Last Game You Played

Dying Light: The Following

Techland be like "Yo I herd u like fun so we put fun in your fun"

Retired Forum Moderator

More Don't Starve.

6 attempts at Maxwell's door. Well, I've learned more about the game now, but good xmas gravy, this game is unforgiving.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Deus Ex: Invisible War

How're you liking it? I always considered it to be very fun, despite the obvious of it being a console port.

OT: World of Warships.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Batman Arkham Knight, trying to 100% it, but every time I make significant progress in it, my computer shuts down. Good thing the game auto saves often. Almost as often as I quick save. With the exception of getting my video card replaced (which I bought last week) I've tried everything I can think of to stop this from happening.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Firewatch. I found it faintly disappointing. Without giving too much away for fear of spoiling the story for anyone, it builds up the tension and atmosphere and then leads to a tragic but depressingly mundane culmination. I think I understand what they were going for in the plot, i.e. "it was all in my head, I'm afraid of my own guilt", etc. If you liked The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture as much as I did, it's definitely worth checking out.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Played "O&O Defrag" on "Optimize - Complete" difficulty... It took all night to complete.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

I've been trying to S rank all of the levels on normal difficulty. I managed to A and A+ most of the levels so trying to get all S ranks seems possible. Albeit not a very sane thing to do but that's kinda the point :twisted: . I've got all of hard difficulty still left for me too.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Dying Light

Nightmare mode getting a bit ridiculous lol. Just fought one of the naturally healthier enemies. Took 10 minutes on one alone.

Retired Forum Moderator

portal 2

finished co-op with my boyfriend, might do the extras tomorrow

the name's riley

Dying Light: The Following. Just beat it.

Ending thoughts:

What is it with this trend of no more happy endings anymore? Either "purify" the entire region through activating a "failsafe" warhead or consume a supposed cure that actually turns you into a volatile that's only sane during the day but murderous and instinctual during the night, ending in an area where the infection hasn't reached with the sun setting? geez...

Like i don't mind the whole every ending is bad thing but I feel like too many games are doing this now. :S

Game is still amazing though. Well worth the purchase for that expansion.

Retired Forum Moderator

Ending thoughts:

What is it with this trend of no more happy endings anymore? Either "purify" the entire region through activating a "failsafe" warhead or consume a supposed cure that actually turns you into a volatile that's only sane during the day but murderous and instinctual during the night, ending in an area where the infection hasn't reached with the sun setting? geez...

Like i don't mind the whole every ending is bad thing but I feel like too many games are doing this now. :S

I suppose it's because games have an unfortunate tendency to rely on throw-away endings, as a medium the narrative aspects of computer gaming were barely non-existent until technology improved enough to level the playing field. I personally think games are still "catching-up" to the standards of expectation that are leveled at traditional media such as literature, television, cinema, etc. Partly because gamer's were never as demanding of narrative novelty until the last decade or two, the critical response of a game whose story eclipses in the gameplay itself is rarely positive. Developers have to work harder at achieving a balance between interactivity and linear experience because the very nature of a computer game surpasses the latter - no matter how experimental or chronologically disarranged a book or film (Video/New Media Art [capitalisation deliberate] arguably transcends the following logic) is, it remains a linear experience due to the inherent constraints of the medium.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I've got myself this sexy beast of a heavy in XCOM Enemy Within with deep pockets, shredder rocket, grenadier(I have all second wave options on). Dude barely misses too.

How's the sequel, by the way? I've heard it was incredibly buggy but not much else about it.

2016-02-15_00001.thumb.jpg.967ae302fcfbf46f8f3fd21a799772c7.jpg

In the sequel you can do a lot more, there's more variety, there is an always-on enemy project that you have to compete against to win, a LOT more character customizations, customizable weapons, etc... Oh, and 95% of rounds start with you being in stealth, (no need for a stealth suit) so no more "you see them, so they see you and get a free turn to get into cover".

I'm planning on making a sniper later that deals 2 damage even if he misses, and has 2 free reloads every match, then send him into combat solo. (probably in an E.X.O. suit so he can carry a rocket launcher too)

Really, XCOM 2 just fixes issues that everyone had with EU/EW, and doesn't really introduce any new ones. (apart from the bugs, the severe reduction in overall performance from EU/EW due to the engine rewrite, and lack of base building complexity)

Oh, and you can mod XCOM 2 'easilly'.

TF2

I was able to swap out my Razer for a Logitech(and even get money back) and suddenly I can aim again.

Retired Forum Moderator