Last Game You Played

Valheim.

Making a paved road to connect all our bases across multiple islands, including a few bridges. I've made it 1/3rd of the way from the rest of our bases to the trader portal "base", and I've already crossed 2 islands. I have one more major waterway to cross, but I'm planning on doing that high enough up that it won't interfere with boats. (that passage cuts 15+ min off boat trips because the islands are so big)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance finally released last night.

The game as a whole feels way more polished now. I only managed to get to the new final boss (well, "final", because we know how this game is) once with Azazel, and still died. The new floors, enemies and bosses are all great, though. I'm looking forward to discovering what the rest of the game holds.

Not happy with mod support currently being disabled, though. I get not wanting people to cheat, but I used to be able to hold the right stick button to restart whenever I wanted, a feature previously only for keyboard players for some reason. Now I have to back out into the menu to do it. I don't know how to unlock it again.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

No Man's Sky

Not too bad, but it keeps either starting me on a hell planet, or crashing before a save. I've taken to using a trainer to survive long enough to get off-planet in singleplayer games now.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:51 PM, BTGBullseye said:

No Man's Sky

Not too bad, but it keeps either starting me on a hell planet, or crashing before a save. I've taken to using a trainer to survive long enough to get off-planet in singleplayer games now.

Note that when I say a "hell planet", I don't mean "oh it's toxic, or hot", I mean it's an extreme planet. The first one was a resourceless supercritical extreme planet, which meant that without a terrain manipulator, I was dead before I could get to a cave or my ship. Second was similar, except cold with toxic thunderstorms.

I tried Wizard of Legend. I didn't like it at all. Let's just say that it's a fast-paced twin stick shooter, but your spells have cooldown timers

On 4/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, kerdios said:

can you reduce the difficulty setting?

Yes, but only when you start the character. The starting planet you get is always pure RNG on the rim of the first galaxy, (there are 255 galaxies, each the size of the real life Milky Way) no matter the difficulty. Don't try permadeath unless you know the intricate details of the game, and don't get attached to anything on that save. The expeditions are well worth it though, since they reward you with account unlocks. (like a starship you can repeatedly reclaim and scrap until you have enough upgrades and money to max out storage/engines/shields/thrusters/etc. on a dozen ships)

On topic: Space Engineers. I just finished the tutorial, but my PC is acting wonky so I'm going to wait until after sleep time before I try to do anything serious in it.

Battletech with the Roguetech mod.

have been playing mass effect: legendary edition. it's a fun time, but i'd recommend waiting for a sale, especially if you already own the original games. or, if through some stroke of luck the updated versions are released separately at some point, grab ME1 specifically

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Subnautica Below Zero.

The first few minutes of it feel the same as Subnautica did, though with actual land stuff instead of just ocean.

After a decade of picking it up and putting it down, I finally finished Majora's Mask 100% last night. What a wild ride, there's never gonna be another Zelda game like it, and that sucks.

"my Lord! A grorious victory will soon be yours!"

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Company Of Heroes 2

The Ardennes Assault DLC is worth every penny I didn't pay for it. If I had known it had a large strategic map to choose which enemy groups to engage and with what forces, I'd've bought it back when it first released.

Quake 2

Also this is indisputable proof that Quake 2 is superior to Quake 1

1623717963916.jpg

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 6/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, Im_CIA said:

Also this is indisputable proof that Quake 2 is superior to Quake 1

What is she on about?

On topic: Battletech with the Roguetech mod.