The Tunnels pt. 3? Predictions on how it turns out.

Nah, I don't like spoilers, but I'll assure you that I won't treat it like a dream if I make a sequel.

Before we start this subject may I say that my idea of "Was It a Dream?" is now completly out of the question since ross replied in my post that it was not going to happen. (Did not proof read so excuse my grammar)

Anyways lets kick off this post with some awesome ideas! (Not really)

1. Dave Escapes.

2. Mike Escapes.

3. Back Up arrives.

Okay lets scratch number 3 out that is just hard to work with. Maybe 1 and 2.... I think not (Spy Reference) it does not seem like ross to do something like that.

So lets think like ross! (Hypotheticaly Speaking)

Ep.3 Prediction 1 in detail:

Continuing from mike getting mauled by what-ever-the-fuck-those-things-are (WETFTTA), it is obvious that the conconn they are trapt in is almost unbreakble, escaping is going to be hard. But what if the WETFTTA actually wore down the concon to be easy to break. But how will they stop nomin on him? A large sound, or a roar from a much larger WETFTTA. So while the WETFTTA are distracted mike will work his way out, eventually breaking free and figuring a way for dave to escape. Obviously Dave is bonkers so he will not give much help, so mike might search for a sharp object and thaw him out. They will try to escape but dave being incooperative with mike will be difficult to move with. Dragging dave, mike will sneak his way to a exit. The crazy guy being crazy will confront dave and mike attacking them. Mike kills him, but dave become more and more crazier. Since confronting with the psycho was not a quiet skirmish some of the WETFTTA are now how on there tail, so they run and escape.

Lets change one thing, what if dave was not crazybut was just talking that crazy laguage to keep the WETFTTA off him. but that leads in why does dave not try to talk to mike when it was safe to? Its a prediction that is not "Well Done"

Got a prediction reply. TELL THE WORLD!

Also pt. 3 is not going to be official so do not hold your breath!

The crazy guy being crazy will confront dave and mike attacking them. Mike kills him, but dave become more and more crazier.
I don't mike will kill the crazy guy. It doesn't seem like Ross or Mike's style. I think Mike killing someone would change his character too much. And it's kind of the same for Dave getting crazier, it's seems like a hard thing to resolve after the episode (the whole episode seems hard to resolve).

How about, a loud noise scares the WETFTTA away, the cocoon breaks/releases them and they somehow find a way out of the maze tunnel. When they exit out entirely, they look back and find that the hole is now gone.

Mike asks Dave about the hole, and Dave replies, 'What hole?' After a brief spat, Mike shrugs it off, and they both walk away.

But as they do, a noise(same that scared away WETFTTA?) is heard beyond the wall.

IDK. That's how I would end it.

The crazy guy being crazy will confront dave and mike attacking them. Mike kills him, but dave become more and more crazier.
I don't mike will kill the crazy guy. It doesn't seem like Ross or Mike's style. I think Mike killing someone would change his character too much. And it's kind of the same for Dave getting crazier, it's seems like a hard thing to resolve after the episode (the whole episode seems hard to resolve).

nope.... u know that mike almost killed dave right?

nope.... u know that mike almost killed dave right?

What episode?

I have to look over them now.

The objective was to stun him.

And ermm... maybe Mike manage to activate his stunstick, electrifying him, the things on his face, and setting him free.

The idea of wuollet seems possible, i wouldn't even be suprised if it turned out to be like that :geek:, well we have to wait until the ep comes out :|

...IF it ever came out...

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

He said he ended CP?

You can relax about that. The adventures of Mike and Dave are far from over. The series has been put on a halt though since Ross is researching a new engine to use for the series and his upcoming movie project, but it has definitely not been ended in any way.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I predict a plot and release date similar to the other episode 3 we have been waiting on.

Yeah I thought that too...

But what if Mike and the crazy guy struggle for a while, then Dave comes back to his senses and pushes the guy off of Mike and into the tunnels, closing the heavy metal door behind him, trapping the crazy guy in with the monsters. They exit the tunnel as they hear his screams, and find the same car that hit Dave earlier parked outside of the hole in the wall. Dave hops in the car and says "Finders keepers!" and they drive off. Just a thought...

This poor old thread. But putting aside the dwelling on waiting on more Freeman's mind, I'll give it a shot.

First, let's review:

The crazy guy didn't start off insane. This gent investigated a sound in the tunnels and lost it (and is now trapping others???)

Dave is speaking gibberish, but a bit of it is recognizable. "Ba Weep Grana Weep Ninibong," is a universal alien greeting. Someone else is welcome to translate the rest. He also won't use his flashlight (wouldn't be surprised if that had to do with something.)

Mike and Dave have noted that everyone seemed to have disappeared.

The car.

The tunnel seemed to have recent construction work.

Okay. My take on it:

The noise is made by the Nihilanth's successor or some last remnant. It could float through the tunnels and teleport its victims, like Dave, into that alien cocoon. Then, it's aim is to mutate or modify the person into some kind of remote control human to open a portal between Earth and Xen. Now that it has the English gent's mind under control, it's attacking Civil Protection to get closer to those in charge and eventually seek out revenge on both Freeman, Earth, and / or the G-man.

The stilt, body-junkie guy, (how about 'Stilts') was also frightened by the noise. I think he was a previous victim, an earlier experiment. And I think he was honestly trying to help Mike with his stilt-stub-arm probing.

