Last Game You Played

Ori and the Blind Forest

I decided to make things challenging for myself and beat the game on Hard, 100%

...I'm probably masochistic

Nothing wrong with that, I'm half way through Quake I on Nightmare difficulty.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Ori and the Blind Forest

I decided to make things challenging for myself and beat the game on Hard, 100%

...I'm probably masochistic

I'd try this myself (I LOVE Metroidvanias and have been wanting to give Ori a try for at least a year now) but much to my disappointment, I bought the game and I can't get my damn gamepad to work with it.

the name's riley

I'd try this myself (I LOVE Metroidvanias and have been wanting to give Ori a try for at least a year now) but much to my disappointment, I bought the game and I can't get my damn gamepad to work with it.

I like most Metroidvanias but ones that focus on melee combat drive me up a wall. Most melee combat systems I've found in Metroidvanias are too finicky and you're going to get hit if your melee arc is so short that you have be right in the monster's face in order to hit him. Whereas with ranged combat you're far less likely to get hit atleast in my experience. I couldn't stand playing Rogue Legacy because I kept getting flicked around like a pinball and there was nothing I could do about it except die. It was such bullshit.

I like most Metroidvanias but ones that focus on melee combat drive me up a wall. Most melee combat systems I've found in Metroidvanias are too finicky and you're going to get hit if your melee arc is so short that you have be right in the monster's face in order to hit him. Whereas with ranged combat you're far less likely to get hit atleast in my experience. I couldn't stand playing Rogue Legacy because I kept getting flicked around like a pinball and there was nothing I could do about it except die. It was such bullshit.

most combat systems in general benefit greatly from not taking damage simply by touching enemies

the name's riley

lot of Mafia 3 lately

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Thumper

Holy. Mother. Of Toast. This game got my heart racing when I played it. ON THE FIRST FRIGGIN LEVEL.

And then there's the fact that there are 9 levels in total. And as I saw, second level has considerably more stages compared to the first

In short: it's AWESOME.

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

finished mafia 3. Fun game, but most critisism is justified.

Also, Battlefield 1. Now thats game that i think rather underpromised. Its so friking good. Only real gripe is that Russia & France are as DLC & there arent faction-specific weapons (could've at least made it entente & central powers specific...)

Still, seeing BF1 war stories makes me rather confident to wait for new war stories with french & russian DLC-s, plus its highly likely (and heck, even hinted) that russian civil war & independence wars (fingers crossed for estonian one being included) will be dlc as well with their own war stories. I hope that opens up wave of shooters moving back to historic era

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Nearing end game, if not at end game. The concept of King Drasil/Yggdrasil and the Royal Knights is interesting. Yggdrasil because he's basically God of the Digital World, but is a Digimon himself, but he doesn't have "mon" as the suffix of his name. (For those unfamiliar with Digimon, every Digimon has 'mon' at the end of their name.)

Then there's the thirteen Royal Knights, who serve to protect Yggdrasil. (Although in one version they serve Lucemon.) Most of the members I'm fine with, they're all Holy Knight Megas. You have Digimon like Alphamon, Crusadermon, and Jesmon. Then you have Magnamon, Impeldermon Fighter Mode, Omni/Omegamon, and Gallantmon. Both Impeldermon and Omnimon are DNA Digimon (think DBZ Fusion). Which is interesting enough as it is, then there's Gallantmon. His rookie form, Guilmon, was created by a human which the Digital World brought to life. Not only that, but Takato(mon) and Wargrowlmon fuse together to become Gallantmon (at least in Tamers). Then, there's Magnamon, which requires the golden Digi egg of Miracles, and Veemon.

To me, these four, come off as unique Digimon, so it just messes with my brain thinking about all of this.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

F.E.A.R 1

If anyone wants a challenge trying playing F.E.A.R 1 on extreme without using slow-mo at all. I just started and it's brutal.

F.E.A.R 1

If anyone wants a challenge trying playing F.E.A.R 1 on extreme without using slow-mo at all. I just started and it's brutal.

I actually have a playthrough of this on hold. I mismanaged supplies and I'm stuck in a bad spot. :x

OT: Witcher 3. I want to get more into the DLC but I think it had a bad install because the auction house section of Hearts of Stone keeps breaking.

Retired Forum Moderator

I get a bad install of a mod, but of DLC?

OT: Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Fought a difficult boss (first one in a long time, that wasn't optional). Took me like five tries. He has one attack that deals a shit ton of damage, hits all targets, himself included. He usually does an absorb attack, to get most-all of his HP that he lost with that move. 2nd to last attempt, he spammed that move. Final attempt, he tried a "take you with me" tactic, but I survived. Barely.

F.E.A.R 1

I actually have a playthrough of this on hold. I mismanaged supplies and I'm stuck in a bad spot. :x

OT: Witcher 3. I want to get more into the DLC but I think it had a bad install because the auction house section of Hearts of Stone keeps breaking.

may i ask breaking how? As in what is your exact situation?

I've just had more things break/crash for that DLC in particular for some reason. First time in the auction house I was able to walk through the front door when it was closed to find a copy of the quest npc outside. Talking to them teleported me to the other side of the game where my weapons were still gone and I could only walk and not fast travel. Second time the game just shut down completely after I tried talking to someone. No crash report, just a full, clean shutdown. Third time the game actually stopped working with a proper crash when i tried to reload one section.

I finally got through the auction house only to have the autosave function break and stop saving itself as well as lock me out of manual saves making me reload back an hour and do everything over again. I finally got through that but I'm gonna take a bit of a break. -.-

I've never had any of this ever happen in the base game and I've got over 130 hours in that.

Retired Forum Moderator

Witcher 3. Managed to go crash free long enough to complete Hearts of Stone. Starting on Blood and Wine now.

Now I may be wrong here, but I get the sneaking suspicion someone dun goofed.

.eJwNxEESgyAMAMC_8ABC0wiN536EIhOdUcNAPDn9e7uHvd3Vdze71ayNGWDZRtG--GHas1QvqrLX3Lbhix6QzXJZj3raAER-YKKEUwz_QyTAJ78IkWKamCkEjvCun0t8O8V9f737Ibo.nNYYDUsYMvn2FJCmZ7BmXw-4bts

Retired Forum Moderator

Runescape

ilXewXa.png

I'm having quite some luck with my slayer tasks

the name's riley

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Starting to get the plot twists. One I saw a mile ten miles away, another, looking back, yeah the clues where there. With the first one, even though it was very obvious, it was still dark, sad, and just overall wow.

Runescape

I've reached a whole new level of childish for giggling at this

veJrTkK.png

the name's riley