In all seriousness, this is a dire situation.

I saw only one interesting thing in this thread, a thing that wasn't even noticed by anybody.

"In fact, I'm expecting him to be completely silent for the first fifty seconds that he's on Xen (rather uncharacteristic of the series) as his enfeebled, sleep-deprived mind tries to make sense of what the hell is really going on."

This was posted by MadDogBV

I think this is the solution. Freeman just shutting the fuck up !

That would really really show how bad the situation is. As far as I know, Freeman never stopped speaking for at least twenty seconds.

There, he would suddenly be, for at least 50 seconds, totally voiceless.

It would just be awesome !!

He shut up when he got knocked out by the soldiers at the end of Episode 34. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Nnnn-not quite. Keep watching after the credits.

One thing I really liked about Half-Life over Half-Life 2 was the sense of seriousness

This is honestly completely backwards to what I saw of the series. I can't remember much, since I haven't done anything related to Half-Life in over a year, but I can clearly remember laughing at many of the military's grunts comments in the first game. But, there is always going to be comic relief in any game, so there should be some funny moments in Half-Life 2 as well, although the much more dire atmosphere of the entire situation by then makes the world a little bit more immersible than what was done before.

Yet regardless of any views, Freeman's Mind is meant to be a comedy. If it's not to your tastes, there's nothing keeping you from watching the series.

But he still shut up. Though you're right he does say, "Nnnoo." at the end and then laughs wierdly. It's really in stark contrast to the actual game where Gordon doesn't say ANYTHING.

I think this is an important subject. I was hoping to see a little character development in Freeman, with him at least manning up a little, but we're halfway through the game, and he's done no such thing. As much as a trust Ross as a talented comedian, I still have to say that this makes me worried for the future of Freeman's Mind.

I'd say that there's no better place for a slight character development than waking up in the trash compactor. He very narrowly escapes certain death, and it might make him better understand the grave nature of his situation. This wouldn't sacrifice comedy of course, but he would be acknowledging his responsibility, even if he was whining about it along the way. :P

I'd say that there's no better place for a slight character development than waking up in the trash compactor. He very narrowly escapes certain death, and it might make him better understand the grave nature of his situation. This wouldn't sacrifice comedy of course, but he would be acknowledging his responsibility, even if he was whining about it along the way. :P

What responsibility? Even if Freeman decided to mature a little when he wakes up in the trash compactor, he still doesn't even have a responsibility. He's worried about getting out of there alive, not the fate of the world. This would make more sense when he finally gets to the Lambda team and they tell him of the situation, but even then, I still think he's pretty much going to ignore what they say and only oblige because he really has no clue what they're trying to do, attacking anything that attacks him and blindly stumbling on the Nihilanth.

This is a good oppurtunity, true. I was personally hoping it would start happening by Chapter 8, the first time he has to do something important. But you're right, the trash compactor could be one HELL of a wake-up-call.

But he still shut up. Though you're right he does say, "Nnnoo." at the end and then laughs wierdly. It's really in stark contrast to the actual game where Gordon doesn't say ANYTHING.

i say one thing he should sound like he was drunk that's how u sound when u are hit in the hit and falling asleep for no good resson

Freeman is not concerned with saving the world, would you? He's a Theoretical Physicist, a victim in a hellish accident. Like anyone else, he's only concerned about getting the hell out and surviving really, let the military handle the aliens but let me GO HOME.

. This would make more sense when he finally gets to the Lambda team and they tell him of the situation, but even then, I still think he's pretty much going to ignore what they say and only oblige because he really has no clue what they're trying to do, attacking anything that attacks him and blindly stumbling on the Nihilanth.

And how is that a good thing? Is that really funny? Is there no form of intelligent or sensible humor? Is there no form of humor that isn't shallow or degenerative?

Are making quotes from a dozen movies, actually humming their theme-songs, talking like a pirate and doing random physics related jokes when he sees something that catches his attention forms of "intelligent humor" or "sensible humor"? The main "humor factor" (pardon my limited english) of this series has always been Freeman's sarcasm, I-don't-care attitude and him pointing out the multiple illogical or downright stupid situations he witness or ends up in.

Why don't you tell us what you define as "intelligent" or "sensible" humor? As far as I remember, this series has not being even remotely serious since the beggining and honestly, that's not what I expect, I love it the way it is now and would like to see it still following that path.

I haven't read everything posted so far in this thread and I won't do it, as reading constant critizicing is just irritating.

EDIT: Just wanted to add. It IS a good thing. There is a simple ideology between artists that says "If you've got a winning formula, then why mess with success?". It is NOT the best thing of course, but Ross Scott is free to follow it if he wants to.