In all seriousness, this is a dire situation.

Apparently, normally he doesn't pass a nuclear missile, a large radioactive leak, and nearly collide with a robot on his average commute. I'm guessing they were moving a bunch of stuff around that day in preparation for the test or for other reasons.

As to him being high at the time, he does mention having a couple of shots of vodka for breakfast that morning, so he was likely slightly buzzed.

Remember though, this whole series is just an off-the-cuff farce created yb our glorious host Ross, ergo to look for overmuch consistency in the narrative is the errand of a fool.

Remember though, this whole series is just an off-the-cuff farce created yb our glorious host Ross, ergo to look for overmuch consistency in the narrative is the errand of a fool.

+rep for that. I think that's pretty much how I feel about the series too. I don't take it seriously at all.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

As to him being high at the time, he does mention having a couple of shots of vodka for breakfast that morning, so he was likely slightly buzzed.

That took place in Episode 10.5, which as we know is not "canon" with regards to the events in the video taking place at all. However, I see your point.

I consider 10.5 a dorito induced trance/vision dream thing. It did happen, just in Freeman's head.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I always looked at 10.5 as an alternate universe version of Freeman's Mind, in that universe Freeman scarfed down his Doritos and decided to go get the shotgun, and the rest is...well...death.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

this whole series is just an off-the-cuff farce created yb our glorious host Ross, ergo to look for overmuch consistency in the narrative is the errand of a fool.

What do you consider excessive consistency in a continuous series? Freeman's Mind is not the same format as Civil Protection.

I always looked at 10.5 as an alternate universe version of Freeman's Mind, in that universe Freeman scarfed down his Doritos and decided to go get the shotgun, and the rest is...well...death.

Or maybe this is STILL a video game universe and the beggining of ep. 11 is how someone feels after respawning...as if he had just eaten a spoiled bag of Doritos and the fact that he had just eaten one was just a big coincidence.

Anyway, you can't really expect this Freeman to be serious. Maybe if he is, he's just serious about saving himself, because really, since we never hear him talk in game, we can't say it's canon that he wanted to save the world or that he even listened to the scientists around him (not that they helped much anyway). What IS canon is that he killed a buttload of aliens and soldiers without hesitation...and that's called psychopathy. So Freeman wanting to escape and save his own life and accidentaly stopping the xen invasion by trying to do so is actually more likely to be canon than him willingly saving the earth.

Conclusion: Ross Scott's Freeman is not serious at all (which is the secret of this series being so entertaining) but is actually very close to be the canon Freeman...at least for HL1. For HL2 we have to bring Alyx to the equation.

Congratulations, you just criticized a comedy series on not being serious enough. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

/end thread

Or maybe this is STILL a video game universe and the beggining of ep. 11 is how someone feels after respawning...as if he had just eaten a spoiled bag of Doritos and the fact that he had just eaten one was just a big coincidence.

OR maybe eating out of the Doritos bag thrust Gordon through a transdimensional rip into such an alternate universe where he is immortal and can no longer die. It's in keeping with the previous canon in the series so far; Gordon was shot in the ear and was bleeding from it, but now whenever he is shot he does not take any damage. Of course, our protagonist is blissfully unaware of this in his high/inebriated/insane state...

Yeah, we probably ought to spare Freeman's Mind all the bizarre plot twists for comic books or George Lucas movies.

Those who wish to discuss episode 10.5, please do so in the respective thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=540

I can feel we are getting a bit off topic here.

i agree

also, did you consider that ITS FICTIONAL, its more realistic than him being total badass even though he is a MIT graduate (as someone mentioned)

and +rep 2 alyxx 4 being awesome

edit: anyway, the guy that started this has negativee rep, so we can all ignore him, with reason

I like how people suddenly jumped to the extreme, like wanted it to stop being funny, it never occurred to them that maybe, just maybe, there is a way to be funny without acting stupid? No, no way can anything funny be even resembling or containing a hint or reality, no way, that's not what video games are for, hence all games being as completely unrealistic as possible, at every available time. You guys jump to extremes, so have i, everyone happy?

Again, he's right people. Freeman's a smart man...and I ALWAYS appreciate intelligent humour.

Also, would you guys stop giving Mako negative reputation just because he disagrees with you? That's rather petty.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

I agree. Please try to give negative rep for spam posts or posts with flaming. Just because Mako has a different opinion does not give you a reason to give him bad rep.

On the other hand, I think the bottom line is that the show has not taken the turn he expected and therefore isn't to his taste anymore.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Those who wish to discuss episode 10.5, please do so in the respective thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=540

I can feel we are getting a bit off topic here.

i agree

also, did you consider that ITS FICTIONAL, its more realistic than him being total badass even though he is a MIT graduate (as someone mentioned)

and +rep 2 alyxx 4 being awesome

edit: anyway, the guy that started this has negativee rep, so we can all ignore him, with reason

oh you are just the worst kind of person, "He has negative repuation, so his opinion isn't important." This is why I hate the Rep system, it should be used to let people know when they're being assholes, but it's just a popularity contest.

"Plus Rep to Alyxx for being awesome." While I like Alyxx, you're only upvoting her because you think she's awesome? That's a bit stupid.

And I love how Negative Rep is an excuse to just ignore someone.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I have a crazy idea.

If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

oh you are just the worst kind of person, "He has negative repuation, so his opinion isn't important." This is why I hate the Rep system, it should be used to let people know when they're being assholes, but it's just a popularity contest.

"Plus Rep to Alyxx for being awesome." While I like Alyxx, you're only upvoting her because you think she's awesome? That's a bit stupid.

And I love how Negative Rep is an excuse to just ignore someone.

I cannot agree more. Down with the reputation system!

I guess it doesn't bother me enough to make me stop posting here.

If you don't like the show, don't watch it.

What, i never said i do not like it, on the contrary, i love it, it is one of the few machinimas i look forwards to. This is the exact reason i made this post, because i love the series, and i wanted to offer a bit of criticism for the safety of the series. Is it so bad that i wanted him to at least partially recognize the plot, seeing as he is going through the plot, i am not asking him to metagame, only to have Freeman recognize that that button he pressed, he didnt just randomly press it, he pressed it because he knew, from what others had said, that he needed to, he could make a joke or be angry about it, but he would at least recognize the point of what he is doing.

Edit: I actually had a positive rep before i created this, it went from 2 to -6, but is slowly recovering.