Question About Freeman's Durability

Sign in to follow this  

[quote name="MakoVlazkov

He'd have to know what they are' date=' you have to be trained to use an HEV suit and it is part of the training, and given how much he both loves and hates (now knowing of the tracking devices) his suit, I'd imagine mixed feelings for chargers.[/quote]

No, I believe I remember him specifically asking what they are and then leaving them alone not understanding... maybe he forgot or those are different models.

What episode was that in?

I don't think that ever happened. I guess since it's part of his training he'd KNOW about them, but with all the fighting and ranting about why the fighting is stupid, he just doesn't think about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

He reacted to a battery for the suits once as a car battery and has said nothing else about them otherwise. (Except for a slightly later episode where it's part of his commentary on the cafeteria "except we're serving up batteries and ammo...alright..."

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

I can understand ignoring the batteries, but the chargers have "HEV" printed on them with in large bold font, with an icon of the HEV Suit.

I think it has something to do with the idea that the suit is protected by a plain ol' metal plate, no charge needed, and its electronics have a power source that doesn't need recharging from those panels in this version. Just my 2 cents.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Guys, I was talking about batteries, and I'm not a stalker, so I don't remember when, but I think the car battery post up there said it.

Why he doesn't use chargers, well, that's a mystery.

Maybe he's so busy with everything else he doesn't remember about his suit needing power (soon).

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

his suit can block low caliber bullets, and a limited number of high caliber rounds. explosives and things hitting his head still effect him

Assuming Freeman's training equals to Hazard Course seen in the game, he doesn't know what the batteries are for.

I can't recall seeing the batteries in the hazard course.

The reason he doesn't use the chargers might be that he thinks it's for the other functions of the suit (ie. the annoying voice, the flashlight (which autocharges, but freeman doesn't know that), and any other electronics) and not for the protective part of it.

Ok, the batteries are actually a very memorable part in the training... so you probably didn't play half-lfie much did you?

Remember the dark room? Security guard explaining to him?

My statement stays, that he forgot what they are due to super confidence and ignorance in the training.

Fits his type.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Or maybe Hazard Course isn't canon to FM. Freeman is definitely the type to just skip that sort of thing, mandatory or not.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

"The Black Mesa Hazard Course decathlon will commence this Friday..."

"Oh man, I forgot about that! I need to practice!"

Yeah I don't think he's been through it.

In the game, yes, but FM starts on the tram already.

In the game, yes, but FM starts on the tram already.

What's your point? I mean, there'll probably be a mod of Hazard Course once BM is out, but if there isn't, just pop in the original Half Life and play Hazard Course if you want.

Oh yeah, I forgot Freeman took the course around an hour before the game.

I don't actually think Ross is too worried about the consistency of it all though. :D

"The Black Mesa Hazard Course decathlon will commence this Friday..."

"Oh man, I forgot about that! I need to practice!"

Yeah I don't think he's been through it.

Heh, yeah, or he's so bad at it that he needs to keep training.

Ok, the batteries are actually a very memorable part in the training... so you probably didn't play half-lfie much did you?

My statement stays, that he forgot what they are due to super confidence and ignorance in the training.

Fits his type.

Ah yes. But knowing Freeman from FM, he'd just have walked past it or didn't listen to the security guard at all.

Fits his type.

Ah yes. But knowing Freeman from FM, he'd just have walked past it or didn't listen to the security guard at all.

More than likely he did the training, heard the gist of what they were saying, did it, complaining about the impracticality of it all, and then totally forgot about it later because he was so absorbed in what he was thinking at the time.

I don't know about the training course. The instructor always refers to the "use key" which doesn't sound very canon since pressing E makes Gordon open doors or flip switches (using his own hands), etc. I don't think the HEV suit has a special button which aids Gordon (or anyone for that matter) in pressing buttons.

I would really like to see Ross's take on being Freeman going through the hazard course... Just think of when he falls off the walkway in the blackout room... "I'm gonna sue! I could've broken my neck!"

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

could've

This is completely off topic, but THANK YOU for being one of the very few people to understand that is a contraction. So many people write "could of" or whatever variation on the first word they're actually using is, and it drives me up the wall, onto the ceiling, down the opposite wall, through a blue portal on the floor to fall from the orange portal in the ceiling constantly falling...etc etc.

Seriously it's incredibly annoying to see people write it incorrectly and thus I am always grateful when I see someone who actually knows how it is supposed to be written.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

could've

This is completely off topic, but THANK YOU for being one of the very few people to understand that is a contraction. So many people write "could of" or whatever variation on the first word they're actually using is, and it drives me up the wall, onto the ceiling, down the opposite wall, through a blue portal on the floor to fall from the orange portal in the ceiling constantly falling...etc etc.

Seriously it's incredibly annoying to see people write it incorrectly and thus I am always grateful when I see someone who actually knows how it is supposed to be written.

Thank you, I too am mentally stressed when I see people doing that sort of thing.

Your =/= You're

They're =/= Their =/= There

Those are a few others I find exceptionally annoying...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.