• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

What do you want from season 4?

Evil Twilight Sparkle

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

What is the worst thing that could happen in season 4? And explain

It sucks because Hasbro is still sliding down the slippery slope of shittiness and selling out to make toys.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

It sucks because Hasbro is still sliding down the slippery slope of shittiness and selling out to make toys.

The entire original point of the show was to sell toys and while a few details of certain characters were changed, 90% of Lauren's original plans are still there. And even then, the biggest cash grab, EQG, is non-canon.

The entire original point of the show was to sell toys and while a few details of certain characters were changed, 90% of Lauren's original plans are still there. And even then, the biggest cash grab, EQG, is non-canon.

Who said it was non-canon? Besides, it's really not that bad.

Anyway, while it's not like I hate Season 3 (On the contrary, I really only dislike how one episode ended) I'm not optimistic Hasbro will take the show seriously anymore. We'll see if it'll pull through, but I'll always have some lingering doubt. I just feel like it won't hold up. Call me a cynic.

I'm not sure how seriously Hasbro ever took the show. It was the cast and crew that wound up working on this specific generation of it that made it good (and the objective by Hasbro was always to sell toys), and those of them who haven't moved on don't seem any less committed to the quality of their work than they've ever been. The way I see it, the only part Hasbro has to play in keeping Friendship is Magic good is not cancelling it.

My hopes aren't very high for S4. I didn't like season 3 at all, really. It had probably one episode I actually found enjoyable. But hey, if they manage to pull off a season as good as one or two, good on 'em.

the name's riley

Who said it was non-canon? Besides, it's really not that bad.

Anyway, while it's not like I hate Season 3 (On the contrary, I really only dislike how one episode ended) I'm not optimistic Hasbro will take the show seriously anymore. We'll see if it'll pull through, but I'll always have some lingering doubt. I just feel like it won't hold up. Call me a cynic.

Not talking about quality, I liked it as well, but we were told by Megan and others that work on the show that (at least as far as Season 4 is concerned) the movie will have no impact on the show.

Looks like the mother has become the breakout character from that Button Mash cartoon. If the influx of fanfiction is any indication, anyhow.

Looks like the mother has become the breakout character from that Button Mash cartoon. If the influx of fanfiction is any indication, anyhow.

Oh trust me, the artists (especially the R34 ones) got to her WAY before the writers did.

What's her name, anyway? Did they even give her one other than 'Mom' in that video? I swear, it amazes me how quickly artists can jump on a character without even having a name to go on.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD WHY DID I BOTHER

Jf3CVCLm8l4

What's her name, anyway? Did they even give her one other than 'Mom' in that video? I swear, it amazes me how quickly artists can jump on a character without even having a name to go on.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD WHY DID I BOTHER

Jf3CVCLm8l4

Oh god those animations...

Fresh Prince of Mutton's the best one by far.

the name's riley

So you guys know the deceptively cheerful Cupcakes animation that came out a while back?

Yeah, the guy who made that made another animation called "Smile HD", I'd post it or even link to it but it's pretty gory and not for the faint of heart. Go find it yourself if you want to.

So you guys know the deceptively cheerful Cupcakes animation that came out a while back?

Yeah, the guy who made that made another animation called "Smile HD", I'd post it or even link to it but it's pretty gory and not for the faint of heart. Go find it yourself if you want to.

Yep, that was about what I expected given his other videos. The gore-related fan stuff isn't my taste, but there's no denying the dude's animation skill. I notice he didn't leave his attorney's contact information in this one.

In any case, time to watch the Smile scene from the show to remind myself that it's still a happy song.

I take no offense from this.

ZP5PUxC.png

This is Applejack smiling at the sight of a gored, bloodied, dead Rarity underneath a manic Pinkie Pie. If she's happy that a rival 'friend' is dead, these fucking asshole alternate-universe ponies kind of deserved to be killed.

Yeah, her smiling was actually the part I found the weirdest. I was like "Wow, yeah, don't try to help or anything, psycho."