• I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Aaaaaand here's the newest episode:

yTpnqRHdVVQ

My thoughts as I'm watching the episode:

Alright, so I'm liking how we got more of Manehattan. I also liked how Rainbow Dash talked about how she doesn't like it when ponies (and people) randomly drop whatever they're doing and break into a song, and then Rarity does that. The song itself was also pretty good, along with the message that came with the song. Bitch Rarity is, well a bitch. (Understandably, seeing as how her so-called friend Siri treated her). The second song, depressing, but good. Rainbow Dash getting after AJ's honesty, nice touch there. Like I said earlier, the message is good, and once again, the episode is yet another great episode.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I know this is a TV show and not a movie but how many times can Rarity feel bad for being a bitch before it starts to get annoying? This is like, the exact same story since the LAST Rarity-focused episode. She gets a chance to fulfill her dreams or whatever, is a jerk to her friends, realizes it, then quits and goes back to Ponyville to be a humble dress-maker again.

It's the same shtick every time. C'mon, Hasbro. I know you can develop these characters a LITTLE bit beyond simple cosmetic changes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Definitely agree with you PP.

I was pleased with the eoisode, but not a huge fan. It was nice seeing Rarity dealing with the inherit oroblems with her element the same way we saw Pinkie do it in Friend in Deed, and Twilight in the Trixie episodes.

I liked how there were a lot of background ponies, and good ones at that, with real character and even arcs and jokes. And though it may have been crossing a line, I chuckled pretty hard at grumoy cat cutie mark.

And lastly, I didnt like the songs (though I liked the fourth wall joke), I thought they were too operatic and didnt really have heart and soul, just like last week.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

The difference between Sweet and Elite and this is that Rarity's flaws in that episode revolved around deceiving everyone around her to achieve her goals, and in here there's no deceit, instead there was guilt tripping and abuse of favors. Pretty much everyone involved knew what was going on, so really the dynamic of this episode was much different.

You know, it seems like just yesterday, Bats was the newest episode.

Well, I just watched it. My thoughts:

I really like how it explored the elements and how it's not all happiness and rainbows. It's nice to see the show looking at how people can take advantage of generosity instead of just pretending that such things don't happen.

Another aspect of that, even though it was only a second, was how Applejack was maybe a little 'too' honest. I feel like it hints toward a future conflict where Applejack, for the sake of honesty, says something she shouldn't. It turned out alright this time, since Rarity was apologizing and all, but I sense potential here. I did like how the reconciliation here wasn't basically "Nah, you were ait." Instead it was "Yeah, you were kind of a twat waffle, but we forgive you." It seems more real.

I didn't like the songs that much, to be honest. Rarity has a great singing voice, but the songs just didn't click with me. Like Shiny said, the songs just seemed too operatic. There wasn't really 'music' so much as just singing a conversation. It's a shame, I've been hoping for another good Rarity song for a while.

I kind of liked Rarity's breakdown. It was sort of subtle in some ways. Like, I know she freaked out pretty dramatically at first, but then it seemed like she got a grip in time to enlist her friends. I thought for sure it was going to be one of those montages where all her friends work together to make her lineup and then she wins the competition at the last minute. I'm actually kind of happy the show managed to catch me off guard when Rarity started to break down. It was actually kind of nice seeing the shattering of the fortress, so to speak.

I still can't believe Rarity said "Congratu-pony-lations". This show is really getting stuff past the radar these days.

Also I can't help but think that Suri Polomare didn't actually get any kind of punishment. Yeah, she didn't win, but she's no worse off than she would have been anyway. Seems like a letdown, but on the other hand, people don't always get what they deserve in real life either, so make of that what you will.

Anyway, I kind of liked the lesson here. Basically, it boils down to "It's possible for people to take advantage of your generosity, but that doesn't make it alright to do the same thing, and cynicism doesn't gain you anything." I feel that's what makes it different from Sweet and Elite - the lesson there was how you shouldn't neglect your friends for your own opportunities. Here it's more about not throwing away your values because of a bad experience. It's different enough that, even though there are parallels, it isn't just a repetition.

All in all, a good episode, but I thought the music was kind of disappointing. But the fact that we saw a pony with a grumpy cat cutie mark makes up for that IMO.

Now, for the best faces of the episode:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

RD in first place.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Typing as I watch. I'm absolutely loving this.

The humor so far is far better than I've become used to this season. While I find it Ironic that the pony New York is the nice city. Ah, now I'm starting to get it, though. Everyone's a jackass except the people who they've helped.

(Also Rarity's white, so she got the taxi so easily)[/badjoke]

Holy sweet Jesus, Ashley Ball's formal/British accent is awesome. And the receptionist sounds funny hurrr.

Oh, okay. Rarity gets taken advantage of. Oh wow, this is like... a realistic situation. I'm loving all of it. For once, Rarity's hysteria is actually reasonable for once.

Oh gosh, the guilt tripping. It's incredible. "CONGRATU-PONY-LATIONS" absolutely killed me.

I don't understand how the ponies think these dresses are good, but okay...

Second song was 200% better than the first.

AAAAAAND that's a nod to the fanbase, I should think. The whole, "Applejack, you're honesty and you're acting like I always do."

Oh man, I was actually worried Rarity would be gone for some time in the season. Guess that's how much the show's changed on me.

All in all, best episode this season. This was a Season 1 quality show I'm seeing right here and it's really got me excited! :D

Also, as I couldn't find them anywhere on google, I took the liberty of uploading these funny screenshots:

twiface_zps4b7c442a.png

raritydo_zps983d78d3.png

I may or may not add mustaches soon... :P

As promised:

facetache1_zps1c8267a2.jpg

facetache2_zps6fb32991.jpg

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Just now saw your best faces thing, Twilight. I'm disappointed you didn't like the "I do" face...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Just now saw your best faces thing, Twilight. I'm disappointed you didn't like the "I do" face...

Which one was that?

Oh, and love the new avatar by the way.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Which one was that?

Dis one:

raritydo_zps983d78d3.png

I would of provided a youtube clip, but I couldn't find one.

137497418022s.png

So I'm still working on that fanfic. I feel like it's coming along well. I don't want to publish anything until I'm confident it will get done so I don't disappoint anybody, but I also feel like I'll get more done in better time if I have the support of others who like my work. What do?

Any suggestions for a new avatar for me?

133719699666.gif

THIS.

the name's riley