174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Feedback on the movie seems to be mostly positive so far both with the target audience and bronies. From what little I've seen in small youtube clips, it looks alright, aside from the music not being my taste. The final thirteen minutes were pretty cool, as well.

I read about all the issues moms had with the designs, and it's moronic. Maybe don't expect television to raise your kids for you? It's not Hasbro's fault if somehuman's kid is too stupid to realize that they don't need to look like the big-headed candy-colored cartoon people that aren't real.

and if the obvious forced romance will impede in my entertainment too much.

As I suspected, it wound up having a very small presence in the movie. The subplot was insignificant enough to be believable.

Yeah the romance thing was less of a subplot and more of a, "let's bump into each other a lot and have an iota of chemistry, just enough to make the both of us ally with each other."

Personally I'm fine with a romance plot here or there, but even so there really wasn't much to that part of it. Though I'm still a bit odded out that Twi starts crushing on him even though he's human. Maybe since Equestria has so many races they're not so biased against xenophilia? I don't know...

My theory has always been that the ponies are just descended from a line of mutated humans anyway. How else do you explain their bowling alleys, furniture, tools, and all of the other innovations in that world still clearly being designed for human usage even though there aren't any? Maybe it's like Adventure Time in that it's secretly Earth's future after a global war fought with radiation and chaotic magic.

I always just theorized that they were imported from other lands where creatures with hands and claws are more prominent, and to reverse engineer stuff back into pony-only use would take too much effort.

I'm afraid of going to mylittlebrony due to potential spoilers. I'm still searching for a site that'll allow me to watch it fully for free.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I'm still searching for a site that'll allow me to watch it fully for free.

Be careful, lot of bad stuff out there. I'm starting to think nobody who went to the screenings was able to record the whole thing, it hasn't popped up anywhere to my knowledge.

I'm still searching for a site that'll allow me to watch it fully for free.

Be careful, lot of bad stuff out there. I'm starting to think nobody who went to the screenings was able to record the whole thing, it hasn't popped up anywhere to my knowledge.

4chan /mlp/ the hole thing has been recorded, just go there and look around, you'll find it. But be carful, here there be monsters.

Or better yet I found it for you. The quality is as repulsive as the movie it's self

PART 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq4n6gepcO8

PART 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KhoGNTKPRs

PART 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MoIOsJnWIM

PART 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrRASXS180

Derpy eating a muffin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ93YB6sJAU

non-euclidean fuck machine

Thanks, don't agree that it's repulsive though.

EDIT: The quality is pretty bad though haha. Anyone know when this thing is supposed to drop on iTunes?

Whooves, give it a rest, you just want to find anything to hate on it, when it was good. Also, human Pinkie looks really hot with her hair flat.

Whooves, give it a rest, you just want to find anything to hate on it, when it was good. Also, human Pinkie looks really hot with her hair flat.

Wait you thought it was... Good? WHAT! Ok I won't yell about all the manny ways it is flaws and why it is insulting. What I will tell you is what we could have had.

Before Lauren Faust left the show she had some ideas, one of them being Viking Caribou. Ponyfide Noris gods/Heroes/monsters. The plot of the story involving them is that Loki has escaped his prison in the earths core and Odin needs Celestea and Luna's help. Celest brings the main 6, Spike and the elements of harmony to help. There would be a big battle at the end Loki fighting the other gods as the main 6 try to help, it is not looking good and all seams lost, but spike after being knocked down looks desperately for something to defend him self with grabs an odd looking hammer half berried in the ground, yes that's Thor's hammer and spike goes all hammer time on loki's sorry plot.

We could have had that! But instead we get a poorly written poorly executed cluster fuck of fan pandering and cringe worthy moments.

Well I'm about 18 minutes in, and it's pretty much on the same level as a normal episode of the show in terms of quality. Unless it takes a massive nosedive from this point on I don't see why someone who likes the show wouldn't like this. And a story that wasn't told isn't really relevant to the quality of the story that was told. If this were supposed to be a story about Viking caribou, then it would have been a bad movie because there were none, but that was never the plan.

