174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

So recently we had an MLPforums 2nd anniversary TF2 party (Epsilon decided to join in)

SxiDLc0g1Ss

Happy 2nd birthday to them

the name's riley

I made a montage using mlp music. I guess that counts...

mfjAhB6mbc8

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Alrighty then, I'll just leave this here.

princess_luna_by_lelittleluna-d5eq9wv.png

Alrighty then, I'll just leave this here.

princess_luna_by_lelittleluna-d5eq9wv.png

Ooh, are we planning on killing Whooves again?

Of course not, that would be wrong.

a_wonderful_night_by_pridark-d6b4ydq.png

NO NOOO! I just came back! Noooo... Ummm nothing is happening. I. I think I'm immune to luna now. Odd.... Got any zacora?

non-euclidean fuck machine

There's just so much wrong with this video, no offense.

I mean, I may not be a video making virtuoso (with my instrumental pendulum music slapped on to a few recordings), but...

MLP music isn't really appropriate for that kinda video

The clips seem to drag on forever

All or most of the clips are recorded in a harvest pub

There's little to no actual editing, other than some clips being awkwardly sped up

Most of the kills aren't necessarily montage material

the name's riley

I mean, I may not be a video making virtuoso (with my instrumental pendulum music slapped on to a few recordings), but...

There's little to no actual editing, other than some clips being awkwardly sped up

Read the description before you tear my fucking heart out.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Read the description before you tear my fucking heart out.

I SAID NO OFFENSE THO

the name's riley

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-mylittlepony-discrimination-rights-20131004,0,409190.story

I can get behind this, to be honest. The guy didn't do anything wrong but I can totally understand why people who be weirded out by him. First of all, you're a father in your 30's and your desktop background at work is of Applejack. I don't know, you'd just think he'd take into consideration how other people would take that in a workplace. And then he compliments a little girl on her MLP shirt during 'Take Your Daughter to Work' day, it makes absolute sense to me that his boss would call him in. EDIT: Apparently it was his boss' daughter, too.

I get it on both sides. The guy is completely innocent, but I don't think even he grasps the situation here. This isn't like defending your right to watch the show on an internet forum, this is a situation where people are outing you as some kind of creepy pedophile. I think it's time to take a step back at that point. I think it's completely unfair how people can fire you just based on your appearance or preferences in entertainment, but I totally get why this guy was fired for this. And the fact that he doesn't seem to understand it himself just proves how out of it some fans really are. There's being unashamed of watching something that you think is entertaining, then there's being proud about it like you're some kind of goddamn pony supremacist.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I don't think so. There is zero evidence that he was acting like a creepy pedophile. Same with being a pony supremacist. Look at it like this: Remove everything related to My Little Pony, and replace it with things related to Batman. The 30 year old is a fan of Batman, his desktop background is of the Joker, the daughter's t-shirt has Batgirl on it. Everything else? The same. There is nothing wrong here, except for him being fired for being a fan of something and expressing it, which many people do. It's not like he touched her inappropriately.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I don't think so. There is zero evidence that he was acting like a creepy pedophile. Same with being a pony supremacist. Look at it like this: Remove everything related to My Little Pony, and replace it with things related to Batman. The 30 year old is a fan of Batman, his desktop background is of the Joker, the daughter's t-shirt has Batgirl on it. Everything else? The same. There is nothing wrong here, except for him being fired for being a fan of something and expressing it, which many people do. It's not like he touched her inappropriately.
It was a misunderstanding, I'm not arguing that point. There was no concrete evidence about anything of the sort, it was just his actions that bothered his boss. You do have to understand that MLP isn't as 'socially acceptable' or however you want to say it than superheroes. To the average joe's eye, it makes more sense for a man in his 30's to enjoy Batman than Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Even bronies have to acknowledge that. So, yes, I can completely understand how his boss might be a little freaked out when he sees his (from his POV) grown-ass man subordinate looking at things designed for little girls and commenting on a little girl's clothing where it features ponies.

I wouldn't even be as outspoken about this as I am if the guy showed even a modicum of thought about the entire thing. Instead, he turned to the internet and ranted about how they're infringing on his rights.

That still shouldn't give him the boss the right to fire the guy, especially since the times when he mentioned MLP were few and far between. It's not like he shoved it in anyone's face, or (as mentioned earlier) touched the little girl or anything like that, he made a couple of passing remarks when it was conversationally appropriate and put a completely SFW picture on his OWN desktop, where he had the right to make it what he wanted.

There's also the fact that he (according to the vibe I get from this rant) was never able to defend himself in any way.

Here's the actual story I just now bothered to link:

According to the article, the boss told him to cut it out before he did. I don't know all what exactly the guy did in-between. Perhaps he did change the background, stop mentioning MLP, etc. but they fired him, anyway just because they were weirded out by him. That's not really fair, but that's probably what happened. I don't agree with their decision, but I do understand why the boss would freak out at that. He probably thought the brony was a weirdo anyway, and when he saw him singling out his daughter and complimenting her it sent him over the edge. I can understand that.

It was a misunderstanding, but I still stand by the fact that the guy should have known better. I don't know why he'd think no one would see his background, anyway. It's a cubicle, people walk by those in the office all the time. Of course they'd see it.

Bah, I'm overthinking it. Here's some babby Princessees:

11314__safe_princess-celestia_princess-luna_animated_filly_foal_cute_woona_artist-jdan-s_cutelestia_silly.gif

So, TS got me into this fic and this is one of the only MLP fics I've actually wanted to continue reading, so that should hint to something there. It's called 'My Little Glados' and the title speaks for itself. Any fan of Half-Life and Portal (So basically, all of us) should get a real kick out of it.

Enjoy. Or don't. But you should probably.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/43513/1/my-little-glados/iron-grip

I SAID NO OFFENSE THO

Af-Id_fuXFA

The video was for no reason meant to be serious or displaying of any skill. The thumbnail alone should tell you that. The music was not picked BECAUSE it was pony music, only because it was fast paced as fuck and accompanied the 1.5x speed video very well.

You really should read the description before making comments like that, because you could have easily avoided offending me like that.

If you wanted me to read the description, you probably should have linked it instead of embedding it.

Also, it's not offensive if I say no offense. D

the name's riley