Last Game You Played

OK, here are the games I'm going through right now:

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Doing all the achievements. I already did the one where to take the garden gnome all the way to the end once, but I hadn't bought the game at the time, so I'm doing it again.

Dragon Age: Origins´

My 3rd playthrough. Have done the Male Human Noble origin (epic), the Male City Elf origin (holy crap awesome), the Male Dalish Elf (sucked orangutan's ass, gave up on that one), and now finally, the Male Dwarf Noble origin. Sweet. But I fucking forgot the orgy! Why!!!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Bought the complete collection (GTA IV + EFLC) for a really low price on steam a while ago. I'm enjoying it.

Magicka

Awesome. Very hard game, specially if you play alone, but I play with my brother in co-op mode. It's very cool, you have all kinds of magic powers and you can combine them in many different ways and see what happens. I already mastered the way of choosing the opposite of my brother's current power so that it causes an explosion, causing extra damage But God damn, is it hard. There was this one boss battle where it took us 3 days to beat him... We're almost at the final chapter, I'm guessing it's gonna be very, very hard.

For both that "creature firing the homing organic bombs" and the wailing monstrosities growing out of the walls, shoot Javelins into the center and use the alternative fire. The electrocution will take it out pretty quickly, and if you've upgraded the Javelin gun to have the explosion after the electricity, it'll do even better. On survivalist difficulty, those things took 4 or 5 javelin ammo, tops.

Another fun trick: When you've got a bunch of the kids running at you, shoot a javelin on the ground and electrify it. The moment one of the kids gets inside the radius, it'll die in an instant.

Good survival tactic: If you pop one of the creatures filled with the crawly insect things, immediately use alternative fire on the Javelin when the critters come out. It'll kill all of them in one blow.

You know, I never actually understood how the javelin alt fire works. I thought it would only fry the necromorph which has the javelin stuck in it. I'll need to practice a lot more with this weapon now that you've revealed one of the holy grails of ammo efficiency to me.

I find it a bit odd how alt fire magically uses a second javelin though, maybe just one of the countless bugs in the PC version?

For Both Dead Space games the cutter will perform just about anything you need. I almost never touched the rest of the arsenal in the first game just because of how good the cutter was.

Just because a weapon is good doesn't mean other weapons can not be better. A non-upgraded force gun can take out uncle Wally with one or two force grenades, where these guys are normally big ammo sponges, the pulse gun is a major beast once upgraded to 8+ damage, the ripper is arguably the most ammo efficient weapon in either game, etc.

The only problem I find with multi-weapon setups is how unevenly you get ammo for them. My favourite weapon, pulse gun, gets less ammo than the javelin gun or the cutter. I have put several cutter ammo and javelin ammo stacks into the store because of this.

Mass Effect 2, Legend of Dragoon, Half Life: Source, and I'm building myself up to play through another Assassins Creed 2 playthrough before Assassins Creed: Brotherhood comes out (for pc).

Sadly my internet quality took a huge hit after I moved, and now my l4d2 gaming has been shot down massively.

Mass Effect 2, Legend of Dragoon, Half Life: Source, and I'm building myself up to play through another Assassins Creed 2 playthrough before Assassins Creed: Brotherhood comes out (for pc).

Sadly my internet quality took a huge hit after I moved, and now my l4d2 gaming has been shot down massively.

Sorry to hear that.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Lately, I've been playing the hell out of Borderlands. After reaching the level cap myself, and playing through the DLCs, I find myself playing along with lower level friends, knocking out as many challenges and achievements my little OCD heart can take. It can get a little mundane sometimes, but it probably helps that I never sleep and find everything amusing after 1am (especially when playing with friends).

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

Lately, I've been playing the hell out of Borderlands. After reaching the level cap myself, and playing through the DLCs, I find myself playing along with lower level friends, knocking out as many challenges and achievements my little OCD heart can take. It can get a little mundane sometimes, but it probably helps that I never sleep and find everything amusing after 1am (especially when playing with friends).

I'm doing the same with Fallout 3...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm doing the same with Fallout 3...

Ahhhh, so is my ex boyfriend. He played it for a couple weeks straight after he bought it.

The glass is never half empty because I drink out of the carton.

tf2 but only mods like zf ph or db

killzone 3 but i wish i wasnt, anyone who was a fan of kz2 or 1 would know how much of a letdown this game is

nhl 10

I'm now playing Legend of Dragoon on a PS1 emulator... Fun game, much better than the Final Fantasy series.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just preordered AC:B through Steam, hopefully it'll be good when it releases in 11 days...

I just preordered AC:B through Steam, hopefully it'll be good when it releases in 11 days...

I take it you're a bit hyped about it then?

Not really, I just figured with the way game pricing is, (staying the same price for 2-3 years running) I'll be getting a better deal by preordering for $10 off, and getting the Digital Deluxe Edition free.

I'm hyped about DX:HR though, and when they have a definite release date I'll think about preordering. (their preorder packs are too weird right now)

*AC:B is the first game I've ever preordered, and the only one that I will have within 6 months of it's release*