Red VS. Blue

Sign in to follow this  

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here.

This is one of my favorite Machinimas after Ross' work. Yes, its humor isn't always "High-grade" and has a lot of cheap jokes. But there were some genuinely funny moments. And the later seasons actually had a somewhat interesting plot.

The voice actors do a good job in giving the characters distinct personalities, however crazy or stupid their personalities are.

Anyway, i'd like you guys' opinion on the series.

I've mentioned this before

like Red vs Blue. I still think the RvB can be funny but the first episodes were more devoted to actual comedy and weren't clogged with pure storyline.

But to be more in depth: I liked it at first even though the storyline was really cheesy (ghosts, robot bodies, time travel?) the Halo style comedy made up for that. But later I think a lack of good ideas required that more characters be brought into the story, and that just used up more time. In the end I think RvB simply ran dry of actual Halo humor a while ago and has been sort of running on comedy that takes place in between the characters.

I liked the Blood Gulch Chronicles (season 1 - 5)

and I even liked Reconstruction (season 6).

The rest of it was meh to me, although the new effects in the latest season were pretty badass.

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

I like the whole show so far, but I do miss the charm of two teams of useless idiots holding a staring match across a canyon in the backwater of the universe for no reason. I guess that couldn't have gone on forever. The Season 9 stuff looks good, with the CG being much improved over that really obvious CG they had before.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

When it got super serious I stopped watching. I'm sorry, but you can't build up these funny characters and just make us magically take them seriously. It's like if on Seinfeld a character got cancer and it all got super serious and you didn't want to watch because it is just too weird and uncomfortable.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

When it got super serious I stopped watching. I'm sorry, but you can't build up these funny characters and just make us magically take them seriously. It's like if on Seinfeld a character got cancer and it all got super serious and you didn't want to watch because it is just too weird and uncomfortable.

Exactly, good metaphor lol. Although, I'm still watching it though out of curiosity.

Is it bad that I actually like the cheesy plots?

:lol: Not really. I just don't like them because I'm obsessed with scientific accuracy :geek:

If you wanted scientific accuracy i think you are watching the wrong series.

Is it bad that I actually like the cheesy plots?

:lol: Not really. I just don't like them because I'm obsessed with scientific accuracy :geek:

If you wanted scientific accuracy i think you are watching the wrong series.

Yeah, that quickly became apparent after Simmons revived Sarge with CPR after he had been shot in the head :P . But the earlier inaccuracies seemed purposeful, later they seemed desperate.

I enjoyed it all. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Anybody keeping up with the newest season (which is at about episode 4 as of right now)?

I'm watching the newest season and I have to say that Red vs. Blue has entered the Uncanny Valley. I can clearly see their faces and they look very human, but not human enough. This freaks me out.

It is alittle different, I'd have to say though that as long as they don't show the faces of the regular cast of the Blood Gulch Chronicles I'll be happy. I just don't think I want to see what they actually look like under the armor.

It is alittle different, I'd have to say though that as long as they don't show the faces of the regular cast of the Blood Gulch Chronicles I'll be happy. I just don't think I want to see what they actually look like under the armor.

Actually, only new characters will be taking their helmets off. Main character's faces will remain mysterious. :D

The stylization of Monty Oum certainly shows through in that big portal battle with Tex.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.