The worst music you can find

As the title said, post the worst music you can find or think of. No need to be offended if someone posted a track you personally like, taste is subjective of course and if anything you might find more tracks you like here!

Behold my initial offerings and despair.

HEHE HAHA HOHO

A lot of tracks from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood qualify, this one being one of the worst offenders IMO:

And there's also the theme for Haud Village in Suikoden V, but I don't think this one could count since it's intentionally bad (it's a theme for a village full of excentric wannabe artists, so it fits):

On 12/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, FoolOfWorms said:

Fun fact: One reason of why this one is so bad is because it was composed by Mamoru Samuragochi, a famous composer at the time. However, it was revealed that all his previous works were ghostwritten by another composer (Takashi Niigaki), and he lied about being deaf. (which his something that came up to give more "mystique" to his carrer)

It's also because it's clearly using the wrong instrument.

Also, I dunno how you chose the battle themes from Sonic Chronicles, those are easily the most tolerable and cogent in the game. We should be looking at how it butchers good music, like the S3K final boss.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, Shaddy said:

Also, I dunno how you chose the battle themes from Sonic Chronicles, those are easily the most tolerable and cogent in the game. We should be looking at how it butchers good music, like the S3K final boss.

Because of the high pitch at the beginning, and you listen to that track a lot. Also, I totally forgot about the abomination you mentioned, that's the result of placing a mental block of how bad that entire soundtrack was.

Edited by Kaiosama TLJ (see edit history)

On 12/21/2021 at 7:13 PM, FoolOfWorms said:

As the title said, post the worst music you can find or think of. No need to be offended if someone posted a track you personally like, taste is subjective of course and if anything you might find more tracks you like here!

Behold my initial offerings and despair.

I am conflicted, I see where are you coming from,

this song is all over the place, the orchestra stabs

clashing with those hilarious vocals, the thin midi

bass, it all sounds like Art Of Noise gone bad.

I don't hate it though, it sounds so weird and free-

form; some of the songs from those 90s midway

racing games were practically parodies, House 

Special comes to mind, I Love House Special, it's

so silly.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, HeartaceX said:

I am conflicted, I see where are you coming from,

this song is all over the place, the orchestra stabs

clashing with those hilarious vocals, the thin midi

bass, it all sounds like Art Of Noise gone bad.

I don't hate it though, it sounds so weird and free-

form; some of the songs from those 90s midway

racing games were practically parodies, House 

Special comes to mind, I Love House Special, it's

so silly.

I wont lie I like the song too, I like all of these songs, the reason why I put it here though is because it 100% does not fit the situation it was made for and ends up being comedic because of how awkward and strange it sounds.
I can't imagine racing with this track playing unless im driving a clown car, y'know?

HEHE HAHA HOHO

On 12/22/2021 at 6:07 PM, FoolOfWorms said:

I can't imagine racing with this track playing unless im driving a clown car, y'know?

Funny you mention that, whenever somebody mentions

clowns and the 90's, this is what pops in my mind      ?

Clowns in the 90's were edgy

psx_twistmtl_screenshot.thumb.jpg.98dc88ec2024deb28cf2f2edbdc9c0be.jpg

Edited by HeartaceX (see edit history)

On 12/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, Shaddy said:

It's also because it's clearly using the wrong instrument.

I guess you could make any random collection of notes sound like something if you just change the instrument with chimey ambient noise

On 12/22/2021 at 5:37 AM, kerdios said:

Everyone thinks of this as a "silent" piece, but that's not how it was intended: Cage wanted people to appreciate the musical quality of the sounds we hear all around us in our daily lives all the time, so by having the pianist play no notes on his instrument, he intended for any noises in the room during the piece's duration to be the music itself. In other words: if you don't like it, the solution is simple! Just go to a performance of it, take a ghetto blaster along with you and play your favourite song real loud on it as soon as the piece starts, and then that will be the composition.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, Mira said:

Everyone thinks of this as a "silent" piece, but that's not how it was intended: Cage wanted people to appreciate the musical quality of the sounds we hear all around us in our daily lives all the time, so by having the pianist play no notes on his instrument, he intended for any noises in the room during the piece's duration to be the music itself. In other words: if you don't like it, the solution is simple! Just go to a performance of it, take a ghetto blaster along with you and play your favourite song real loud on it as soon as the piece starts, and then that will be the composition.

I've heard of this piece before (and the general commentary about it that goes along with any mention of it) but never bothered looking into the background of it. Interesting.

From Wikipedia:

The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians describes 4′33″ as Cage's "most famous and controversial creation".

Yeah I bet they do! I'm curious what other works are out there that are in a similar vein to this.

On 12/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, Generic-User said:

Yeah I bet they do! I'm curious what other works are out there that are in a similar vein to this.

Thats a good question! Sadly I bet not many have heard of 'em

HEHE HAHA HOHO

On 12/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, Mira said:

I bet that if I tried to do that , people in the audience would shush me because they came to hear the silent version ?

Burn the World!

Those who know, know.
Those who don't will know soon

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 12/21/2021 at 9:37 PM, kerdios said:

But that's a true masterpiece!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, Im_CIA said:

Those who know, know.
Those who don't will know soon

Damn, this was ahead of the times, just a couple years but yeah;

Released in 2000, this was the sound of the mid noughties (00's)

really, in hindsight, not a big fan. Definitely a Roland TR-909 plus

probably a KORG Mono/Poly and that's it. 

Youtube comment section is loving it.

Now I am  gonna have to check what else in the teaches of Peaches.

Edited by HeartaceX (see edit history)

On 12/22/2021 at 8:19 PM, Mira said:

nope

Burn the World!