Last Game You Played

On 12/12/2020 at 9:29 PM, Psychotic Ninja said:

Final Fantasy 14

Still in the tutorial phase of the game. Enjoying it very much. However, I do have some delay in combat, which sucks.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

On 12/14/2020 at 11:46 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Not surprising... After all, Activision has been trying to kill the game since they bought Blizzard.

Hardly. 4 good expansions and 3 bad ones came out in sort of an on-off cycle since the merger. The current expansion is good, just flawed in a few really important ways that desperately need to be addressed. It was the same story with Legion, and that one turned out to be one of the best expansions they've made in years.

the name's riley

9 hours ago, Annie said:

Hardly. 4 good expansions and 3 bad ones came out in sort of an on-off cycle since the merger. The current expansion is good, just flawed in a few really important ways that desperately need to be addressed. It was the same story with Legion, and that one turned out to be one of the best expansions they've made in years.

And they're all inferior to WotLK, which was inferior to BC.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

22 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Which was inferior to Frozen Throne 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 12/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, Im_CIA said:

Which was inferior to Frozen Throne 

warcraft 3 is superior to everything

6 hours ago, KingLich said:

warcraft 3 is superior to everything

Except for Homeworld (1999 version, not remastered)

On 12/19/2020 at 10:28 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Inferior in terms of what? And worth keeping in mind that wrath WAS one of those expansions I was talking about.

the name's riley

On 12/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Annie said:

Inferior in terms of what?

Fun inducement.

On 12/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Annie said:

And worth keeping in mind that wrath WAS one of those expansions I was talking about.

Must've miscounted then. I stopped playing during Cata, then came back for a couple months of free time during BfA.

13 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Fun inducement.

Must've miscounted then. I stopped playing during Cata, then came back for a couple months of free time during BfA.

You don't really have much to go by then. You can't really say current WoW is inferior in terms of how fun it is if your only experience with it is one really bad expansion and one really mediocre expansion.

Shadowlands feels like a reiteration of what made legion great minus a lot of the progression issues like random legendaries and titanforging. You can craft your legendaries now and you can very clearly understand what kind of gear you're going to get from where, progression in Legion was fun but progression in Shadowlands feels almost as good as it did in Wrath and BC.

the name's riley

8 hours ago, Annie said:

-snip-

Meh. I'm still not giving that company any money until they stop being a shit company.

On topic: Stellaris with the mod "Star Trek: New Horizons". Not only is it a decent successor to Birth of the Federation, it even has a map layout specifically to honor it. (480 stars in a rectangular array on a square grid, standard BotF starting locations)

Sadly, the game crashed after only a couple hours. (I had just finished the Xindi quest to get my first flagship)

14 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Meh. I'm still not giving that company any money until they stop being a shit company.

On topic: Stellaris with the mod "Star Trek: New Horizons". Not only is it a decent successor to Birth of the Federation, it even has a map layout specifically to honor it. (480 stars in a rectangular array on a square grid, standard BotF starting locations)

Sadly, the game crashed after only a couple hours. (I had just finished the Xindi quest to get my first flagship)

I keep thinking that everyone is talking about pic related 

Stellarium_Splash.png

5 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

I keep thinking that everyone is talking about pic related 

Stellarium_Splash.png

Nice software... FOSS astronomy is always something I enjoy. :) (the controls kinda suck though, but that's par for the course with Linux software)

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

I just reached the first ending of The Witness. I wasn't as disappointed as most people seem to be with the game, and I actually liked most of the puzzles, as well as how the island is very good for exploration and has its biomes transition into each other seamlessly despite the limited size - I'm probaly going to revisit it as a lesson in open world design - and I particularly liked how a few meters of mountin trail really do feel like those I can find in my area. I was, however, very disappointed when I learned that the explanation for all the mysterious things I found around the island broke the fourth wall; they painted an intresting picture which I would have liked to fill in.

1 hour ago, StrixLiterata said:

I just reached the first ending of The Witness. I wasn't as disappointed as most people seem to be with the game, and I actually liked most of the puzzles, as well as how the island is very good for exploration and has its biomes transition into each other seamlessly despite the limited size - I'm probaly going to revisit it as a lesson in open world design - and I particularly liked how a few meters of mountin trail really do feel like those I can find in my area. I was, however, very disappointed when I learned that the explanation for all the mysterious things I found around the island broke the fourth wall; they painted an intresting picture which I would have liked to fill in.

did you wait the ~50 minutes of holding the cursor for the last movie puzzle?

Burn the World!

The Long Dark. It was alright, but it left a lot to be desired.