33 & 34 Green?! It's a sign of the apocalypse!

So yeah... here I was thinking I woudln't get excited about 33 coming and I'd be pleasantly surprised like I was for 32. Nope. I'm assuming we have sentries watching over youtube, waiting for it to appear. I need 33 now...

I've always wondered what was your problem with MACs. I've used PCs (with both Windows and Linux) and MACs, they both have good and bad things. I know Steve Jobs is probably an evil alien overlord trying to take over the world using his reality distortion field, but I can't deny the fact that his products have some appealing qualities.

What appeals to you? Is it the overpricing? Or the lackluster performance? Or mayhaps the fact Apple products are dictated, closed platforms? Apple's attitude is also very appealing, denying discoveries of security holes and then secretly patching them. Being idiotproof at the cost of freedom is one thing, but being so busy trying to be better than Microsoft that it is worth risking the security of the userbase for is a disgrace to put it mildly.

And by the way, Mac is not an acronym like PC. PC stands for personal computer, while MAC does not stand for anything in the same context. It is a short way of saying Macintosh, or with your writing; MACINTOSH. Well if we do want MAC to stand for something, I will throw Macs are confined out there.

All I have to say is, for a good, fair product you need competition, Microsoft as a monopoly would be a much worse world, then as it is with Mac and Microsoft competing. So Mac is good for the Microsoft product users too.

Now in my opinion both are currently using the "crowd's stupidity" as a tool for their Macintosh Ipads and the Windows Vista and 7 products.

Ipad costs as much as a notebook. Nough said.

Windows Vista and 7 take 2 GB Ram minimum....have a horrible defense and administrato system (forcing people to buy more ram not realizing if they stay with XP they will be able to play the later games)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Come on guys, we're here to talk about 33 being all green, not that stupid debate again. Go have it in the off topic sub-forum or something.

Captain Smartguy bows down to evercharmer for an apology.

I didn't even realize that this is the Freemans mind 33 topic, I just saw that post by Bjossi randomly and replied...

Freemans mind not in sight yet.

*Drinks more coffee and refreshes browser for the gazzilions time*

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

What appeals to you? Is it the overpricing? Or the lackluster performance? Or mayhaps the fact Apple products are dictated, closed platforms? Apple's attitude is also very appealing, denying discoveries of security holes and then secretly patching them. Being idiotproof at the cost of freedom is one thing, but being so busy trying to be better than Microsoft that it is worth risking the security of the userbase for is a disgrace to put it mildly.

And by the way, Mac is not an acronym like PC. PC stands for personal computer, while MAC does not stand for anything in the same context. It is a short way of saying Macintosh, or with your writing; MACINTOSH. Well if we do want MAC to stand for something, I will throw Macs are confined out there.

+rep

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I sense much anger in you, young Bjossi. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Let's see.

What appeals to you? Is it the overpricing? Or the lackluster performance? Or mayhaps the fact Apple products are dictated, closed platforms?

When my company started commercializing iPhones in my country, I got the chance to play extensively with them, and also with a Macbook for a while. This was in the midst of the MS Vista debacle, so you'll understand my point of comparison. Don't get me wrong: I've been in mayor trouble just because our friends over at Cupertino unilaterally decided to do something in one of their updates, or released a phone with such an obvious antenna design flaw any electrical engineering student could have spotted it, but still, for certain tasks (like mobile web browsing), they have very good products.

Apple's attitude is also very appealing, denying discoveries of security holes and then secretly patching them. Being idiotproof at the cost of freedom is one thing, but being so busy trying to be better than Microsoft that it is worth risking the security of the userbase for is a disgrace to put it mildly.

I think MS is guilty of most of that also. As I said. I have no special love for Apple, but I recognize that for simple tasks, some of their gadgets work quite well.

Sorry about that, when I write MAC I'm always thinking of MAC addresses. Kind of an occupational hazard in my line of work, I guess

Now on topic: no FM today. Let's hope for tomorrow.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Eurovision.jpg

So that means 3:00 pm for me... It's going to be a close call.

Curiously enough, I've never heard of this event before. And Wikipedia says that "audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally"

Eurovision.jpg

So that means 3:00 pm for me... It's going to be a close call.

Curiously enough, I've never heard of this event before. And Wikipedia says that "audience figures having been quoted in recent years as anything between 100 million and 600 million internationally"

What???? You've never heard of this event before????

Well, it's a fun singing contest of europe. Only the best of the new indie labelled people sing there, no big labels.

Even if you don't like pop it's very fun to watch, often funny entertainment and show.

The artists concentrate on signing as well as putting up a show..

How the fuck can you have missed this?

Ukraine also has a good history there

Verka Serduchka (Comedian pretending to sing as a woman pretty famous in ukraine) came second 2 years ago (Remember: Sieben Sieben alulu? )

Ani Lorak, a more serious singer came first 4 years ago.

*opens firefox*

*watches EVERY episode*

*...*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

*refresh*

I can't wait! the ep 34 is half green!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What???? You've never heard of this event before????

Well, that's easy. I live in a far away country, in another continent. It has it's benefits (like the fact that the when "The Fall" happens, it's going to be easier to survive here) and drawbacks (such as prices for software, PC components and cars, and the fact that I need a 14 hour flight to get anywhere fun)

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy" Hamlet, Scene V.

On topic: Machinima.com should start uploading episodes in about one hour, I think.

Count the wrinkles in your palm & fingers. That should keep you occupied for a while.

Count the wrinkles in your palm & fingers. That should keep you occupied for a while.

DONE! I got none, cuz I got baby smooth skin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i say we strike back at machinima. For every lame, senseless and idiotic show they upload instead of Freemans Mind (because they uploaded like 6 videos since this morning) we give them a dislike. Sounds kind of stupid but its our only resourse abailable (apart from raiding their offices, but i dont feel like going all the way to wherever they are) to protest against them. We are a big comunity, im sure we can make a difference in their ratings. United they cannot stop us. Anyone up for it?