Last Game You Played

Gravity Rush. Still a bit early to give a verdict on the game, but it's enjoyable thus far and certainly different.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Gravity Rush. $36 dollars is a bit steep I feel, but if you've got a Vita and PS Plus or if it goes on sale it's worth a look. Combat seems to be the weak point, it feels a bit tedious at times. Navigation is super fun though because you can just fall everywhere. It also makes those in-between mission sections you get in every open-world game where you have to trek all the way across the map to get to the next bit a breeze. Changes that aspect from "Ugh..." to "WHEEEEEEEE!!!"

Borderlands 2! Shoot things with guns to get bigger guns to shoot bigger things to get even bigger guns that shoot lightning bullets made of fire!

Finally got around to this game since it's free with PS Plus. Would love to have this on the go, so here's to hoping they don't fuck up the PS Vita port.

The Elder Scrolls Online Beta. Great game, highly recommend getting it when it releases tomorrow.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Borderlands 2! Shoot things with guns to get bigger guns to shoot bigger things to get even bigger guns that shoot lightning bullets made of fire!

Finally got around to this game since it's free with PS Plus. Would love to have this on the go, so here's to hoping they don't fuck up the PS Vita port.

Yeah, pretty excited about the PS Vita port coming out soon.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Kinda worried by the lack of any sort of screenshots or game-play or anything though. There's one screenshot in a promo picture for the bundle, which may or may not just be a placeholder, and a tweet from Sony only saying it's "So good". I would've expected more info at this point, especially if it's coming out this spring.

Anyway, on topic, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Like the art style and the storytelling and the arcadey shooting, not a fan of the fugly border around the screen.

Kinda worried by the lack of any sort of screenshots or game-play or anything though. There's one screenshot in a promo picture for the bundle, which may or may not just be a placeholder, and a tweet from Sony only saying it's "So good". I would've expected more info at this point, especially if it's coming out this spring.

I've seen gameplay footage of it. You use the touch screen to do stuff like throwing grenades and doing melee afaik.

Renegade Ops... You can even play as Gordon Freeman in the buggy... Fun game, needs a little work on the controls though.

I've seen gameplay footage of it. You use the touch screen to do stuff like throwing grenades and doing melee afaik.

Where is the footage of which you speak? I must obtain it post-haste!

On topic, the "Figure out what the fuck is wrong with the PS3 backup utility" game! I swapped out the 80GB HDD that came with it for the 500GB HDD from the laptop I dropped (Yes the HDD was fine after dropping. In fact the laptop seemed to work fine, the screen was just FUBAR). Swapping the drives was easy enough, re-installing the system software was easy enough, but for some reason when I restore the backup I made of the original HDD, it gets to about 99% and throws up an error message saying it couldn't be completed. It restores all the pictures, music, and save data fine but all my install data and downloaded games are missing. I have some slow-ass internet and at LEAST 20GB of games and game data, so I'd rather not have to re-download all that shit.

So in review, terrible repetitive game-play that may or may not be bugged. The tutorial is a bit lacking because I followed it exactly and still ran into issues. Online walkthroughs didn't help much either. Graphics are meh, mostly just variations on the same green loading bar. Apparently it gets much better after the endgame, but I haven't gotten that far. 1/10, would not recommend.

Just YouTube "Borderlands 2 PS Vita" and you should find some cool footage.

Just YouTube "Borderlands 2 PS Vita" and you should find some cool footage.

I have sadly found no such footage :cry:

On topic, same game as before! *grumble grumble expletives grumble*

Hopefully the new restore I made actually works.

EDIT: For all none of you that care, the new restore worked! I now have a much bigger PS3 hard drive!

Uncharted: Lara's Fortune. I mean Tomb Raider. I mean the third Tomb Raider. Not "Tomb Raider III", the third game that's just named "Tomb Raider". After playing a bit I see why people liked it, but also understand why genuine Tomb Raider (the franchise) fans would not. It feels very much like an Uncharted game, which is fine by me because I love Uncharted, but Uncharted always had a precedent of linearity where Tomb Raider games (as far as I could tell, never really played them) were more exploration based. So, good game, just not a good Tomb Raider game.

Loadout... I prefer it to TF2 by a long ways... Probly because getting the weapons I want isn't a purely random chance occurrence, or an extorted trade with someone who has a dozen of them.

Uncharted: Lara's Fortune. I mean Tomb Raider. I mean the third Tomb Raider. Not "Tomb Raider III", the third game that's just named "Tomb Raider". After playing a bit I see why people liked it, but also understand why genuine Tomb Raider (the franchise) fans would not. It feels very much like an Uncharted game, which is fine by me because I love Uncharted, but Uncharted always had a precedent of linearity where Tomb Raider games (as far as I could tell, never really played them) were more exploration based. So, good game, just not a good Tomb Raider game.

I consider myself a genuine Tomb Raider fan and I loved the new Tomb Raider. I felt it was a great reboot.

I consider myself a genuine Tomb Raider fan and I loved the new Tomb Raider. I felt it was a great reboot.

Like I said, never really played them so I wouldn't really know. I have, however, played the absolute shit out of the Uncharted series (Got 100% on every one except Golden Abyss) and notice a LOT of similarities. Although I kind of like TR's cover better because you're not glued to it. Mainly based what I said about genuine Tomb Raider fans not liking it on the rants of a mister Daniel Hardcastle, AKA Nerd³, so it's really just one guy's opinion. I personally am quite enjoying it aside from the jarring leap from "OMG I killed a man" straight into what is essentially a genocide of bastards, but that's an issue that many games have. And in my most recent session I was attacked by an invisible man. Just two floating machetes coming after me. It was quite bizarre.

Last game I played was Luftrausers. Stellar little game, it's nice to see that the customization actually matters. It creates genuinely different experiences. Also since the missions are tied to parts it encourages a lot of messing around with combinations. Great fit for the Vita, but if you don't have one it's on PC, Mac, Linux, and PS3 as well.