a democracy.

Something that some sites do if you donate a certain amount of money is, they'll give you access to content that regular users can't view. And in doing so it will motivate more people to donate.

Something that some sites do if you donate a certain amount of money is, they'll give you access to content that regular users can't view. And in doing so it will motivate more people to donate.

But isn't that kinda like making us pay for content? I mean, I understand where your comming from, and I'm drawing a blank ideas myself, but it seems to go against what Ross just said.

Hmm...A recording of you saying thank you?

A Freeman's Mind or Civil Protection OFFICIAL ring tone?

I dunno, but what do expect? I'm Homelessman, I'll never have the spare cash to donate.

Ross, what about making a list of people with size of their donations [let ppl know their heroes] and maybe give donators opportunity to write a line. like "Hey, whats up" or "for greater good" or maybe just "thanks Ross" Some day I will spend some bucks and write "FREEMAN SAVED MY LIFE"

ADDED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMUyjvXpMV0

Donator tags? and maybe special tags for those who donate 'large' amounts.

This is one thing is the best way as it show how much they donated and one site do I know one site that they even got a $100 donation that they had to make a new rank in order to show the persons admiration/dedication to the site.

this could be usefull example (colours don;t have to be used)

anymoney-$5 Donator with tag

$5-$20 Reputable Donator

$20-$50 Honorable Donator

$50+ Accuresed Farms Worshiper

Ross, what about making a list of people with size of their donations [let ppl know their heroes] and maybe give donators opportunity to write a line. like "Hey, whats up" or "for greater good" or maybe just "thanks Ross" Some day I will spend some bucks and write "FREEMAN SAVED MY LIFE"

Yeah I think this would be the best idea. That said I would really like it if the latest donator's names could be put into the credits of the most recently released video you make but I understand that could be potentially difficult depending on how popular this donation thing becomes, I mean if you got a hundred donations between two videos you would end up having to make the credits several minutes long to show all the names. The idea for custom titles/tags would also work pretty well.

Maybe if you got enough you could make a special donator 'Thank you' video which covers the names of the donators in some way. Perhaps as a Civil Protection special, lets say Mike and Dave are having to clean a war monument as a punishment for poor performance and the names on the plaque could be those of the donators. Maybe you could carry this idea more subtley into a normal episode as a set of Easter eggs. You could have roads named after donators or even give the names to minor characters.

I don't want to pressurise you though and ultimately we're donating to you because you give us excellent entertainment so it would be pretty counterproductive if these additions actually ended up stifling your creativity and reducing the quality of your work by diluting it with countless shout-outs. Really then the best reward you can give us is to keep doing what you're doing and keep doing it well.

This is one thing is the best way as it show how much they donated and one site do I know one site that they even got a $100 donation that they had to make a new rank in order to show the persons admiration/dedication to the site.

$5-$20 Reputable Donator

I just had a stupid idea, what if they were made farm-themed?

something like...

any money-$5 Unlucky Pig Sty Scrubber

$5-$20 Damned Henman

$20-$50 Cursed Farmhand

$50+ Accursed Farmer

Eh? Eh?

This is awesome, Ross

However, I really don't think you need to do anything extra for the people that make donations... you've already given us dozens of excellent videos for free.

And with all due respect to the people that posted above me... I don't believe it's appropriate or fair to give donator tags. I'm sure we'll all contribute accordingly to our means. And if you don't have the economic means, you can always work on the subtitles, be a mod, sound or video editor, voice actor, etc.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

If I donate (and I likely will if it's an easy process), then I'd rather not get anything exclusive. At the MOST I'd be okay with some sort of indication that I've donated, but I'd be okay with nothing at all.

Hey, is it possible to give negative donations?

That's where you give us money, and you still make videos.

I would definitely donate if that were the case. I'd finally be able to buy a cotton candy machine. I've always wanted someone to have a pair of cotton candy boxing gloves. It just seems like an awesome way to eat cotton candy, just getting pummeled by a large bundle of fluff while eating it at the same time.

Anyways, I've got something against the "have donaters create their own lines" idea. It's really not a problem if the person is funny, but if they're not funny, then it's a problem. I'd hate to see full movies filled with cheesy lines. I could also imagine that getting backlogged.

(Bolded orange so people will be less likely to ignore the important part)

My suggestion is to give advanced screenings on videos. Machinima always has their million year long queues. If there were a remote location for donaters to view movies while they're still in queue for a certain amount of time, of course eventually being taken down before someone leaks that location. I wouldn't expect it to be public knowledge, considering the relationship between Ross Scott and Machinima. Well the idea doesn't have to be exact.

$5-$20 Reputable Donator

I second this.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs