End of the world

Sign in to follow this  

Forget dragons and computers. I don't want to live in a world without flush toilets.

Toilet Paper. Or at least running water for a bidet.

Shit Crusted anus is not a future worth having.

Forget dragons and computers. I don't want to live in a world without flush toilets.

Toilet Paper. Or at least running water for a bidet.

Shit Crusted anus is not a future worth having.

You can make decent running water supplies if you have a good supply of wind or a decently flowing stream. Also, heated water wouldn't be too difficult either. (just a nice wood or coal heater would do)

I can even have a fully operational modern bathroom within 6 months, provided I have a decent location.

Computers wouldn't be what you'd miss most... It'd be the lack of firearms. (most nerds couldn't fire a bow straight to save their lives)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On perhaps a more serious note - this is my take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrMngVnjsQ

Sorry, but wake up and do what? What is it that you propose?

Regards

Apparently, wake up and become nauseatingly banal.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

The end of the world won't be coming anytime soon. (That's what I think anyway.)

Really, people come up with the craziest(and stupidest) ideas.

“Follow my advice and you’ll die just like me! Huh-HYUK!”

-Gordon Freeman

The end of the world won't be coming anytime soon. (That's what I think anyway.)

Really, people come up with the craziest(and stupidest) ideas.

What I dont get is the fact that people believe in the crazy theories people come up with.

"Life sucks sober!"

People want to believe in things like that because if the EOTW™ does happen that will mean you don't have to go to work, write that report for your boss, pay your mortgage, speak to your in-laws, think about where to get the money to pay the bills and worry about the pension anymore.

Ok, you will die but so will everybody else and it's not going to be your fault!

Regards

People want to believe in things like that because if the EOTW™ does happen that will mean you don't have to go to work, write that report for your boss, pay your mortgage, speak to your in-laws, think about where to get the money to pay the bills and worry about the pension anymore.

Ok, you will die but so will everybody else and it's not going to be your fault!

Regards

People are just too damn lazy.

"Life sucks sober!"

Yes, lazy and stupid. Just imagine the earth itself being that lazy and ceasing turning. It would be the end of the world. Think of the unthinkable consequences! Or...

I've never once regretted being a nasty, greedy, cold-hearted, avaricious money-grubber... conservative.

I played a lot of zombie apocalypse game and I've read the zombie survival guide, so that's one apocalypse I would survive. If you want to be part of my zombie suvival strategy please send an envelope with your life savings to the following address...

Waiter, there's a terriost in my soup!

I would probably be less than panicked. Life has a 100% mortality rate. An apocalypse would just make it a little bit shorter.

I would probably be less than panicked. Life has a 100% mortality rate. An apocalypse would just make it a little bit shorter.

Indeed. What is there to worry about ? We are going to die anyway. So instead of being worried about these things, lets just live while we can.

"Life sucks sober!"

At some point the sun will die and engulf most of the galaxy and at that point, the world will definitely end.

Galaxy??

Holy shit I did not know that the sun was that big.

It will probably just engulf Mercury and Venus, maybe Earth.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

If it dies, it will likely go nova and destroy not only this solar system, but also any nearby systems. If it also causes other nearby suns to explode, then a nova is actually a super nova, and could theoretically remove from existence our arm of the galaxy.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If BTGBullseye is right then in that case if a nearby (nearby being exaggeratingly overmeant) star explodesthen it could trigger a chain reaction to our star. Fortunately this world seems extremely stable, and something drastic in the world would probably take at least 10 generations time to happen.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

If it dies, it will likely go nova and destroy not only this solar system, but also any nearby systems. If it also causes other nearby suns to explode, then a nova is actually a super nova, and could theoretically remove from existence our arm of the galaxy.

A nova is an explosion when a white dwarf in a binary system sucks away hydrogen from a companion star, which eventually ignites, giving the appearance of a new star. (hence, nova)

A supernova is when a massive star, much larger than our sun, starts collapsing. The compression generates more heat, making fusion processes more intense. The pressure generated eventually overcomes the star's gravity in a spectacular explosion.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

The Sun is too small to go supernova. It will gradually brighten until turning into a red giant in about 5 billion years, then, after another few million years, it will collapse into a white dwarf in a puff of smoke (literally), creating a planetary nebula.

The value of real estate in the Solar System will by then be practically zero, so a relocation to another star system, well ahead of time, will be advisable.

Regards

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.