The mods on these forums are banning people when they get told or get butthurt

Sign in to follow this  

I choose to post on these forums in order to have something off the beaten path to do. and support a smaller forum, not to fucking have some pissant mod try and implement facebook and twitter rules on me. I DO NOT care about your feelings one bit, and you should leave this forum (or ANY forum) if your feefees are getting hurt so easily. There are MANY people who do not care about your feelings, and you should stop coming to the table with such arguments anywhere, ever.

Here's the post where the butt hurt is happening right  now

The mod " The Britain " got pissed because I wasn't taking the inflammatory trolling and I said I'd dump a bag of trash in the park for every non-answer to my inquiry I got. That still stands by the way, and I already dumped the trash in the park for the non-answers I got in that post.

There will never be any serious discussion of topics in these forums as long as these pseudointellectual mods are able to enforce their arbitrary LIBERAL feelings that are rife with cognitive dissonance; I cannot express in words how little I care about the FEELINGS of someone who's invalid. You should be locked up in a mental institution where no one ever has to hear your fantasies about climate change, the plandemic, your fake ass science about topics I won't even dignify by mentioning them here.

If this post gets banned or I get a point against my account I will dump my used motor oil into the river in the city downstream from mine. You WILL pay for your arbitrary "justice", jannies!

Ross, you'd better get in here and set your mods straight or I will stop using this site, I'll withdraw my monthly donation and I will stop recommending your channel to friends who I've had significant success with as far as getting you new viewers.

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)

EYqL7RCWAAEudNc.jpg

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

1 hour ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

I wasn't taking the inflammatory trolling and I said I'd dump a bag of trash in the park for every non-answer to my inquiry I got. That still stands by the way, and I already dumped the trash in the park for the non-answers I got in that post.

Why is it always childless atheists that reeeee the hardest about climate change?

Of all people they have the least incentive to care, and no one should listen to them? Why do they reeeee the hardest?

You can't dole it out and then complain when shit gets thrown back at you.

Let's look at another example from that thread:

Please don't post angry comments here. You know who you are.

Maybe you're on to something. Atheists are just pussies who can't handle global warming. Maybe they should do like Disturbed and FUCK OFF AND DIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Explanation as to why childless atheists who have the least incentive of any demographic in the world to care reeeeee harder than people with children about global warming or shut your pseudointellectual mouth!!!!!

This is so tone deaf that it borders on comical.

Either you're a troll, or you need to do some serious soul searching. It doesn't matter what your stance is,  no one with any modicum of self-respect will listen to the blathering rhetoric of petulant poster that can't even roll with the same punches he throws. 

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

OP is a great case study into why good forums have validation subforums. Not because he's a reactionary conservative necessarily (though that is a great reason to ban someone), but because he is utterly incapable of discussing in any kind of good faith. That's not a dig, it's a statement of observation.

It's just not worth anyone's time to meaningfully pretend they can debate someone who will very explicitly state that they are not going to consider viewpoints other than their own, and then demand you consider theirs. Like, even if your points are good, which this guy's aren't, demanding that your feelings be enforced as dogma across an internet forum for one dude's youtube show because you're angry that you have to see those differing opinions is ridiculous. Even I don't do that, I only want the fash to get banned because of the actual tangible threats that platforming hate speech poses.

Speaking of threats:

9 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

If this post gets banned or I get a point against my account I will dump my used motor oil into the river in the city downstream from mine. You WILL pay for your arbitrary "justice", jannies!

This is definitely a guy threatening to commit a crime if some forum doesn't ban anyone he calls a liberal, isn't it? I'm not exactly sure if that violates the rules, but I just wanted to type that sentence out and make you all read it just to appreciate how ridiculous this situation is. I also think it's funny that he often tries to take the moral high ground over liberals, while unambiguously saying "I'm going to pollute a river on purpose if you don't conform to my beliefs". Love of Christ showing real strongly right there.

9 hours ago, FullBusinessSuit said:

Ross, you'd better get in here and set your mods straight or I will stop using this site, I'll withdraw my monthly donation and I will stop recommending your channel to friends who I've had significant success with as far as getting you new viewers.

It's insulting to threaten criminal action if a forum doesn't enforce your dogma, it's insulting to threaten to leave or pull a donation for the same reason, but it's even more insulting to treat Ross or the mods as so utterly spineless as for there to be any chance your bluff would work. You might just as well demand absolute control over all the Accursed Farms' sites and twitter accounts be handed over to you personally, and everyone needs to send you money.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Shaddy said:

It's insulting to threaten criminal action if a forum doesn't enforce your dogma, it's insulting to threaten to leave or pull a donation for the same reason, but it's even more insulting to treat Ross or the mods as so utterly spineless as for there to be any chance your bluff would work. You might just as well demand absolute control over all the Accursed Farms' sites and twitter accounts be handed over to you personally, and everyone needs to send you money.

He's a troll or some kind of invalid. I once knew a guy with autism who acted exactly like this, with the same time deaf religious fervor. 

Banned and reported to the local authorities. As a side-note to everyone, even if you're pissed or joking, I'm obligated to report crap like this, please don't give me more work.

No one gets banned here for right-wing views, left-wing views, or really anything on that spectrum. What people do get banned here for are threats, ad-hoc insults, and hate speech as defined by the Supreme Court.

"If this post gets banned or I get a point against my account I will dump my used motor oil into the river in the city downstream from mine. You WILL pay for your arbitrary "justice", jannies!"

I've been very busy and don't get a chance to look at most of the forums, but I've had some of the bans run by me, it seemed pretty clear cut.  I set the rules up in 2007 or so and it hasn't changed.  Some of the rules:

-Try to act civil.  This means direct insults to other people are generally against the rules.  I've told the mods to give a little leeway if it's a heat of the moment thing, but the cases I saw looked like there was zero intention of being civil.  You can attack and debate other peoples' IDEAS all you want, but if you're unable to do it in a mature way, you do risk being banned.  Some people seem unaware of how to express their thoughts in an adult manner, that's unfortunate that they have to learn that this is a useful life skill the hard way.  In my experience, insulting people doesn't lead to productive conversation.  Even if this is swimming upstream, I'd prefer the forums to be a bit of an oasis for civil discourse, however futile that may be.

-Try to avoid speech / topics that could be interpreted as hate speech by the Supreme Court.  This is also interpretive, but this just isn't the right place to have deep dives on this sort of topic.  This means some topics can get relatively touchy, but I'm just erring on the side of the caution here.  This isn't really what my videos or the forums are about anyway.  I think that doesn't apply to this particular topic, but some of the other bans were drifting into this area.

-Try not to be a jerk.  Very interpretive, but is kind of a catchall if somebody's trying to test the limits.  It's not really meant as a hardline rule, more a situation for weird fringe cases.

As for threatening to withdraw funds and stop recommending me, I'm fortunately in a position where viewers are collectively my boss and not just one person.  Plus, this administration does not negotiate with terrorists.  I still have plenty of good videos coming and have always seen my success as just me pushing my luck.  Everyone is still welcome to watch the videos regardless if you donate or not.

If you are planning  to range ban certain VPNs, can just make for new account creation?

I always use one on my desktop.

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

If you are planning  to range ban certain VPNs, can just make for new account creation?

I always use one on my desktop.

We're not. If they come back to continue the argument, simply report the post and we'll take care of it. I encourage not engaging with people like that, as it doesn't go anywhere productive.

15 hours ago, The Britain said:

We're not. If they come back to continue the argument, simply report the post and we'll take care of it. I encourage not engaging with people like that, as it doesn't go anywhere productive.

Sometimes it can be fun