Last Game You Played

GTA 5 Online

Started a gang war. Only killed one guy. The cops killed the rest :D

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

GTA V

Actual legit spoiler alert:

What the fuck is this? :I Blaagghrr... I don't know what to choose. I love all of these characters XD The game is most likely going to pull a; "We're going to make it seem like you have to kill one of these characters but you won't actually." And it'll all be a happy ending or some shit. But even then, I don't know what to choose. XD

gO63Q9R.jpg

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

GTA V

Actual legit spoiler alert:

What the fuck is this? :I Blaagghrr... I don't know what to choose. I love all of these characters XD The game is most likely going to pull a; "We're going to make it seem like you have to kill one of these characters but you won't actually." And it'll all be a happy ending or some shit. But even then, I don't know what to choose. XD

gO63Q9R.jpg

If you want the cannon (or at least what a lot of fans, myself included, consider the cannon) choice pick

C. It wraps up the most compared to the other two.

Also that option is best because you can always replay missions that you've completed (including that one) and pick the other two without having to deal with the consequences.

Dark Souls 1:

I failed to get Priscilla's dagger and killed her. Oh well, It had short range anyway.

Also is there anything I can't kill with the Great Scythe? Ever since I got it I've been practically untouchable.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Dark Souls 1

82P5FL57uiY

WoG is supposed to deflect projectiles so technically it's working as intended, but I don't think From accounted for every projectile in the game

Also those boulders DO crash and land causing the exact same fire in the exact same AOE, it looks pretty silly depending on where you can get it to land

Dark Souls 1:

I failed to get Priscilla's dagger and killed her. Oh well, It had short range anyway.

Also is there anything I can't kill with the Great Scythe? Ever since I got it I've been practically untouchable.

Great Scythe has the benefit of long range and wide reach, but it swings really slowly and uses a lot of stamina

It's also one of the few heavy weapons that scales extremely well with dex

Also TIL reapers aren't their own weapon class in DS1 and the scythe is listed under the halberd class. Huh

the name's riley

Black Mesa

So I was able to bypass the rocket launcher, and helicopter fight.

GTA 5 (single player)

3rd playthrough of the game, doing all Strangers and Freaks. I also think Lamar is aware he's in a video game. In the mission where you're "playing" as Chop and you're chasing D with the van Lamar says something along the lines of "Franklin use your weird Focus ability". I've always considered the Special Abilities to be gameplay & story segregation, so for an NPC to mention it, feels off to me.

Dark Souls 1:

I have discovered the ultimate blend of light and heavy armor, behold Havel Xanthous.

iuvplLS.png

I've equipped Xanthous's hat, gloves, Havel's chest, pants and ring. This allows me to dodge roll like normal but I'm no longer being staggered.

Final Fantasy 15

Just started my adventures, this is going to be a tough game to put down. Very late in the year, but I would have to say this wins my Game Of The Year award, that I'm starting. Now. Like Right Now.

Final Fantasy 15

Just started my adventures, this is going to be a tough game to put down. Very late in the year, but I would have to say this wins my Game Of The Year award, that I'm starting. Now. Like Right Now.

I really wanted to play Final Fantasy 15 since the gameplay looked really good. But I don't own any current gen consoles so I can't.

Dark Souls 1:

I have discovered the ultimate blend of light and heavy armor, behold Havel Xanthous.

iuvplLS.png

I've equipped Xanthous's hat, gloves, Havel's chest, pants and ring. This allows me to dodge roll like normal but I'm no longer being staggered.

That is the absolute silliest thing I have ever seen in my life

You should try giant dad

the name's riley

Dark Souls 1:

iuvplLS.png

That is the absolute silliest thing I have ever seen in my life

You should try giant dad

I had a feeling you'd like it. My Dex build has devolved into kinda doing whatever. I think Dark Souls has melted my brain at this point :P

But in all seriousness it kind of works. No fat rolls and I don't get staggered at all.

Dark Souls 3

This game is so full of questionable design choices it's fucking insane.

Enemies that can chunk half your health in attacks that only last a few frames, a boss that is way too difficult to kill for how formulaic it is, a gank squad that serves no other purpose than to annoy you and gives you jack shit for killing them, enemies that still take advantage of the old poise system because fuck you, and the cherry on top

a disappointingly easy boss whose entire backstory is that he's such a greedy fatass that he literally ate Gwyndolin, my favorite character from the first game

The only redeeming factor of Irithyll is the throwback to Dark Souls 1

the name's riley

Dark Souls 1:

I killed Ornstein and Smough, got the Lordvessel from Big Tits Mcgee and placed it at Firelink shrine.

Now all that's left to do is kill Nito, Seath, Bed of Chaos, the four kings, and finally Gwyn.

I'm feeling somewhat tempted to just jump into straight into Dark Souls 2 as I've had my fill of Dark Souls 1 at this point. I'll take a break for now, But I really really want to move on to Dark Souls 2.

I'm also slightly annoyed that my build isn't as optimized as I would like it to be. For a dex build I dumped way too many points into endurance.

I plan on playing as a Deprived in Dark Souls 2 since I know what I'm doing now.

Dark Souls 1:

I killed Ornstein and Smough, got the Lordvessel from Big Tits Mcgee and placed it at Firelink shrine.

Now all that's left to do is kill Nito, Seath, Bed of Chaos, the four kings, and finally Gwyn.

