Last Game You Played

Usually I don't play much, but whenever I'm bored nothing helps better than GTA4 or Cities XL 2011 (odd combo eh? ). Lately I've been to quite a few LAN-parties where we usually play UT2004 ,BF2 or Fear (Borderlands if there's just four of us). These games are a bit old, but they're just awesome for LAN-parties

UT2004 is still as fun as ever.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I am playing Dead Space 2 these days. Damn fine game in my opinion. I am currently in chapter 7, the game is starting to get quite tough at this point (Damn you, solar array elevator, damn you to hell.).

The Solar Array Elevator was tougher than all that came before it, but the part immediately after it is even harder. What difficulty are you playing on? I'm still on Zealot in the Ishimura.

Nothing, as of right now. I'm waiting to play anything till Portal 2 is out. Or till i get my video card.

The Solar Array Elevator was tougher than all that came before it, but the part immediately after it is even harder. What difficulty are you playing on? I'm still on Zealot in the Ishimura.

Hmm, maybe we are not thinking of the same elevator, I find the parts right after it fairly quiet and slow paced. The one I rode up got attacked by I think three beasts with some yellow weak spots to shoot at. The difficulty for me was low visibility once the bastards started breaking the windows. But boy was the view gorgeous before the shit hit the fan.

I play on medium, even though I'm pretty familiar with the game's mechanics from the first game.

Duke Nukem 1 is awesome. Used to love (and hate) seeing the demo playback of a level not in episode 1, I always wanted to play it for myself.

Hmm, maybe we are not thinking of the same elevator, I find the parts right after it fairly quiet and slow paced. The one I rode up got attacked by I think three beasts with some yellow weak spots to shoot at. The difficulty for me was low visibility once the bastards started breaking the windows. But boy was the view gorgeous before the shit hit the fan.

I play on medium, even though I'm pretty familiar with the game's mechanics from the first game.

Sorry, I lumped all the of the Solar Array together when I said "Solar Array Elevator". I meant the part after you align the solar array and get launched across the Sprawl. I don't want to say much more because I don't know if you care about spoilers, so I'll just say it's tough but fun.

That does sound like fun, I'll find out for myself soon enough.

So far the game is rarely tediously tough in my opinion. No section has made me want to tear my hair out at least.

I know a cheat code that allows you to play it. It has no actual exit though, so it's kinda boring.

I already played eps 2 and 3 so there is no need. This was many many years after I played episode 1 for the first time though, at least a decade.

Been playing Killzone 3. I've always loved that series. gotta stop playing campaign though and take it online for once lol. beat it 3 times, think i know the feel enough.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm currently in the process of, after more than 6 100% playthroughs across 3 years, finally finishing an Insanity run of Mass effect 1.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I love Mass Effect can't wait for the third and final one, its going to be EPIC! I also love how all you info goes from the first game to the second and third.

Still playing Dead Space 2, any good and ammo efficient ways to kill the creature firing the homing organic bombs while you realign the solar panels (Chapter 7)? The bastard ain't so challenging but I need to spend quite a bit of ammo. The only "kaboom" I got in my arsenal is the pulse rifle grenade launcher, but it is not upgraded and I guess it would be pure luck to get a good hit, same for the javelins. But on second thought, I do get a good reward for killing it, buying back the ammo I spent is very possible.

And why in the world did the level designer place a checkpoint 'before' riding the elevator up to the airlock? What does it accomplish to force the player to do that part over and over again after a bad luck streak outside?

For Both Dead Space games the cutter will perform just about anything you need. I almost never touched the rest of the arsenal in the first game just because of how good the cutter was. I have rounded out my habits in the second one for variety's sake. I LOVE the javelin gun, especially for the pack (shoot it at the ground and then fry the horde with 1.21 jigawatts of demetia engineering death!)

EDIT: yeah the checkpoints can be a pain sometimes in DS2

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Still playing Dead Space 2, any good and ammo efficient ways to kill the creature firing the homing organic bombs while you realign the solar panels (Chapter 7)? The bastard ain't so challenging but I need to spend quite a bit of ammo. The only "kaboom" I got in my arsenal is the pulse rifle grenade launcher, but it is not upgraded and I guess it would be pure luck to get a good hit, same for the javelins. But on second thought, I do get a good reward for killing it, buying back the ammo I spent is very possible.

And why in the world did the level designer place a checkpoint 'before' riding the elevator up to the airlock? What does it accomplish to force the player to do that part over and over again after a bad luck streak outside?

For both that "creature firing the homing organic bombs" and the wailing monstrosities growing out of the walls, shoot Javelins into the center and use the alternative fire. The electrocution will take it out pretty quickly, and if you've upgraded the Javelin gun to have the explosion after the electricity, it'll do even better. On survivalist difficulty, those things took 4 or 5 javelin ammo, tops.

Another fun trick: When you've got a bunch of the kids running at you, shoot a javelin on the ground and electrify it. The moment one of the kids gets inside the radius, it'll die in an instant.

Good survival tactic: If you pop one of the creatures filled with the crawly insect things, immediately use alternative fire on the Javelin when the critters come out. It'll kill all of them in one blow.