1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Guys, I have a confession to make.

I haven't watched any of the past 3 episodes yet.

Well what's stopping you? They're all on Youtube and linked via EQD. Go forth and pony.

Same boat as username here.

Because I really don't feel like it anymore, I just dont get the same satisfaction I did when I first started watching the show.

As a rebuttal I present the first couple of minutes of this review of Power Ponies, it's (mostly) spoiler free if you're worried about that kind of thing after the intro.

wOkUlPE8HaM

Well, that was a fun episode. I like how Fluttershy can actually stand up to her friends, even a strong personality like Applejack. Even with the Iron Will episode in mind, she still seemed like a pushover until now. Character development ftw.

Anyway, the stakeout was pretty damn cool, not to mention the whole Cutie Mark spotlight thing. The electronic background music during the magic drawing board scene was also pretty catchy. I'd like to have it as a ringtone or something.

Like Ninja said, Rarity's hazmat suit was priceless. I've been getting real fond of Rarity lately, I think it might be safe to say she's my second favorite pony now. Pinkie's moving up the list too because of how much she's been making me laugh. I'm not sure if she was always that funny and I just forgot between seasons, or if she's stepped it up in the past few episodes.

Only thing that I can't figure out is how they managed to capture Flutterbat. The stare is a conscious effort, right? So why would looking in the mirror cause Flutterbat to freeze up? Fluttershy must have a hard time grooming herself since she can't use mirrors.

Also liked the callbacks to the cider episode. Good to see that RD hasn't forgotten her favorite drink.

Also, I was a bit surprised to see that this episode had a bit of gray morality in it. You can either get rid of the fruitbats and let them starve, or let them ruin Applejack's harvest for the year and potentially bankrupt her farm. That kind of moral dilemma isn't the kind of thing I'd usually expect to see out of the cartoon, and I must say, it was a pleasant surprise.

Good episode, but I find myself wondering more about the keys. I kind of expected that the chest would have been brought up again by now. Oh well, in due time I suppose.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Good episode, but I find myself wondering more about the keys. I kind of expected that the chest would have been brought up again by now. Oh well, in due time I suppose.

I think they're setting up all of the conflicts they have planned early this season so that they can tackle them mid-to-late season.

It's been a day since the episode came out, and there's already some amazing fan art of

Flutterbat.

Here are some of my favorites:

h60EC521C

flutterbat_by_mykegreywolf-d6zrklx.png

flutterbat_by_willdrawforfood1-d6zs96f.png

Also, on a somewhat different note:

h6B4B4422

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Bleh.

I feel like I'm simply starting to see negativity in a lot of things rather than positives, as my world's kind of falling apart at the moment. But I'll do my best to be as fair as possible.

Firstly, I too enjoyed the concept of adding that element of a difficult decision between personal opinion and general consensus of what is right. As far as themes, concepts, and morals are concerned, this is a good episode.

However, I just didn't really enjoy the dialogue at all. The animation is top notch, as it's been all year, but the writing just felt so forced. "THINK ABOUT THE CIDER" made me groan. Pinkie Pie was actually funny this episode, so no complaints on that front. But I'm used to there being very little Rarity, as typically, unless the episode is about her, she tends to take a backseat. This time, Twilight took the position along with Pinkie, which is very different from the usual dynamic, and it caught me off-guard, because I'm not used to experiencing much of Rarity's character of late like you did in S1. I still feel like the dynamics and characters themselves have changed since the first season, and it only serves to sour my mood further, as I feel like it makes the show of a lesser quality than it used to be.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Also, I was a bit surprised to see that this episode had a bit of gray morality in it. You can either get rid of the fruitbats and let them starve, or let them ruin Applejack's harvest for the year and potentially bankrupt her farm. That kind of moral dilemma isn't the kind of thing I'd usually expect to see out of the cartoon, and I must say, it was a pleasant surprise.

You forgot

Mind wiping the bats so that they lose something essential to who they are, against their will, solely for the god of other people. Pretty scary.

And ninja, that picture about Pinkie was hilarious and my favorite part of the song.

And CF, The line you were talking about was actually a reference to the Simpsons:

Ispi4EMGgZ8

Qh2sWSVRrmo

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

No, I'm aware of the reference. It's been used in several other shows and movies. I just don't like it used in that context as it's over something insignificant. Idunno. Again, I've been a bit of a pessimist lately. Maybe I just didn't like the episode because it turned my favorite character into a fuggin bat (and it did feel very short for some reason), and I'm just trying to pick it apart.

Carry on, gents.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I got around to watching episode 5 and 6 yesterday, episode 5 was pretty good but I thought episode 6 was just fantastic. Especially that bit at the end where Fluttershy got all pissed.

I'll watch ep7 later today.

the name's riley

I got around to watching episode 5 and 6 yesterday, episode 5 was pretty good but I thought episode 6 was just fantastic. Especially that bit at the end where Fluttershy got all pissed.

I'll watch ep7 later today.

Yeah.

Yeah.

I THOUGHT so.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The Brony Herd Census is doing their yearly roundup of the status of the fandom, if you feel like your "side" of things is underrepresented (or if you want to bolster your already popular opinion) then hit up this link here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/2014-brony-herd-census-launches.html

65MTd.png

Salem State University prohibits discrimination, harassment and bullying against any person on the basis of time travel.

The Brony Herd Census is doing their yearly roundup of the status of the fandom, if you feel like your "side" of things is underrepresented (or if you want to bolster your already popular opinion) then hit up this link here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/2014-brony-herd-census-launches.html

65MTd.png

tumblr_mp0221V2pA1sxti6yo1_500.jpg

I don't need none of your sass tonight.

I love you guys.

the name's riley

65MTd.png

tumblr_mp0221V2pA1sxti6yo1_500.jpg

I don't need none of your sass tonight.

Oh god I lost it.

On the other hand, I took it, and I feel like either I really embellish myself on surveys though I try not to, or I'm just fucking awesome. We'll assume the former is correct :P

Some of those questions were agonizing though...Like "list, in order, the things you like most about the show."

And then, of course, list the characters that you related to the most.

Twenty minutes, my ass...

Personally it's the Personality part of the things that grates on me whenever I take these, I feel like I'm filling out an application for a job and the repetitive nature of some of the question is infuriating.