Well I'm about 18 minutes in, and it's pretty much on the same level as a normal episode of the show in terms of quality. Unless it takes a massive nosedive from this point on I don't see why someone who likes the show wouldn't like this. And a story that wasn't told isn't really relevant to the quality of the story that was told. If this were supposed to be a story about Viking caribou, then it would have been a bad movie because there were none, but that was never the plan.

Reasons why this movie is bad

Humans

Sunset shimmer

Forced love interest

Rushed intro

New unexplained magical thing that was never mentioned tell now

Almost everyone out of character

Spike is a dog

The list goes on and on

Not one of those things is a reason why the movie is bad. Also that's pretty much what everyone was saying would be bad about the movie before anyone actually saw it, which in a way tells me what I need to know. Who cares if they're human? It's an alternate reality. Sunset Shimmer so far seems like a total psychopath, and pretty decent as an antagonist. I read the summary of the love interest angle before I saw the movie, and there basically isn't one. If the two of them had actually started dating or something I'd agree, but nothing like that happens, and we already know the character won't be in season 4. Intro wasn't rushed, it was pretty much exactly as long as it needed to be. The "magical things" in the show are never mentioned until they are, the addition of one more isn't somehow worse than the addition of all the others. So far not a single character is acting out of character, they're all pretty much exactly the same. See my earlier point about humans with regards to Spike, who cares if he's a dog? Like I said, so far this is pretty much like any episode in terms of quality.

EDIT: Half hour in, still waiting for that nosedive.

EDIT 2: Yeah, it was basically just a long episode. Not one of my favorites, but it wasn't bad.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Not one of those things is a reason why the movie is bad. Also that's pretty much what everyone was saying would be bad about the movie before anyone actually saw it, which in a way tells me what I need to know. Who cares if they're human? It's an alternate reality. Sunset Shimmer so far seems like a total psychopath, and pretty decent as an antagonist. I read the summary of the love interest angle before I saw the movie, and there basically isn't one. If the two of them had actually started dating or something I'd agree, but nothing like that happens, and we already know the character won't be in season 4. Intro wasn't rushed, it was pretty much exactly as long as it needed to be. The "magical things" in the show are never mentioned until they are, the addition of one more isn't somehow worse than the addition of all the others. So far not a single character is acting out of character, they're all pretty much exactly the same. See my earlier point about humans with regards to Spike, who cares if he's a dog? Like I said, so far this is pretty much like any episode in terms of quality.

Thank you!

HEY GUYS! LET'S BE CONSIDERATE TO GOOD OLD FOAL HERE AND SPOILER ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MOVIE THAT WASN'T REVEALED IN THE TRAILERS!

I would greatly appreciate it. Also, Whooves, I think it's starting to become that time again when I tell you to shut up in the most obscene and demoralizing way possible. So this is a forewarning statement. We already understand that you went to watch that movie with an already biased opinion and so you came out hating it. We got it. Nobody cares. We're allowed to have our own god damn opinions and that's the end of it. Don't tell us what to think or shit between you and I is going to go downhill really quick.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Apologies, will put things in spoilers. And for the record there's nothing wrong with the Doctor stating his opinion, cut the guy some slack, everyhuman.

HEY GUYS! LET'S BE CONSIDERATE TO GOOD OLD FOAL HERE AND SPOILER ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MOVIE THAT WASN'T REVEALED IN THE TRAILERS!

I would greatly appreciate it. Also, Whooves, I think it's starting to become that time again when I tell you to shut up in the most obscene and demoralizing way possible. So this is a forewarning statement. We already understand that you went to watch that movie with an already biased opinion and so you came out hating it. We got it. Nobody cares. We're allowed to have our own god damn opinions and that's the end of it. Don't tell us what to think or shit between you and I is going to go downhill really quick.

Hay I never said that you guys can't have your own opinions, every one is entitled to there own, like how some are of the opinion that the movie was good and how I am of the opinion that there opinion is full of shit. All joking aside I don't think this is one of the times where I need to be told off, can't a fanboy have some rage agent what he dose not like for a bit?

Oh and a better version is being uploaded here.

http://youtu.be/G9cyOTTwjx0