Too much cash? We can help.

although it is nice to give t-shirts and merchandise to you donators. it defies the purpose.

Ross gets some money and now needs to spend his time with: designing, ordering, accepting big order, find donators shipping data, pack and label for donators, and finally sent merchandise.

the sum in donations would just be a compensation for the time lost in doing all the above.

By giving back small things like donator tags, or very subtle shout-out in an episode would require only an extra minute or 2.

but then again donators shouldn't need anything in return

This is my primary concern out of all of this. I don't want it taking up significantly more time, I want to focus on the videos. When somebody donates, I'm informed of their name, email address, and any notes they add, not their nickname.

I like the "donator wall" idea the most out of all of these, however this would require knowing their nicknames or having it cross-referenced by email with the forum database, assuming the donator is registered on the forums at all.

I'll keep brainstorming on this. Whatever I decide on, it will NOT be designed to alienate non-donators. I don't want to give too much in the way of special privileges because some people have more money to contribute. The point of this money (to me) is to make even BETTER videos and any perks that go along with it will have to be a secondary focus.

I think that what would be ok for the wall of fame would be that if someone donates, after the donation, he gets some code from paypal or something, and if he wants to go to the wall he has to pm you (or a mod or someone else) with the real name, that code, and the nickname he wants to be shown, this way if someone doesn't want to be shown he only donates and you don't have to worry, and if someone wants to be there then he has to care to inform you and you dont have to go around figuring out nicknames matching emails with user accounts

or dont do nothing.

Double negative.

Do nothing, we give out of the kindness of our hearts or we're just being assholes.

My bad fixed, +rep.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I'll keep brainstorming on this. Whatever I decide on, it will NOT be designed to alienate non-donators. I don't want to give too much in the way of special privileges because some people have more money to contribute. The point of this money (to me) is to make even BETTER videos and any perks that go along with it will have to be a secondary focus.

Don't worry about us. If this helps you make awesome videos, that's more than enough reward

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

after the donation, he gets some code from paypal

That's called a "Transaction ID", and both the purchaser and Ross already get that number. Sounds like a good method idea to me...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Other than possibly a quick thank you, please consider not doing anything. I'm happy with you just making more videos.

I think donators should get more than a few colorful forum tags. Not that I'm complaining, but if you're going to actually want to give a gift for these people, forum tags would be the weakest option you have. Not to mention there aren't that many people who even post on these forums, or let alone care about what their tag says.

You should start to procure more outtakes, extras, behind the scenes and such while making your videos, and organize them into a section that's only available to donators. You wouldn't even have to update this section often, or anything. About 2 or so entries in a year would do just fine. And don't worry about looking like an ass who wants to make money from "selling" these extras. This is just a morality trend everyone likes to yap about, yet never actually enforce. I guarantee you nobody would stop watching your vids for example. Heck, the serious ones already left the moment you "sold out" to Machinima, anyway.

a section that's only available to donators.

Legally that is called 'selling'. Doesn't matter what you think of it, it's the legality that is the problem.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Technically, donators could download and redistribute those 'extras' so I don't see a point in making such a section. I think Ross mentioned the fact that he doesn't like to separate payers from non-payers over 9000 times already.

It would probably be enough to just draw a piece of silly crayon art for every [number] dollars you receive, then post it in the news or something.
I like this idea, I could make it as advanced as stickmen.

Instantly thought of it being like this

mfw.png

It is rare for me to donate something on the internet, but I fell compelled to help your edavors on helping you make cash. But first of all Im fourteen so getting a job is very unlikely, but still have spare change waiting to be spent. So im going to save up and when I have cash left I will donate and give you a cookie. Well scatch the cookie money is cool.

you should record a couple seconds of yourself yelling obscenities into the microphone with their name thrown in.

I'd pay for that

personally, apart from your awesome videos, i need more rep points (not for me, but to give to others)

or, rather than giving t-shirts for donations, just sell t-shirts. simpler,easier.

of course it doesn't really matter, it's not like it'll stop me watching your videos, nothing could.