Mystery episode :O

Sure he has some access to BM:S - how otherwise could he get those yummy BM:S monsters which make a sonic boom? My bet is that those are not simply shared. Wonder if it will affect any of his plans... btw, if BM:S will be used even before its release - BM:S might get so popular that fans may crush servers simply by DLing it its a Win Win for Ross and BM:S stuff.

Just a fyi: the mod dropped the source name a long time ago after a request (read: order) from Valve. Now it is just Black Mesa (BM).

Can someone explain to me what Black Mesa the game is? I obviously know what Black Mesa the company is.

Can someone explain to me what Black Mesa the game is? I obviously know what Black Mesa the company is.

A HD remake of Half-Life for the Source engine, but the project seems dead.

Thank you! That's disappointing though.

Whether's its dead or not is actually in their FAQ, amusingly enough.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

A HD remake of Half-Life for the Source engine, but the project seems dead.

Thank you! That's disappointing though.

Well...they still update this

http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Time_Line

so i guess its not dead,but the creators are getting really slow or getting really lazy.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

It is certainly not dead. Just go to their community forums.

But I understand where people are coming from. How in the world can they announce a 2009 release date and then delay the mod by another 1.5 years?

That debacle is exactly why they're NOT specifying a release date at all, ever again. It's something I can understand too.

The project they're doing is huge. It's far more than just an HD remake of the game; they're rewriting dialogue, creating new characters, inserting familiar ones from HL2 in their proper places, remaking maps, completely redesigning the entirety of the Xen sequence, and overall doing far more than just an HD remake. It's almost like a brand new game all on its own.

Projects like these take time, especially when they're being performed entirely by volunteers. Remember, Valve took nine years to finally release Team Fortress 2, and they're a company with professionally paid game designers. That Black Mesa is still alive at all--which it most certainly is--should be satisfactory enough for fans of the Half-Life series. Fan projects are hard to complete. I've worked on a few of my own, albeit for Chrono Trigger, and I can attest to just how hard it is to get them finished.

So, yeah, from my own experiences...I'm pretty much suggesting that we lay off of the Black Mesa team, and let them do their work. They'll finish when they finish.

And as for this mystery episode...I'll agree that at this point it looks like something for Freeman's Mind, but beyond that I don't think I care to speculate. As others have said, Ross Scott is probably looking at all of this with a huge smirk on his face at how wrong our guesses are. (I know what that's like too, by the way: it's REALLY funny.)

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

They have kind of stated a "release frame" already; x (2?) weeks after the sound track is officially released.

Well, I watched KrimsinYT's Shephards Mind trailer, and at the end it shows Adrian beating Gordon up with a wrench... But maybe Adrian will pass out, and Gordon will freeze half to death and dream about being in Xen, and that will happen...

Oh the possibilities...

something tells me it's gonna be a live action video

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

something tells me it's gonna be a live action video
You know, that would be kind of cool, but how would he pull that off? He would need serious special effects and editing to make it look good (assuming it is in the Freeman's Mind setting).

Now, the idea of someone like Gordon Freeman, as played by Ross, actually existing in real life is kinda creepy and cool at the same time.

I believe that this will be some kind of "other" video....such as maybe something like Galaxy Gulp or that Halo thing or something. I don't think it'll be FM or CP.

Well it is a mystery EPISODE, so I am guessing it will be an episode in an existing series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How in the world can they announce a 2009 release date and then delay the mod by another 1.5 years?

They're operating on Valve Time.

maybe it will be a prelude of freeman's mind. maybe heart of evil( the character is a freeman but not Gordon) or something or some how freeman got in to black mesa or some huge thing he did(rob a bank or killing people or zombies).

My gut feeling is that it will be a "dream" episode. The ideal cutoff point for 34 would seem to be when Freeman gets knocked out, assuming he gets through the freezer at a reasonable pace. From this point in the game onwards Freemans run-ins with the military become significantly more dramatic-helicopters, tanks and the like- and he is certainly going to have to become more agressive. Freeman seems the kind to hold a grudge- getting knocked out and thrown into the garbage compacter will probably put his back up quite a bit.

It is certainly not dead. Just go to their community forums.

But I understand where people are coming from. How in the world can they announce a 2009 release date and then delay the mod by another 1.5 years?

I can understand missing a release date, but to miss it by 2 years? Maybe they modified the project somewhat? Or started over? Obviously, I have no idea, but it sounds like a massive project to me.