Anyone Else Get that Feeling?

Do you guys know that special time of the night when you feel like you've crossed into another world? That time when everything slows to a crawl, your other senses heighten, and all the strange thoughts that get drowned out in the activities of the day-to-day are suddenly amplified and play back in your head with the fuzziness of a VHS tape? The feelings I get around that time of night are the same ones I get whenever I watch Ross Scott's content, put on MST3K or Seinfeld, think about Half Life, certain kinds of architecture, especially if it's from a Bloc country, and read H.P. Lovecraft. 

Since we're diurnal animals, we would naturally find the night strange and mysterious; we were never meant to see it. But I wonder why I get the same feeling that I do then whenever I see this other stuff?

Does anybody else know what I'm talking about, and if so, can you give it a name and tell me what does it for you?

I take a lot of late-night walks (when it's not extremely cold outside), and yeah, I get that all the time. I've been listening to the audiobooks of Discworld while doing so over the course of the last year.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:41 AM, Shaddy said:

I take a lot of late-night walks (when it's not extremely cold outside), and yeah, I get that all the time. I've been listening to the audiobooks of Discworld while doing so over the course of the last year.

Is that you, Bradbury?

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"