Last Game You Played

Sunless Skies. I still like the combat and visuals, but I'm falling to the "keepit for later" syndrome, which is especially bad beause my current objective is amassing money

Starcraft 2

Since it's free to play for the entire WoL campaign, and almost all of the multiplayer stuff, I'm able to get a friend to play with me in coop. We haven't lost since the first mission we played.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Homeworld 1999, not remaster crap

Yep, still the best there ever was

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Starcraft 2 again.

Coop is quite fun, and I still loathe with a hatred that burns with the power of a million black holes any form of PvP in RTS games.

Finally started Hades, put in three hours tonight. I see the appeal.

I mean, it's kind of the same appeal as Bastion, which is already one of my favorite games ever, so it's not really a surprise, but still, it's really good.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

Still doing SC2.

Found out that I somehow had the Zeratul commander "purchased", but I never paid for it... Weird, but I'm not complaining.

Star Trek Online.

Getting the free T6 ship for doing something once every day for 30 days. I already have the T5 version, but this is nicer.

Just finished Orion Burger, and it's the first game  I've seen that doesn't force the credits down your throat when you finish the game, which I greatly appreciate.

Additionally it's quite a nice adventure game.

Burn the World!

I've been playing Amnesia: Rebirth recently. I haven't gotten far enough into it yet to determine whether I like it or not but it does one thing that's a major pet peeve of mine: non-English character has an inner monologue or is talking to other non-English characters, not in their native language but in English with an accent (and not a very convincing one either). Either hire a French actress to voice your French main character in French and add subtitles, or just don't bother at all and have your obvious British actress talk in her regular accent. This just breaks the immersion for me.

It turns out Hades is kind of a grindy game, and wears on me in a way that other rougelikes like Binding of Isaac didn't? It's way shorter, but I keep finding myself happy to die in this game, because the stuff happening in the House of Hades is way more interesting than the actual gameplay.

Cruelty Squad
immagine.thumb.png.43aa2cef8564a6c4ff2234070301b00c.png

I've put 31 hours into this Immersive Sim FPS before I was phisically able to think about anything else, and they were the best hours 13 euros could buy. Much is made about this game being difficult, but as long as you explore carefully and get the drop on enemies yuo're going to be fine; tense is what this game is, because what few health pick-ups are in any level are scattered, often secreted away, and never unguarded, and enemies can take big chunks of your health if they get the drop on you. Plus every level is filled with secrets in the form of alternate routes, augmentations, weapons and lore, or even other secret levels. I sincerely hope SoftConsumer Products makes more games, because this is a diamond with an eye-injuring but skillful cut.

I just played a bit of Sea of Thieves. Kinda awkward, I've got to say, but it's intresting how it forces each memeber of the crew to do multiple jobs at a time during battles

I've started playing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. I had tons of fun at the start, but I've hit a wall once I started to fight the ffffUCKING ELDAR

On 7/9/2021 at 8:44 AM, StrixLiterata said:

I've started playing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2. I had tons of fun at the start, but I've hit a wall once I started to fight the ffffUCKING ELDAR

You need a better battering ram then... Just paint it red with yellow stripes.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:26 AM, BTGBullseye said:

You need a better battering ram then... Just paint it red with yellow stripes.

I've since passed that wall, but this game just makes me so mad.
Every battle takes about an hour and I have to constantly micro everything and still there will always be that battlebarge that goes ahead of everyone and gets itself obliterated!
I just wish I could actually use the strategic layer to make battles easier for mysef instead of it only bringing resource scarcity and time limits

I spent nearly ten hours straight playing Dark Souls 2 with my friend Matt on sunday. I think I may be damaging other parts of my life

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)