FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 8

Sign in to follow this  

Heh, you've always told them to get names but it seems you're attracting newer users who haven't seen the older posts.

bloodshed: It's a console command you can toggle with the source recorder. You can search up Source Recorder and you'll see the commands, it's easier than asking.

RTerranM: I'd think they'd dump them in a container if they were to pile them up, or just burn them, and there's more evidence of that.

"Scheduled Chaos Theory"? Didn't see it before, I guess it was done - lab looks pretty chaotic

One of the best episodes!

I can't remember a time where I haven't nearly been in tears and rolling around on the floor when viewing your work. Keep it up, bud.

You should create a movie when FM is done, I mean u should sell it on DVD, I'm sure it will work,
20/20 Excellent work!!!

Sorry to bother you, Ross, it's just that in your Choreography Guide, it suggests a link for the Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 which does not work. The page cannot be found. Is there another place to get it, or am I screwed completely now?

Also, sorry, the directory with files created and files needed apparently does not exist (yes, I had the Source SDK) and in Hammer all I see on the 'camera' screen is a wire mesh, which is not suppossed to happen. Any ideas?

RTerranM:They would burn them, then bury them. I caught some soldiers burying some burnt corpses in front of a house on a cliff on the coast.

Did you add extra sound effects to the vid? Or have thoes already been there,like the metal sound when he takes out the crowbar, or the sound of breaking glass when walking through the windows.

Really, really great job!!! There is still a long way to go, but the beginning is GREAT! I have also 2 questions: How do you record your videos (I mean which software)? and Do you add your speech during the game or you add it to the video after?

pdan4: Yeah, that was the scene I meant. Who knows if they were zombies though.

Kori: The metal clicking noises were actually recorded specifically for the crowbar, and a number of sound effects from the Half-Life games were used and mixed in after recording, so you probably wouldn't recognize all of them from Half-Life 1.

Anonymous guy: I don't know why Microsoft took down the link, but check on google, I think the 3rd link down for the same search has a copy. For your other questions you'll have to contact Noesis.

Kori: Most of the added sound effects for FM are done by Otto. I still do some of them, but it saves me a lot of time not having to hunt them down myself.

Make Barneys or Sheperds mind please(from HOMER)

Shh, there's people around here, Ross. :P Ah, you do most of the audio anyway.

Anonymous User - 19: Ross records the footage using the built-in Source Recorder, as mentioned above. It comes with every Source game so you don't have to pay. Secondly, Ross adds the dialogue in after the in-game acting, but I don't know at what point it is written.

Just out of curiosity is the new website almost done?

Man,you are a genius! CP and Freeman's Mind are the best Machinima i have ever seen

It would be great to have some english subtitles, since you got fans all around the world that dont know english so well and need to read it,but i think that would take more time...

So, take your time and keep it up

cmon ross, are you really going to let a month go by before releasing a post?

hey ross, is ther gonna be an hl2 freemans mind? and on gman squad boring metting ep. 5, xantos made a parody called barneys brain, that episode is hilarious "grandpa clyde found the car keys!" xd (crackbone) "look at ur asshole!"