Last Game You Played

Dark Souls 1:

Fuck, I accidentally killed the first undead merchant. I really wish there was a way to sheath your weapon so you don't accidentally kill people. On the bright side I now have a Uchigatana which is pretty sweet I must say.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

GTA 5 & Shadow of Mordor

When I say GTA 5 what I mean is after getting it reinstalled & before going to bed, last night, I launched the game for the first time in months. I wanted to mess around a bit, see where I last left off, maybe dabble a wee bit into online. Apparently my save was deleted. I thought the point of the Steam Cloud (VALVE sure loves their puns) was to prevent shit like this. Not only that, but framerate's shit. Like it's in the single digits. After messing with some of the settings, and relaunching the game gets me some error message like "audio not detected reboot and relaunch game".

This morning, before heading to work, I launch Shadow of Mordor for the first time, I intend to get past the tutorial, which I did, while dealing with low framerate (11-17). Graphical settings at the lowest, and something I've never experienced before: Resolution effecting graphical settings. Maybe it really truly is a thing that I've never noticed before.

When Arkham Knight's running butterly smooth, something's up. Why can't I have a powerful computer without any kinds of issues?!

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Though now I want to play dark souls. too bad I need to update practically my whole library and my internet is running 50 kbps and 4k ping. <_<

play with me, i'm getting bored of playing alone

i had some ideas for some silly pvp gimmicks i think would be fun to try out

Dark Souls 1:

Fuck, I accidentally killed the first undead merchant. I really wish there was a way to sheath your weapon so you don't accidentally kill people. On the bright side I now have a Uchigatana which is pretty sweet I must say.

not to worry, he doesn't sell much of use besides firebombs (which are only necessary for cheesing capra demon)

and you can sheath your weapon by switching to an empty weapon slot, it comes in handy when an NPC is being a dick so you can punch them without them aggroing you

the name's riley

Terraria

I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Terraria

I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH I HATE WALL OF FLESH

it's quite easy with a bit of preparation

build a ~1000 block long bridge and use a hellwing bow and you should be set

the name's riley

Terraria

it's quite easy with a bit of preparation

build a ~1000 block long bridge and use a hellwing bow and you should be set

Except I'm playing melee only. And in Expert mode no less

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

yoyo with yoyo accessories, or arkhalis with a bunch of healing items

at any rate, i'm gonna buzz off now since i'm done pestering rarity to play souls with me

the name's riley

I wanna play Dark Souls but I'm kind of unable to lately. :( My internet has gotten so bad I can't even play Diablo solo without getting mad because of the incredibly high ping. We're supposed to be moving over to a new provider soon but we seem to want to take as long as possible to do that. <_<

I've basically spent most of my time recently just watching videos in low res and they still stop to load.

Retired Forum Moderator

FATE: The Traitor Soul

Kind of repetitive, but it's the best deal in the series since it essentially comes with the first few games. Very addicting though, a good casual fantasy adventure RPG. Reminds me of The Bard's Tale, an excellent hack & slash with entertaining writing and gameplay.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Terraria

FLIPPING FINALLY DEFEATED WALL OF FLESH

Bee Keeper made it through, and it still took me multiple tries, BUT I DID EET

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Diablo 3.

Had a clan mate jump into my game to bum off my torment level(sped up farming process) and ended up almost completely geared by the end of it what with me dropping all my duplicates. They went from barely able to handle torment 4 to having no trouble fighting torment 10 level enemies that had been health and damage boosted by the group.

Also greater rift level 74 can suck all the genitalia. I lost 3 that should have been victories because that level seems to have a hardon for giving elite spawns damage reflect making it frustratingly difficult to complete it within the 15 minute time limit. And to make it worse I need to complete that and the next level to get one of the Conquest Achievements that'll land me extra storage space. :(

Retired Forum Moderator

Terraria. Want to see what's new.

Ended up playing with an old old friend from my original days of WoW until my internet decided I was done with that...

Retired Forum Moderator

Dark Souls 1

Can anyone recommend me a well rounded build? I need something that can handle whatever is thrown at it. I went with a dex build initially . While it worked for a while I realized I'm kinda screwed when it comes to shielded enemies.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Dark Souls 1

Can anyone recommend me a well rounded build? I need something that can handle whatever is thrown at it. I went with a dex build initially . While it worked for a while I realized I'm kinda screwed when it comes to shielded enemies.

Go with a quality build. Equal parts strength and dex - weapon requirements should guide you when to upgrade which. Big shields and spears/halberds trivialize most battles.

That being said, Pyromancy is OP in DaS1, and isn't tied to any stats. It's always wise to upgrade the flame and to ascend it.

Shields can be countered with a kick, or you can try to wait for a parry opportunity. Halberds are especially good for their downward first attacks which help with cutting off boss tails and fighting in hallways. I'd say the strongest non magic build early on is a zweihander dodge-based light armor build. Zweihander is easy to get and use early on since it's just next to firelink and if you go light to no armor you can dodge easily. (In case you hadn't figured it out, your dodge effectiveness is based on your weight limit. I think below 25% is the best dodge, between 25% and 50% is a standard roll, and above 50% is fat rolling which is a terrible idea. At that point you're better off tanking through hits with a tower shield and high poise heavy armor.)

Retired Forum Moderator