I'm feeling somewhat tempted to just jump into straight into Dark Souls 2 as I've had my fill of Dark Souls 1 at this point. I'll take a break for now, But I really really want to move on to Dark Souls 2.

I'm also slightly annoyed that my build isn't as optimized as I would like it to be. For a dex build I dumped way too many points into endurance.

I plan on playing as a Deprived in Dark Souls 2 since I know what I'm doing now.

Dark Souls 2 has nothing to do with the first game, has some questionable mechanics and balance choices,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjtaH0OTWk.

If I were you I'd skip over to Dark Souls 3, it's more of a true sequel to Dark Souls 1

the name's riley

I don't have DS3, I'm not really sure what you mean by a true sequel. DS2 looks like DS1 so I'll give it a chance based on that and go from there. If I don't like it I'll just come back to DS1.

I also don't PVP as PVP in Dark Souls in general sounds incredibly finicky. Hit detection that depends on my internet connection rather than when I actually hit ingame? No thanks.

But I've had my fill of DS1's level and monster design. I want something somewhat different and if DS2 provides that with somewhat different mechanics then that's what I'm looking for.

As much as I love DS1 it has it's fair share of dodgy mechanics and too. Like how the statuses were handled in DS1. If you're poisoned you are dead unless you have some means of curing yourself. Being cursed was even worse with your health being cut in half even after you die unless you shell out 8000 souls for the cure.

The fight with Havel is so cheap at so early in the game. You can't screw up once during that fight or he'll one shot you. He should be considered a boss for how deadly he is instead of Pinwheel who goes down in as little as 5 shots. I'm not even sure how Pinwheel's a boss.

And there's also incredibly bullshitty aspects of the level design like the boulder machine in Sen's fortress, the closely-knitted segments of swing axes in Sen's Fortress or the two archers in Anor Londo.

My point is I've had my fair share of bullshit from DS1. If DS2's gonna throw more my way then I'm game. I got through DS1's bullshit so why couldn't I be able to get through DS2's?

Final Fantasy 15

My biggest complaint is the auto drive system. It takes away from the experience, and the immersion. It's a shame that you're locked into it until Chapter 3 (or so I've been told).

On a similar note: Do not go in expecting a GTA here. There's no crashing the car, no offroading (unless you're on foot or riding a Chocobo), the car you get at the start, is the car you end up with at the end.

-Snip-

The difference between DS1 and DS2 is that the first one actually awards the attentive for looking out. All the traps you mentioned can be seen and observed before you have to deal with it, and there isn't an ambush in the game that can't be foiled by a simple peak around a corner before walking. It's a game of patience and persistence. DS2 however, was not designed by the creator of the first and lost a lot in the translation. It WILL throw shit at you that you had no way of discovering without previous knowledge or a note from another player. The enemies aren't designed with a set weakness or counter(or at least effective counter). And to top it all off they completely fucked the controls as the movement snaps to the 4 main 90 degree angles if you move the sticks to within like 10 degrees either side of them and input feels slower and more delayed. In a fit of absolute frustration I rage quit the game and made a comment to kitty about how if I kept every anvil that game dropped on my head I'd have a very impressive collection of anvils because it does that almost every other room.

DS3 was the same designer of the first, and while it got a noticeable pace change, managed to capture the feel of the first one(as well as tone down the unforgiving environmental hazards.)

As for havel, I actually really like that design aspect. He's not intended to be fought so early but the player is given the option to do so should they want to, even going so far as to reward them with an invaluable ring should they succeed.

This game is so full of questionable design choices it's fucking insane.

Enemies that can chunk half your health in attacks that only last a few frames, a boss that is way too difficult to kill for how formulaic it is, a gank squad that serves no other purpose than to annoy you and gives you jack shit for killing them, enemies that still take advantage of the old poise system because fuck you, and the cherry on top

a disappointingly easy boss whose entire backstory is that he's such a greedy fatass that he literally ate Gwyndolin, my favorite character from the first game

The only redeeming factor of Irithyll is the throwback to Dark Souls 1

I know I say this every time but we really did have very different experiences with that game. Maybe it's all the time I spent in Bloodborne, a significantly faster paced game, as well as it being my introduction to the series but I just don't have trouble with fast, hard hitting attacks. I'm more dodge oriented anyways. Hell, my favorite boss is one that a bunch of people hate because of how much trouble they have with him and this was my first try:

63Xxl1yEVCk

Honestly I found the best way to learn bosses in DS3 is to put down your sign and help others with it. Success or not, it's a low-risk way to learn and even helps others in the process.

OT: Path of Exile. Possibly the most dynamic diablo-style game I've ever played. The thing's you can pull off in this game are absolutely insane, and it all revolves around pairing ability gems together. I'm doing a DoT build right now and can stack up damage like crazy. In this game DoT's do little damage on their own but the mechanic for poison is as long as you keep hitting with a poison move, you keep adding stacks of poison. well with a 4 second timer and 2 poison moves that I can use 5 times a second plus random bleed procs, all on top of a curse turned into aura that any enemies near me take 25% more damage and 33% more from DoT's, well, only the healthiest of bosses give me trouble. Mostly because I sacrificed a lot of defence to get this damage so if they don't go down fast enough and happen to bypass a 78% chance to evade and another 40% chance to dodge, I basically get 1 shot.

/wall of text

Retired Forum Moderator