174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

I watched it on the Otaku Ascended stream and they turned off the chat to prevent lag and spam. So there's that.

Two parter didn't disappoint. Also

Discord singing Winter Wrap Up was priceless.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I thought that was freaking phenomenal! Everything was so perfectly done to give me revived hope in the series

Firstly, Discord being brought back is always a good thing.

Second, The way they set up Twilight's flashback was perfect. I spent the whole damn commercial break like "Dafuq are you kidding? After one year she's gone right back to being a bad guy?! Then they show you that it's what happened 1,000 years ago and that in-depth showing of the event is incredibly fulfilling from a fan viewpoint.

Thirdly, they gave the entire season a direction in the form of finding the 6 keys for the chest that the tree gave them. It's telling me that there's going to be a whole lot of adventuring and new places in the upcoming season

Fourth, they handled Twilight's princess status incredibly well, even addressing the issue that a lot of people had in that her being royalty would unbalance the friendship dynamics and then discounting it.

Fifth, they link the thorned root invasion back to Discord planting the seeds, rather than giving a nameless, faceless bad guy with no character anycarrp-sombra.png?13

Overall, I was absolutely impressed with this awesome season opener. Good work bringing the show back to its former glory Hasbro creative team!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

It felt a little cliche in some parts, but it was definitely better than the stuff they put in season 3. Can't say the same for season 1 or 2 though.

the name's riley

Animation quality went through the roof, I'll say that much. Story-wise, I'll stew on that for a couple days before saying anything.

Welp, that was fun. And I think it's safe to say that all the people who declared the breaking of the seventh seal and the end of time due to Alicorn Twilight were proven wrong. Besides having wings she doesn't really seem to be any more powerful now than she did before. If the show ends up in a downward spiral of increasing suck, it won't be because of that.

Discord was awesome, and I like how just because he's 'reformed' doesn't mean he's a totally different guy. He's still a troll, just one that's more or less with the good guys. Spike said it best: He's reformed, but he's not that reformed. His actions in the episode though make me wonder how powerful he is. Celestia and Luna made it pretty clear that he was apparently too powerful for them to take in a straight fight, even together. Makes me think that Discord is stronger than they are, just chooses not to use the full extent of his power.

The fight between Celestia and Nightmare Moon was awesome and quite emotional. I was also surprised to see the scene where Celestia was laying limp on the floor while Twilight cried over her. It reminded me strongly of the Lion King, and it was quite well done. I was seriously expecting to hear her say "Please wake up" at some point.

I liked how the Pinkie Sense made an appearance without being referenced first. It was also the funniest part of the episode for me. Pinkie is the epitome of genre savvy.

All in all, epic kick off for season 4. Hope it stays good.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I definitely knew it was a flashback, I'm just that genre savvy. But it was awesome they showed us not one, not two, but THREE previously mentioned but not shown important historical events. Showing not telling, amirite?

Discord was fun, but kind of unnecessary in the plot other than the flashback. He is just a fan fav with a great voice actor. I like how his reformation is less "joining the good guys" and more "cooperating with the police." Keeps thing interesting.

Definitely did not see the setup for the season coming. What's in the box indeed. I think it was a cool way to replace the by now boring and outdated letters to Celestia while not making it overbearing, but we'll see.

And Double thumbs up for having Applejack suggest leaving Twilight. She was actually being HONEST rather than loyal like people have brought up in the past.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

The bottom middle one can be crossed off as well, depending on how you define "comes back for revenge".

Zecora kind of taught a lesson but not really, the events with Luna already happened AND we already knew about them, same with Celestia's backstory, Discord barely even remembered Fluttershy's name, and Twilight wasn't so much struggling with princess duties (she was fine giving orders and doing sun-raising stuff) so much as struggling with what it means to BE a princess.

So they're all Debatable.

Except Free Hugs. Free hugs are never wrong.

I was thinking more along the lines of Celestia Backstory, if it HAS to be new, then the Tree of Harmony will do, Sweetie Bell uses unicorn power, why else would her horn be going wonky if she wasn't using it for something (off screen), seeing as Twilight's didn't go wonky, Serious Concept addressed, with the possibility of death, Discord and Fluttershy still friends (as for Discord barely remembering her name, I'd say that was more of Discord being Discord), Significant events involving Luna, this being the flashback where Nightmare Moon and Celestia fight.

So, episode 3 was leaked, if you want to watch it early, click the spoiler.

bodPZlwIqCE

And now my thoughts on the episode:

I for one found it to be good. Not as good as the premier, but far from the worst episode. I knew that Fluttershy/Rarity, Applejack/Rainbow Dash, & Twilight Sparkle/Spike (and later Angel) weren't going to know the other groups were at the castle until towards the end, when we saw them leave the first room at different times. As for who was playing the organ, that threw me for a surprise. I thought Trollestia was going to strike again. It had a oldschool Scooby Doo vibe to it, with the gang being split up, being chased by the "monster" (in this case, by each other), and finally finding out who was behind the mask.

Thoughts on Episode 3:

I wasn't totally impressed with this one, but it was decent. The whole "scared of everything because castle 2spooky4me" was kind of just a revisit to Nightmare Night. No awesome writing or anything, and some of the lines were just a little too cheesy. Definitely not a memorable episode by any standard, but it wasn't BAD. Like Ninja said, it was like a Scooby Doo episode. However, as for my organ player guess, I assumed it was either Luna (because who's better at being spooky?) or Zecora, since she lives in the forest. Pinkie was definitely a surprise, even if her humor went back and forth from chuckle-worthy to stupid.

Also, I'm back into writing shit. I've started something, but I'm not publishing it until I have at least 10 chapters completed. Take a look if you like and tell me what you think:

http://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/450081 THE PASSWORD IS "AF" (with caps)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I liked this episode. It was solid, but not overly ambitious. Nothing really got done as far as looking into the MacGuffin Vault, but I think that was the point. This was supposed to be a breather episode, I think. Fun to watch, had a few laughs, and it made me nostalgic for Scooby Doo. It was also nice how everyone got about the same amount of screen time. Usually that mostly happens in either the premiere or finale for the season.

Also, snarky Rarity is best Rarity.

And, of course...

this_place_is_perfect__by_mamandil-d6w9dwd.png

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Edit: And then there's this:

hCCEB291D

The comedy has been doubled! :lol:

Also, I found this on DA and was absolutely blown away:

c__mon___lift_your_spirit_by_spiritto-d5dg1v5.png

Just got back form break, saw episode 3 last night.

I really liked it. Some creative ways to get the characters all mixed up but without being really dumb about it. Everypony was still themselves and completely in character. I also liked how they are bringing the castle into it, something we haven't seen really since the second episode of the series. I also was completely okay with twilicorn, seeing as this is her first episode without it being the focus of the episode.

The return of hoofbump was nice, but the return of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KU1GrTgJf4 was even better.

Also an out-of-spoiler shout out to Spike for being the chew toy once again. Hang in there buddy, we're rootin' for ya.

I also forgot to mention. Angel is worst pone.

mlp___angel_by_simer96-d4ar15n.png

I've been getting into looking at pony related art on DA, so here's some eye candy:

a_wonderful_night_by_pridark-d6b4ydq.png