FREEMAN'S MIND - EPISODE 6

Sign in to follow this  

I really have to say I actually enjoy watching Freeman's Mind more than most of the Civil Protections series, even that I know your huge effort on that one. I'm just saying that if it'll give you more time to concentrate on FM, I'd definitely encourage you to slow down on creating CP-episodes, even though I really love that too.

Thanks for another great episode.

Yeah, this one was excellent and I also loved the underwater bit. Great work!

This was absolutely great, like all the previous ones so far. I love these videos and so do all my friends, and they're not even Half Life fans. =D

"As long as people are interested in it" ... The interest will be there! Don't worry about that! I very much look forward to seeing this all the way through HL2 and the episodes, no matter how long it takes.

And like anonymous, it's like a birthday present just for me! Hooray.

These videos are OUTSTANDING!!!

Keep at 'em, I'm sure everyone else here likes them too!

If you could make them somewhat longer, it'd be nice, as (in my opinion) the five minute length doesn't really reconcile itself all that well with the month-long period of waiting.

Probably hard to make, though. Rest assured that it's hilarious and I like the the realistic spin you put on Freeman's actions; in the video game we just see "the platform has collapsed, and now we take the unorthodox, more dangerous route" in a matter of seconds, whereas here it's more of an organic process for the narrator.

Definitely keep making them (faster.)

Best thing EVER. Excellent work. Keep it comming. Respect.

Firstly, I got here from Chris' blog, The 1Fort.

Next! I really enjoy Freeman's Mind, it is humorous to hear the inner thinkings of someone else's interpretation of Freeman, as when I played the game (around the 21st or 25th time I played through at least) I had a much different interpretation than this. I felt Freeman would have most definitely gone completely mad after the "Barrel Ride" in the beginning, and I then began to systematic murder of everyone and everything I came across as soon as they posed to no longer be useful to me. Ah, good times...

With Opposing Force, which I found to be a bit boring compared to Half Life, though much more interesting to look at, I decided around the 6th play through that Shepard was, in fact, not a MARINE but a G-Man agent sent to return all the Zen creatures back, so I used the Displacer Weapon on all the creatures using cheat codes. Sure, it was cheating, but it was quite a bit entertaining. I then hacked the game and did the same thing with normal Half-Life playing as Shepard. I still murdered everyone of course.

This last Episode was a bit bland, if you ask me, and you missed quite a bit of potential content, such as the Scientist crawling up the vent and being eaten/massacred right in the beginning and a palmed off confrontation with the G-Man, plus a lot of ammo you walked by. Just seemed like a bit cheap, if you ask me.

Wow I wasn't expecting another so soon, awesome work!

"This suit does NOT protect against gravity"

Looking forward to more FM

Gah, a lot to respond to. Thanks to everybody who likes the episode.

Birthday people: Yeah, mine's coming up soon too. I hope to finish the series before I'm Gordon's age!

Anonymous guy: I think some people might change their mind if I can ever flesh out some of the episode ideas I have for CP. However I can see where this might appeal to internet crowds more. It requires a much shorter attention span, will have more consistent action, plus I shout a lot.

Anonymous guy: I agree, a month for 5 minutes sucks. Part of the problem is that I have a lot more going on besides FM in the background, but I will increase the pace. The time length depends a lot on where the next good jumping-off spot is. The next one WILL be out sooner. Also I'm glad you like the semi-realism spin.

DeCreaux: Look, this game is huge. If I stop at every single event, it's going to take me even longer. Freeman's dragging his feet compared to a regular player as it is, and I have a lot to get through. The scientist getting scooped up into the vent had some potential, but he had a co-worker just standing there mindlessly while it got sprayed on him, lowering immersion some. Plus it's not like that's the last scientist he'll see killed. And yeah, I skipped ammo caches and I've tweaked damage values. I'm trying to approach the game from a semi-believable perspective and to me a regular person would be most concerned with just getting out of there rather than exploring every area.

Matt L.: I didn't put your post up because you're right, you stumbled onto one of my ideas for the series, so I didn't want to spoil it for evryone else. However I plan to do much more with that than what you described, I think people will like it.

Another very high-quality episode. Well done, especially with getting Freeman through puzzles without any feeling of contrivance (Contrivedness? Contrivity? Contrivia? I like contrivia, even if it isn't right). Weakness...hmm...maybe...I'd have expected Freeman to go a little more psycho with a gun, but then, there hasn't really been that much call to.

I think the greatest strength of both FM and CP is really their resounding lack of major flaws, but then, I might just not be seeing them because I like them so much. Again, well done on both series (Series? Serieses? Serii?)

Nice job, Freeman just can't get a break, can he?

Very good Ross, and salutations from Romania. Keep it up, these are really funny. I can hardly wait for a civil protection episode.

Awesome! I'd expected another CP episode, but this is almost as good. Nice job!

Freeman's Mind is my favorite! Keep it up man, great stuff!

By far the best episode yet. The whole lift scene was great.

keep these episodes coming! they're hilarious!