FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 9

Sign in to follow this  

Oh I forgot to add these in my last comment:

In the guide you say to record at 16 bit sample rate in Audacity. Is it just to keep file sizes down or is it a Source engine compatibility thing? Surely it's better for quality if you use 32 bit float.

Also I have found (at least in garrys mod) that being in noclip while recording a shot will stop the annoying bug where the camera moves when you resume demo playback. I haven't tested if it works in any of the other Source games but it may help you.

Great episode, but I think it'd be funny if you made a comment on the transition from morning, to night when Freeman finally finishes the labyrinth of rails on the level "On A Rail".

"What the hell? It was 8:30 this morning when I arrived at work, I was down there for ten hours? No, it's gotta be daylight savings time. Man I REALLY need to get a watch. One that self synchronizes too, so I don't have to do it myself."

Can't believe I just now found these episodes! I've enjoyed them quite a bit.

Just out of curiosity, are you a fan of MST3K? Or the Thumb movies by Steve Oedekerk? Something about these Freeman's Mind episodes reminds me of those.

Perfection. Utter Perfection. I can't imagine how this can get any better, it's just so funny.

CLASS!!!!TAKE YOUR SEATS!!!!!

THAT MEANS YOU TOO BILLY!

Epic win.

Any estimate on when the next one will be out?

Hello, I ran across a thread on a Garry's Mod forum, stating that you can record movies in-game, without useing an out-of-game recorder.

The thread is found here: http://mcbuild.forumarena.com/mcbuild-thread565.html

I do not own Half-Life : Source, so I don't know if this command exists in the older Source Engine.

Hope this helps.

Hehe, nice one, great as always Ross, about the problem with Freeman carrying the weapons, this is my idea:

He can carry the pistol and the magnum in his waist, a shotgun/mp5 and another weapon on his back, and his crowbar on his leg.

And for the Barnacle problem, that bug was actually useful, it made it look like the Barnacle actually surprised Gordon

ok so in genreal barring any unseen delays it takes about 2 months to make a FM epiosde and 6 months for a CP
little so but i can wait

ChosenCube: No. If I only had to focus on one thing, Freeman's Mind could come out every 3 days to a week, and Civil Protection would be anywhere from a week to maybe 4 months depending on how complicated the episode was. The problem is I work on both series and have other stuff going on in my life. If I get more animation help, Civil Protection could go a lot faster.

Sorry Scott but I posted a question earlier but it didn't get answered:

In the guide you say to record at 16 bit sample rate in Audacity. Is it just to keep file sizes down or is it a Source engine compatibility thing? Surely it's better for quality if you use 32 bit float.

Also I have found (at least in garrys mod) that being in noclip while recording a shot will stop the annoying bug where the camera moves when you resume demo playback. I haven't tested if it works in any of the other Source games but it may help you.

Master Chris: Sorry, I missed it since it was on a an older comment. I don't know of many programs that use 32 bit float mode, 16 bit should be fine, it's what CD audio uses. I doubt you'll be able to hear the difference between the two. And that could be helpful information about the noclip thing, I haven't confirmed that in other games though.

Ross... just do the FM episode then the CP. FM is EXTREMELY funny and its better in my opinion.