Ross, take off as much time as you want, screw those redditors!

Sign in to follow this  

Title says it all. Though I haven't been active on the forums, I've been a viewer since the blogspot site days. I was listening to the Jan 2021 videochat and Ross said he hasn't taken time off of working on videos and the movie for 8 years. That's terrifying! But that wasn't what made me mad. What made me mad was the mention of somebody suggesting Ross take time off on plebbit, and it getting voted down.

With that I wanna call out to Ross: Don't listen to redditors, please! They're not good people in general. Every real mfer who's been following you for a long time will agree with me in saying that it's ok for you to take time off to chill and not work yourself to death. You've been working like a damn horse since the very beginning, through the dark days of jobbing for Machinima and into the "indy" YouTube career! Don't kill yourself by working and make time for some R&R. Human beings need vacation time. 

Edited by b14ckm4g1c (see edit history)

I agree you shouldn't work yourself to death, and everyone deserves R&R, but wasn't there a honeymoon and the entire break with the mold infestation?

Burn the World!

3 hours ago, kerdios said:

I agree you shouldn't work yourself to death, and everyone deserves R&R, but wasn't there a honeymoon and the entire break with the mold infestation?

I mean those don't really count

This guy (the channel owner, not the guy in the thumbnail) has a much larger channel and he's also taking a break

why shouldn't ross take one as well? (regardless of whether he already took some in the past)

P.S. They even have the same last name ?

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

You all might be surprised at how reddit is reacting to a proposal I made there for Ross to take EVEN MORE time off, on a regular basis.

I'm totally on board with him taking all the time he wants, but he seems like he won't unless we like, pressure him to take it easy and relax.

If you wanna see the response I'm getting though, check out A Drastic Proposal: Time Off for Ross. So far, people overwhelmingly support him being a nicer boss to himself.

Edited by jackinthebox
decapitalizing "boss" (see edit history)

On 1/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, kerdios said:

Did he get a honeymoon? I'm a fairly new fan, only for like... Maybe 2-3 years?

6 minutes ago, jackinthebox said:

Tbh I don't listen to most monthly chats so I'm not up on his private life.

9 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

that's a hard question, I'm not one of the guys who watch the monthly videochat, so I must have picked it up from another one of his videos , and it's been a really long time since, so I'm no longer sure which game dungeon episode I heard his wedding announcement on.

Burn the World!

that's a hard question, I'm not one of the guys who watch the monthly videochat, so I must have picked it up from another one of his videos , and it's been a really long time since, so I'm no longer sure which game dungeon episode I heard his wedding announcement on.

I'm guessing it isnt a GD episode, as I've watched and rewatched all of those multiple times :P probably a videochat (one of the very very few you watched) or a random video

FOUND IT!

ALRIGHT, SO THE FINAL VOTE COUNT IS IN:

Somewhere in the middle: 5 votes
GET BACK TO WORK MAGGOT!: 7 votes
Let Ross eat time off: 76 votes

That comes out to 86% in favor of the rough amount of time off i wanted to recommend, and only 8% of folks against. And I bet even they were just joking around, not really serious.

I would love to hear your all's input on the stuff we talked about there.

A Drastic Proposal: Time Off for Ross

Getting burned out and not being able to produce anything is not a good thing, so taking a break isn't just acceptable, but recommended.