Last Game You Played

Good job! X3 I was thinking of buying the game, but I just feel like waiting for a bit. It IS in alpha isn't it? Or is it beta? Can't remember.

Recently played: Prison Architect.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

It's still Alpha. It's actually pretty fun once you figure out what to do. Best way to build a base: stay away from anything unnatural (plane crash, tents, luggage, etc) and don't chop down trees near your base. It's slower but they investigate cut down trees and anything unusual. I would say wait a bit though. It tends to break pretty easily still.

Retired Forum Moderator

The Forest. I found an easy way to actually build up a safe area before any of the Cannibals find you. Complete with regenerating food source and clean water.

Would you care to share the specifics? I'm thinking of getting this, so I don't want to die in the first 20 seconds by just trying to survive.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The best method I found is to actually get out of the forest. Stay away from anywhere where you see tents, luggage, dead animals/bodies, wreckage, etc. Since most patrols can be seen near these. When you start building, find a nice open area as I've noticed they tend to stay more in the thick forest itself. When building the base, leave all the trees near your base intact and cut them down further away, since tree stumps will draw them in to see what happened. If you kill a cannibal near your camp, move the body farther away.

My method was when I started, I immediately headed for the beach after looting the plane crash(The medicine, booze, and snacks will hold you while you set up and get ready to hunt and gather), and then following to the left along the top of the cliffs. Before you leave the beaches though, find and kill a turtle. You can use the shell with some sticks to collect drinkable rain water. I eventually came across an open field right on the edge of the still undeveloped area of the game. The open fields have herbs that can be both eaten for fullness and energy and used in crafting. It's close enough to the forest to allow me to make safe runs for lumber and sticks yet there's a lot of open land so you can see if the cannibals venture out of the woods to make them easier to avoid. Build a small cabin first (about 16 logs) since you save the game at cabins and put the campfire inside of that. Set up a rain collector, and then you can start with walls. Walls easily take the longest since it's 5 logs a section and you can only carry 2 at a time. After all that, you can set up gardens and plant he seeds you get from the herbs to grow random herbs. These tend to break a lot right now so if the plants stop growing and you see an unusable interact icon, just save and reload.

From there on out you can really start exploring the game. This kinda is my biggest issue with the game in that the setup takes a long time but it can be fun in it's done right. When exploring, try not to sprint everywhere, since they'll hear, and if you know they're nearby, crouch and if there's mud, cover yourself in that.

That's what I've got so far. I'm still early on in the game (only played total of 3 hours) so I still have a lot to learn. I got lucky finding that spot to be honest. It's kinda of a trek to get anything but it's safe and I can always set up other places later on when I start going for game completion.

Well, now I want to play it again. XD I can't wait to see the final build.

Retired Forum Moderator

Sounds good, I'll probly be trying it once it hits beta...

Probably a good idea. There's a lot you can do right now but it's still pretty unstable and the Beta should offer more.

OT: Savant: Ascent

Retired Forum Moderator

I usually wait for betas anyways. ;)

OT: No gaming for me... Trying to figure out why my torrents over time (after they've been running for 6 hours or more) cause my audio playback to glitch so heavily. (imagine a 150-250ms static portion every 3-15 seconds for all audio) It even lasts until I restart my system, even if the torrent program is off, and network connections are disconnected. Frustrating, but a challenge that I am well suited to, and will find the resolution of extremely satisfying.

ArmA 3. The absolute worst campaign I have ever played. It's quite obvious the engine was designed for PvP and it really shows with how poorly the AI is optimized and how frustrating it is to fight them at a glorious 9 fucking FPS and laser accurate grenades.

ArmA 3. The absolute worst campaign I have ever played. It's quite obvious the engine was designed for PvP and it really shows with how poorly the AI is optimized and how frustrating it is to fight them at a glorious 9 fucking FPS and laser accurate grenades.

I know that feel.

Saint's Row IV. I really want to get into this game but I've burnt out on the third rather severely. Bout to go play some Age of mythology instead.

Retired Forum Moderator

Wolfenstein.

Not bad, it has many fun elements, but it needed something extra that it never got. It also felt rushed, in that the entire game (without any patches) works perfectly, but the endgame boss battle is glitchy.

FEZ. It's got a lovely game mechanic where you're in a 3D world, but can only interact in 2D, requiring you to rotate the world in order to solve the various puzzles.

Also kinda taking a break from games by and large right now. Need to devote all my time to getting my degree.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

CS: GO. For about 5 minutes before my internet decided I was done.

If my internet was a person I'd have beat it up and taken it's lunch money years ago.

Retired Forum Moderator

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Quite fun compared to most WWII extrapolation games. (other where some other event occurred to change everything, and shows somewhere in the future of the altered reality)

CS: GO again, this being my first smooth session.

Played a bunch of Arms Race, discovered how inconsistent the bullet spread is, and apparently made someone very mad because they kept putting themselves in the easiest positions to get knifed; an opportunity I never let pass. (in arms race, getting knifed drops you a level)

I still remember it now,

CHURCH: "Curious George can suck a fat dick"

CHURCH has disconnected.

Dignity and grace.

Retired Forum Moderator

League of Legends

16-4-16 as Gangplank

Eat crit and die, bitches

the name's riley

1v1 server in CS: GO with a group of friends. 2 of them are competitive players and I barely learned that there are exploitable bullet spread patterns. I both kicked ass and got ass kicked. I averaged out I guess.

Eat crit and die

I am both surprised and upset that I've played League of Legends (and other games with crit systems) for as long as I have and never heard this before.

Retired Forum Moderator

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

...there are exploitable bullet spread patterns.

That's one of the reasons why I hate Counter Strike, every gun has a fixed spread pattern. It bugs me because guns don't work this way and often creates cases where you gun isn't even pointing at someone and you manage to get a head shot. It's 0 skill and all luck even if you know the patterns.

Most of the reason I refuse to play competitive. Someone who plays CS non competitive? I'm like a sinner or something.

But yeah I mostly just stick to gun game. I'm just curious why they stick with fixed spread patterns when that's actually harder to code that random spread. Guessing an attempt to give the competitive players a higher skill ceiling to try for? idunno.

Last game was Diabalo 3

Retired Forum Moderator