End of the world

Sign in to follow this  

Here are all the other "end of the world" Prophecies that obviously didn't come to:

http://www.armageddononline.org/failed_armageddon.php

There has been about 150 "end of the world" Prophesies (Probably more than that, that were never recorded) and lets not forget the fact that everyone thought that the world was going to end in 2000. so this 2012 stuff is bullshit. Just because the Mayan calender ends at 2012 doesn't mean a damn thing since their 2012 would be different to our 2012.

I hope the apocalypse isn't until at least December of 2011, so I can play Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

I hope it isn't until 2012, Bioshock: Infinite isn't out yet. Also there is still no news on Mirror's Edge 2, so that apocalypse better wait until both those games are out and I had a good amount of time to play them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, that was a big load of bullshit.

Here's something for the "Planetary Alignment" crowd: The last time you spread your crap, when the planets actually lined up, what happened? Did the world end? NO! The oceans rose 1 millimetre. For Planet X: I'm pretty damn sure that that would no longer be a secret, as the amateur astronomers with more-high-powered telescopes detect Nibiru within a year of impact. Comet/asteroid/other-body, same thing. Global warming has merit, but there have been heating/cooling cycles for the entire history of Earth. As for black holes, just shut up.

In short, I am not listening to any idiot theories about 2012 and the Long Count.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I'm tired of having to explain to Nibirunuts that gravity is NOT optional.

If a big planet came cruising through the solar system every 3000-odd years, its gravitational attraction would totally screw up the orbits of all our little inner solar system planets. In fact, it would have totally screwed them up LONG before humanity even arose. That's not "an opinion" as some of them seem obsessed with saying, it's a goddamn FACT.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Teh endz of teh worldz:

18919.jpg

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I am looking forward to late December this year, to see how the believers will react when nothing happens. And I wonder; what will be the next end date people cook up?

Oh, that's easy. 2-1-2019. (21,20,19.)

Or not.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I think the world had ended some time ago /dunno maybe month ago, maybe on winter/ and we *live* in an illusion life, but we all died.

Anyways, if someone mention End Of The World, I image postapocaliptic, fallout-like world. And I'm happy for that. I wish it could be like that.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I wish it could be like that.

In reality you wouldn't enjoy it, just like people wouldn't enjoy a zombie apocalypse or a Tolkienian medeival fantasy world. The glorification of these settings in the media tends to do ill to people's minds.

Tolkienian medeival fantasy world.

Sure. In reality, most people wouldn't enjoy that.

But come on, you have to admit, it'd be every nerd's dream to live like that.

(Up until they're out of breath for running about 4 seconds.)

Also known as "Username"

it'd be every nerd's dream to live like that.

They'd last about 5 seconds until they realize computers and the internet no longer exist. Dragons also look less cool when they're about to eat you alive.

They'd last about 5 seconds until they realize computers and the internet no longer exist.

I honestly didn't think anyone could be so stupid that they wouldn't realize this beforehand, though.

Well, I did. But I don't think it'd be all too common, at least with the friends I have.

Also known as "Username"

Dragons also look less cool when they're about to eat you alive.

I dunno, if I was about to be eaten by a dragon I dunno if I'd run in fear or salute it and accept my death.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Forget dragons and computers. I don't want to live in a world without flush toilets.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.