Still Alive VS I want you gone

Which one?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Still Alive
    • I want you gone
    • Cant choose...PARADOX!PAAAARRRRAAADOOOXXX!!!!*boom*

Sign in to follow this  

Well,it had to be done,VALVe had to create a new ending song for Portal 2,a fine piece of work i must say,but,when the dust is settled,which one will be superior?

I remember the lyrics of Still Alive at any time of the day,still trying to memorize the new one.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I want you gone

Def more enjoyable in my opinion.

Edit: though both are fun to quote from

There's no "Never heard them, so don't care..." option...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Whichever one has more memes in it.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Still Alive is burned onto our consciousness, and its been with us for years. On the other had I just had my first opportunity to spin a conversation into Want You Gone's lyrics the other day, very satisfying. Still Alive is catchier; was easier to pick up, but I think I'm leaning towards Want You Gone. Sidenote, Want You Gone could have been called What I'm Counting On imo.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Not that I don't like want you gone(in fact I love it), but I like Still Alive me. Because it is so catchy and it is sung in such a cute voice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whichever one has more memes in it.

downloader.php?file=hidden_trollface1.png

That half trollface is haunting me the more I look at it, and I can't stop looking at it.... :shock::twisted::!:

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I caused a paradox :twisted: Boom.

Thinking about it, I honestly CANNOT choose. Similar to what others have said, Still Alive is catchier but Want You Gone kinda sneaks up on you. It just drips out pure genius.

I like both! :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I voted I Want You Gone.... It was just purely genius, though I will admit Still Alive was catchier.

Still Alive is much more memorable. It was completely unexpected, funny, and helped form the entire feel of Portal as not just a game, but a piece of art. When you think of Portal, Still Alive will always be the primary song most people will remember when thinking of it. It means more to people (well me at least) on a personal level than Want You Gone

However, Want You Gone is, I feel is better song.

So when I have to choose which I like better, Still Alive, or Want You Gone, I choose Still Alive.

I Want You Gone is better produced in a sense, but Still Alive is very clever. I had never heard a song like that made for a game. It was comedic genius.

Hi Friend.

I have to go with Still Alive.

That being said, I'm surprised Cara Mia isn't an option. I loved that more than I Want You Gone.

"It's time to evolve. That's why we're troubled. You know why our institutions are failing us, the church, the state, everything's failing? It's because they're no longer relevant...Evolution did not end with us growing opposable thumbs."