how you found FM

That was actually somewhat funny. Given that it is a Youtube poop and those are by their very nature almost always UNFUNNY, this is a very rare exception indeed.

Though it's possible it's only striking me as funny due to how tired I am.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

That was actually somewhat funny. Given that it is a Youtube poop and those are by their very nature almost always UNFUNNY, this is a very rare exception indeed.

Though it's possible it's only striking me as funny due to how tired I am.

Sturgeon's Law applies here. The vast majority of YTPs are crap, but there are a few nuggets of gold in there and it takes a lot of searching and insight to find the good ones.

Friend said it was hilarious. Didn't believe him. Watched 1st FM episode. Almost pissed pants laughing.

My friend showed me it the first 2 episodes. I didn't find them funny at first but he told me that they were good when the actual game started. I watched the whole series at the time (I believe it was 8 or 9) and still didn't find it funny. I stopped watching and almost forgot about it. Then just out of random bordness I watched it again. And this was my reaction :o + :lol:

Found it after finding Civil Protection.

Found Civil Protection after finding Combine Nation.

No idea how I found Combine Nation.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I found Freeman's Mind shortly after a friend from my irish step troupe quoted for me the part of the monologue, literally to the letter:

Since this morning I`ve been bitten, shot, bombed, electrocuted, almost drowned, almost fallen to my death and strangled!
and some others. :)

That was about a year and a half ago, and because we were in bus at a time, I still can remember the oh-my-GOD-I`m-sitting-next-to-lunatics-HELP-ME look on nearby passengers faces when we started laughing... well... like lunatics. :lol:

I found it during one of my many procrastinating sessions when I was supposed to be working. And, it goes without saying, I didn't work at all.

I'm pretty sure we all do, Otto.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Now that I think of it, I MAY have found it on TV Tropes. Because I do recall clicking the "For what Freeman was thinking through the first Half-Life, see 'Freeman's Mind'."

Saw my brother watching it, rolled my chair over to his desk, and there went all my free time...

Don't get me wrong though, totally worth it.

It was one of the suggestion links on the page of some Half Life 2 video. One of the best random click decisions I've ever made.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."

I found Freeman's mind like a lot of other people: through the Half-Life in 60 Seconds video. I watched the first one and then ended up watching the rest. It was around the time when there were only 28. The one where the explosive boxes blocked the elevator. It made me mad cuz it was a while before another one came out. I didn't know what was going to happen because I had only played Half-Life 2. I just started the first one like a week ago. :ugeek:

I remember (last september?) I was desperate to play half life again, but didn't have access to my PS2, so I decided to look on youtube for a play-through. I was expecting a badly videoed tv screen, with some monotonal 12 year old narrating what is happening in the game. I gotta say, I was most surprised. I remember spending most of one afternoon watching the playlist, back to back episodes. Then I reached the episode in which he is on the surface after launching the satellite, and a sniper starts shooting at him. Then I checked back AGES laster, and found that a new episode was out! Yippee indeed :D

I was just browsing youtube and saw the word "Freeman" and was like "Like Gordon Freeman and the videos picture is of Hlaf Life, better check this out." watched it since it started then.

During the time, I was searching a lot of videos lately, and Freemans mind ALWAYS showed up in my search. For weeks, even months, I avoided it, thinking it was another amateur, non-professional video with bad sound and video quality. One day, I was with a friend, and clicked on it. Right when it got to, "SUCKEEEEEEEER!" I was hooked. Since then, I have checked back every week to see if a new one has come out, and only recently have been coming to Accursed farm, and just now to make an account.

In fact, we are buying a projector to replace an old tv. First thing I'm going to do, is get some friends, hook up the laptop and marathon through the series. Again.

It was my last night of summer break about 2 years back and i was browsing youtube looking for machinama(sorry if spelt wrong) and i found this. I watched it till about 3/4 in the morning. Then my computer broke and i stopped watching. I just finished all the current work. Im really proud that i watched it when it was kinda new :D