Is it bad that I'm still bad at games?

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, and to this day it's basically the only thing I do in my free time.
But it's come to my attention (now more than ever) that I am really, really bad at them.

Apparently Fallout 4 is seen as really easy. wasn't to me, by a long shot. This got me worried; I've spent a lot of time playing games, probably too much. and yet after years, and years, I'm still really, really bad at them.

Should I be worried? I'm starting to think I might actually have a learning disability or something.  

Who cares? Everyone is as good at games as they're going to be. If you're not competing, you don't really need to worry about skill. Play the way you want to.

Also, no, being bad at games is not a sign of learning disability.

it really doesn't matter and you shouldn't care about whether people think you're good at games or not unless you're trying to play competitive/ranked matches in pvp games or something (and you should only care about when they're trying to give you advice instead of just telling you that you suck)

if you're able to play touhou adequately then you've got one on me, i find shmups really hard in general. even something like tyrian which ross described as not particularly challenging unless you use one of the unlock code difficulties stumped me very early on

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Some games are easy, some hard. Different people find them different than others. (what's easy for one is hard for the other and vice versa)

FO4 was really easy for a lot of people because they came from that same style of Fallout or Skyrim type game, (typically New Vegas) and got the addition of even better FPS controls in FO4 making it easier for people to play without VATS.

Don't worry about it, and enjoy playing what you enjoy playing. :)

PS: Did you delete the other thread?

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Being good at video games shouldn't be point of pride to anyone unless it generates an actual substantial source of income. Otherwise it's just a passive hobby to be taken at your own pace. 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 9/3/2021 at 10:33 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Some games are easy, some hard. Different people find them different than others. (what's easy for one is hard for the other and vice versa)

FO4 was really easy for a lot of people because they came from that same style of Fallout or Skyrim type game, (typically New Vegas) and got the addition of even better FPS controls in FO4 making it easier for people to play without VATS.

Don't worry about it, and enjoy playing what you enjoy playing. :)

PS: Did you delete the other thread?

I did, sorry about that. felt embarrassed by it since I was worried people would find it weird that I thought the game was hard. hens why I made this to check.

Don't delete a topic over that here. We don't judge like Facebook or Reddit. (we do it MUCH gentler)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:03 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Don't delete a topic over that here. We don't judge like Facebook or Reddit. (we do it MUCH gentler)

Well that's good to know, i'll remember that.