The little monsters could have bitten Mike's head off in that split-second, but you hear Mike rant during the credits. So those things aren't the real enemy. Perhaps they're scavengers, not going for the kill, but the encasement of alien meat surrounding Mike. Dave is still talking, so maybe he will eventually communicate to the monsters to cut them loose. But it could also mean the unseen culprit has hacked into his mind.

So what about the car? Remember no-shadow guy? Keep in mind that he ran off into the tunnel.

This is all leading up to the Nihilanth's progeny's attempt to invade Earth from Xen by using human puppets to open a portal. And since it involves using mind-power, it could all come from Dave, (who wanted that super power if you recall.)

This is going to take place in... wait for it... ... ... Dave's Mind. Episode One. Where he saves the day by closing the portal ninja-style and with the help of his recruited alien friend, the freaky bug-eyed dog thing.

Meanwhile, Mike has gotten loose and has teamed up with Stilts to get out of the tunnel (Dave is on Xen at this point.) Mike finds a convenient crowbar and Stilt's arm-probes help to pry open the door. Crazy Gent isn't there. And surprise! No-shadow guy rushes past them into the tunnels. Having driven recklessly out with the car, he returned with a whole mess of CP back-up. Everyone runs into the back tunnels- way back- into the huge chamber where Dave has successfully reemerged with the new Nihilanth and closed the portal. CP soldiers shoot many glorious bullets and they take that thing out once and for all. Mike and Dave high-five. CP decides to reconstruct the tunnels into the biggest donut shop ever. Stilts gets a job as a donut chef and he's pretty good at it. All seems well. The last part can show No-shadow riding a train. you can see he's not making a reflection in the window either. He arrives at the old apartment where Crazy Gent has returned. Crazy Gent is still crazy. And No-shadow vampire guy sneaks up aaaaaaand- cut!

That's what you get Crazy Gent! For being scarier at the very end of the video than at any other part!

hey everyone new ideas and discovery on the new thread come see it me and Daniel started a great Easter egg, come help us support for a tunnels sequel

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

Hi again, it's me, I know, i know, your probably all saying "Vinnie, this thread has been dead for almost a year now, what are you doing here?" I just had a thought and i would like to share it as a theory ,or if the story isn't done yet, idea for how it would turn out and how everything from the episode links together. My guess is that a mad scientist who formerly worked at black mesa in "questionable ethics" wanted to find a way to control the headcrab zombies and have them invade the city without killing any of the citizens. but to do so, he had to extract a pheromone from the headcrabs as well as a fluid the headcrabs have to use to take control of the host's brain. He got a green light from the rebel commanders to go ahead with his research. Him and his assistant were looking for a place to set up, when they found a door inside the tunnel. At first glance, it looked like a construction project, but as they head deeper inside, they found the "dug-out" tunnels, and after following the tunnels, they managed to find an elevator that leads down to a secret laboratory that was used by Aperature science in the 1970s (when i took a look at the maps in hammer, i noticed that behind the corpse where Dave went missing, there was what looked like an elevator) They found that it was the perfect place to study. After a few months of research, the doctor started to get a god complex. He discovered that he can use the headcrab's cerebral fluids to create an airborne disease, without having an individual headcrab on a host. His assistant took note of this and tried to stop him. He anonymously contacted the Overwatch and disclosed the lab's location. The entrance to the construction site was blocked so the overwatch team had to breach it with explosives (the hole in the wall). The soldiers came in and hiked through the tunnels and found the elevator where they came down to the lab and took the doctor for questioning. The overwatch intelligence saw this as an opportunity. They didn't have to stuff feral headcrabs into the canisters anymore. They could just gas the rebel bases with the virus inside the shell. After testing the virus on human test subjects, They started to mutate into zombies, only this time they were enhanced in many ways, first having predatory intelligence, making them masters at hiding in the dark and striking at their prey in the most gruesome and effective ways. Also their appearance is altered drastically from regular zombies, giving them enhanced muscle and bone structure making them hard to kill when confronted with a regular body shot. Most of all, they don't need headcrabs. They also have the old zombie infection technique. Biting will infect. They had at least 100 test subjects in the labs. The doctor broke his deal with the combine by releasing the zombies from stasis. The overwatch were overwhelmed and fled to the elevator, which as a fail safe, the shaft was rigged with C4. The doctor also boarded up the entrance so they could not dig down either. He thought the zombies were trapped for good, but being the masters of stealth, several managed to climb up the elevator shaft and escape without anyone noticing. The doctor was killed as the soldiers ran out. (the body we saw in front of the elevator) It was only 5 years later when the diary owner came across the tunnel and found the zombies, he never found the lab though. But he possibly found the doctor's body, hence the scream from inside the tunnels. The slugs though were possibly the FAILED experiments on animals, or even other xen creatures.

EDIT: To explain the insanity of dave and the diary guy. Maybe the bites of the zombies create dementia within the brain before the final mutation. To fully infect the host, the virus is going to have to get into the brain, just like the headcrabs did. this can easily and simply be done by biting one of the jugular veins which resides in the neck and the forearm. Almost all veins in your body have to reach the brain to provide it with blood. Not having enough blood inside your brain will lead to a stroke. Biting the jugular veins will quickly infect the host by spreading the virus throughout the body's veins and the heart.

Well, that's it, sounds pretty legit. I wish this would actually make it onto the episode, seems like a legit story line.

"The only real answer is to get drunk and set fire to things"

It's too bad to read that pt 3 will not be done. I need closure damn it. Hopefully after he gets his movie out in the next few years he will be able to make a few new eps here and there!