FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 7

Sign in to follow this  

Ross, I praise you for making these wonderfull series.

Freeman and CP are the funniest series I know!

Continue the good work!

always found it weird how he has a protective suit with no helmet

The wait is killing me. When will the HQ version be uploaded? I would rather not watch it on youtube, you know.
Maybe you could use a different mirror than machinima, temporarily atleast.

Gordon's commentary on the floating crates section was perfect.

If im right about Freeman's questionable knoledge of his surroundings, the office is going to be great!

Ross man, I am really lovin the production rate of Freeman's mind. You have released so many of these in the past few weeks and its great. I honestly love FM way more than CP. I enjoy watching CP but I am always way more excited to see FM. Hope to continue seeing this rate of production, keep it up man.

Well, the lack of motion blur wasnt that bad at all. If there's any episodes where there are none of the alien barnacles, i say use demo. So what if there's a very slight inconsistency in quality. It's very small. Im thinking that having the short tentacles in one particular part wont matter. After you start fighting the soldiers, there's one catwalk with barnacles around it. I say ignore the glitch and just have him say "Soldiers mustve gotten them" cause the motion blur will come in handy during the parts with the soldiers cause Freeman might need some speed to overcome the soldiers... or run right past them.

Seems to have turned out pretty good, though it hard to tell with YouTubes quailty.

Extra points for doing the extreme jump instead of going through the lame ass vent.

Is it true your trying to do the whole series of Half life in freemans mind?

Alex: Definitely. See what you can do with the barnacles, it's a convenience for me to be able to record demos, motion blur or not. Your name will end up in the credits of a ton of future episodes if you can fix it.

JoeScratch: Yeah it can be problematic trying to get stuff up. If they can't get it up today, I'll find another mirror for it.

Kaijudomage: I was looking at it more from the perspective of the vent not even occuring to him. I won't be playing the game like a normal player, I'm going to do as much like a real person as the game allows.

Cool!! The part where you jump on crates was very funny XD

Good Work!

Muy bien hechos los capitulos

The chapters are very well done

Great episode!

I was wondering, would it be possible to get FM in Super High Quality, perhaps just uploaded to Rapidshare or some other hosting site.

Nice to hear your working on Civil Protection agian. Just dont try to rush yourself (thats how I have been failing my courses in high school, and I'd rather not have other people learn the hard way also).

Hey, I just bought your Tutorial from Noesis, and i didnt know who to ask about help than other then the maker of itself. I saw the intro movie, and copy the files the right directions (episodic)but how do i start your guide? When I open Faceposer, nothing happen, and somehow I cant open Hammer anymore, it wants me to configure some settings, which i dont know how to do.
If you cant answer me here, is there a mail adresse then, where i ask about help?

James Freeman: The original's only recorded at 800x600, but I might put up some mirrors for that when I set up the new site if there's enough interest.

Anonymous: I can only help with how to accomplish something in the Source engine. What you're describing sounds like a software problem with the SDK itself. Your best bet is to contact Noesis directly. They have forums and and email address on their site.

Ross Scott:
"James Freeman: The original's only recorded at 800x600, but I might put up some mirrors for that when I set up the new site if there's enough interest."

I'm interested as well. The higher, the better.

Great job on the episode! Even without motion blur the realism is there. I love the staggered speech when jumping from crate to crate.

Ross, you're a genius! I've been watching your videos since you released the first Civil Protection episode! And I've got all of them and all Freeman's Mind episodes on my ZEN, I just can't stop to watch them! I'm italian and I have only a PET diploma (passed with merit, though), so I understand just the 90% of the speeches of your videos... I don't even know how many mistakes I'm writing right know, so please, forgive me!
It would be a nice thing to add captions to your videos, don't you agree?
Anyway, you're great! Keep up the good work!

Jacopo

Finally downloaded and watched it. Another great episode. It just keeps getting better.
The detailed yet obscure observations and references to real-world stuff that Freeman makes just makes it so much more "real" - for lack of better word.
Can't wait for future releases. Here's hoping '09 is packed with much more and even better releases.

Good episode, you should have had Gordon accidentally dropped his gun into the bottomless pit when he was on the crates, would've been so funny!