174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

I'll never understand why Hasbro went with their coats being the skin color. It's really fucking creepy.

So how's the show these days? I haven't kept up with the show itself since the end of season 2.

Season 3 was complete garbage, season 4 was pretty good from what I've seen of it but I kinda stopped keeping up with it.

For me the show became a lot less enjoyable when Lauren Faust left the crew and the fandom in general really fell apart after season 2. At that point most of the old breed that showed up during season 1 had left though from what I've seen Madmax, Pacce, and Squeaks are still kicking.

I know there's a fifth season on it's way. Any idea on how many more are confirmed? I stopped following EqD once the shit they spewed daily became really unbearable.

Season 3 was a bit awkward for me but what I've seen of season 4 kinda made up for it. I still feel they kinda over-amplified their personalities which impacted how real they felt as a character but it wasn't TOO bad.

Retired Forum Moderator

For me, personally, it's like pizza. Even a bad season (or episode) is still good. So I'm more than likely going to stick around until the end, and rewatch here and there.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

For me, personally, it's like pizza. Even a bad season (or episode) is still good. So I'm more than likely going to stick around until the end, and rewatch here and there.

But that pizza has nasty greasy runoff that you wish would stop but it just keeps pooling until it starts flooding out of the box and onto all of your carpet and cat. Then your cat gets really annoyed with you and asks why aren't you closing the box and not changing it's litter.

Or at least that's how I see the fandom anyway.

I'll never understand why Hasbro went with their coats being the skin color. It's really fucking creepy.

So how's the show these days? I haven't kept up with the show itself since the end of season 2.

Season 3 was complete garbage, season 4 was pretty good from what I've seen of it but I kinda stopped keeping up with it.

For me the show became a lot less enjoyable when Lauren Faust left the crew and the fandom in general really fell apart after season 2. At that point most of the old breed that showed up during season 1 had left though from what I've seen Madmax, Pacce, and Squeaks are still kicking.

I know there's a fifth season on it's way. Any idea on how many more are confirmed? I stopped following EqD once the shit they spewed daily became really unbearable.

Lauren was gone before the Season 1 finale aired, you know.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Lauren was gone before the Season 1 finale aired, you know.

I know, I meant that she at least worked on all of season 1. After that I started losing interest in the show.

I may have worded my statement wrong. I didn't mean to imply she left after season 2, only that the fandom as I knew it changed into something completely different by season 3.

To my knowledge she still had some involvement in season 2 if not more than a consultant of sorts. Season 3 and 4 I believe she had no involvement at all. I like to think of it as season 3 being harder for them since the one responsible for the shows success in the first place was no longer around and season 4 being them starting to learn from some of season 3's mistakes. My thoughts though. Like many things I could be wrong about this. :P

I'm actually curious now about what Faust is up to these days work wise.

Retired Forum Moderator

From what I understand, Discovery bought Hub network, it's now Discovery Family. Some of the lineup (including MLP) is still there, just earlier. Most of the time now it's one show (multiple episodes) everyday. The show(s)? So educationally entertaining, one would rather listen to a billionaire talk about finances, and different ways to save, (for hours every day) with the target audience being kids.

From what I understand, Discovery bought Hub network...

It has always been under Discovery, it used to be called Discovery Kids for over a decade until Hasbro formed a joint venture with them in 2009 and would be known as The Hub as soon as everyone's favorite Cartoon Horse Program aired.

I remember reading about this back in the infant days of EqD.

Alright, so I got the "how Hub became Discovery Family" wrong, but, the rest of the information is still true.

Well in my continued trend of showing up late to parties, I finally watched the Equestria girls movies. And once again I feel like everyone blows everything out of proportion. I saw so many people talking about how bad they thought it was yet I enjoyed both. The music in the second one was exceptional.

Retired Forum Moderator

Aaaaaaand time for this thread to go back to sleep for a month (or two)...

479 pages later and only now we start losing things to talk about? I'd say it's lasted a lot longer than just about every subject based thread I've ever seen.

Guess I'll just go back to watching more ponies. Last thing I want to do this moment is focus on anything game design related. Is this what "burnt out" feels like?

Retired Forum Moderator

After watching episode 4-13, I now can't help but picture rarity is like Moxxi from borderlands except she's high class playing a southerner and not making sexual innuendo at every opportunity.

MGekQJ-IR5g

Edit: Episode 14; what the fuck O_o

Retired Forum Moderator