174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Because...I guess an anthro version show is necessary? I guess? I mean why not?

Seriously, though, those designs are okay, I guess, but nothing better than I've seen on Deviantart. Why is this being made again?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Because...I guess an anthro version show is necessary? I guess? I mean why not?

Seriously, though, those designs are okay, I guess, but nothing better than I've seen on Deviantart. Why is this being made again?

3. PROFIT!

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I haven't been away long enough.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

*incoming shitstorm*

Hasbro2-superJumbo.jpg

WAIT UP, THERE.

What's going on here, if someone wouldn't mind explaining it to me.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Apparently, Hasbro has decided to make a new anthro TV show called Equestria Girls. Because they're dumb stupidheads who can't understand a good thing when they have it and have decided to proceed with Operation: Make Everything Suck.

Also I just noticed but, why are they all wearing skirts? Especially AJ.

Also I just noticed but, why are they all wearing skirts? Especially AJ.

And speaking of which, out of all of them, why is RD (the pony version) the one who's bucking, rather than AJ?

And speaking of which, what's really the problem? It's going to be a spin off, right? So the main series will be unharmed, right? So what's the problem?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The problem is executive meddling. That does bad things to good shows. If MLP suffers a lot of that, which it seems to be doing atm, then shit like this will become a cancer that basically ruins the whole thing.

Well I'm not going to judge them, I'm not pointing fingers at them. They brought Alicorn Twilight, people hated them, and look what happened, it all worked out in the end. It's the same as Heath Ledger as Joker, and Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, hell it's the same with any change. Something changes, something people are used to, and they go batshit crazy over it, again I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm talking in general. If you lash out at me because I said "people go batshit crazy over change" that's your own fault. Now I'll admit, I'm not all that crazy over Equestria Girls, but hey, when I first heard of grown men liking My Little Pony, I wasn't too crazy about that either.

Difference with Heath Ledger and Andrew Garfield, those were necessary changes because casting the old actors from the old movies just wouldn't make any sense at all, plus it was all to try to make the best movie as possible. (Whether they succeeded or not is a matter of opinion) But, like Twilight pointed out, this isn't as simple as hiring new actors. This is executives fucking with shit they shouldn't be to make money that they will inevitably lose because they're ruining everything.

Honestly, I was cool with Alicorn Twilight. What I'm not cool with was their progressive fucking in the ass of Lauren Faust to the point that she no longer even works on the show anymore, along with their reasoning for things like Twilight being an alicorn. They did that purely to make toys even though they could've done it anyway, regardless. On top of all THAT, they've decided to do this cease and desist bullshit like they did with Fighting is Magic. It doesn't make me any more hopeful for what they'll do with season 4.

ADHD version: Hasbro sucks.

So Hasbro has made a few bad decisions, that doesn't mean they're ruining everything. Every company makes bad decisions, some more than others, and some even learn from their mistakes. Now again Hasbro has made some bad decisions, but they've also made some good ones, like giving Lauren the creativity she had in the first season. E.G. isn't out yet, and people are already saying it sucks, and it'll ruin everything. It's a gamble, it's an experiment, does Hasbro have Bronies in mind with this gamble? Who knows, my guess is they don't, my guess is they have female preteens and younger in mind, something they intended with FiM.

Edit: This does a better job at explaining my views on the subject:

hDF38AC7F

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Valid argument, but as Pinkie said, Hasbro is still a large throbbing member full of evil semen that mean to destroy all our hopes and dreams without even realizing it.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time