Talk about new PC OS companies, Mac, Microsoft

What OS are you looking forward to?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What OS are you looking forward to?

• Windows
    • Mac OS
    • Linux
    • Other
    • I'm waiting for a new OS company

Sign in to follow this  

I'm still on XP, but I plan to go to 7 in the near future. I won't be doing so until I have a VMware install so for programs that simply won't run on 7, I still have options. Apparently if you have enough RAM now, the speed hit for virtualized programs is quite reasonable.

Unless you're planning on using DOS or Win16 programs, you won't need XP. Just disable UAC on Win 7 to open up it's capabilities, and you'll not want to go back to XP again if you can help it.

Make sure your computer has good enough specs first though, and there is no need to go to Win 7 if you have less than 4GB RAM and less than a DX11 video card. (DX10 has an XP release that works great in most games, it's a RC)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think I saw an article a while ago where Vista was observed outperforming XP with in-game performance. It is probably pretty commonplace today, with modern games at least, but people just don't care that much.