Any good, large scale war FPS games?

I really like big warfare in games; loads of soldiers, boots on the ground, stuff that makes you feel like just one grunt among a whole army, but I don't like having to worry about finding full servers as a game gets older.
I've found some like ArmA that have bots so you can do what you want offline as big as you want, but are there any others? it doesn't even have to be realistic, the scale, and being offline is what matters to me.

I've looked around a bit, but it's hard to find stuff since I keep getting recommended online games. 

star wars battlefront 2 2005 might satisfy you a little - it won't feel like you've created a big army in an RTS game but in the right circumstances it can feel sufficiently congested. it has offline play where you can customize the settings of the game. you can also find mods for it and although i've never really looked into that scene i'd be surprised if there weren't mods that upped the bot count for both teams. i know there's a mod that adds the KOTOR era to the game, as well as one that adds a new "era" that's actually just halo

if you don't mind doing a bit of prep work, garry's mod might be able to do this too, although you'll feel like you have superpowers unless you go deeper into the prepwork for it due to the default player stat values being over the top.

i imagine the right mods for any of the first person fallout games could probably get you there. similarly, if you're into melee combat the right mods for elder scrolls games could achieve something like what you want.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Battlefield, easily. BF4 is still extremely active and is one of the best large-scale modern military shooters out there by a mile, and BF2042 is coming out in a couple of months which has double the playercount of other BF games at 128 instead of 64.

the name's riley

On 9/8/2021 at 2:28 PM, Riles said:

Battlefield, easily. BF4 is still extremely active and is one of the best large-scale modern military shooters out there by a mile, and BF2042 is coming out in a couple of months which has double the playercount of other BF games at 128 instead of 64.

BF1942 had a simple text edit that could take you to 128 on both teams just fine... Nobody played it that way back then because of the network bandwidth requirements. (even the best internet couldn't keep up) Bots always sucked on those too, due to CPU requirements, and the limit of single-threaded computation.

To OP, you're unlikely to find any truly offline massive games. The closest you'll get will be bots in certain multiplayer game modes of certain games. (like the Battlefield series) If you're willing to go online though, you can give Planetside 2 a try.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.