174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Only Weebs would recommend a distracting GIF and get full forum support, just because it was a great idea.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Link to newest episode (HD) :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jnpl_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-s04e09-pinkie-apple-pie-1080p-hdtv-x264-dd5-1-thebib62

My thoughts on it as I'm watching it:

My reaction at the start:

2qHJ-xcMQ7Y

Pinkie is really funny this episode and season. Another catchy song, and (to me) it didn't seem oprahish (nothing wrong with that). I like the bickering between Applejack and Big Mac (something I'd assume is common with big brother and little sister). Nice nod to the fanbase with "Applicious". Did I say just how awesome Pinkie Pie is in this episode? Crazy cat lady. That's all I have to say about Goldie. Another good episode, and lesson. Also, is it me, or did Applebloom sound a bit older sometimes? (Like when she said "worst family road trip ever".

Oh and then there's this scene:

u97l.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Link to newest episode (HD) :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jnpl_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-s04e09-pinkie-apple-pie-1080p-hdtv-x264-dd5-1-thebib62

My thoughts on it as I'm watching it:

My reaction at the start:

2qHJ-xcMQ7Y

Pinkie is really funny this episode and season. Another catchy song, and (to me) it didn't seem oprahish (nothing wrong with that). I like the bickering between Applejack and Big Mac (something I'd assume is common with big brother and little sister). Nice nod to the fanbase with "Applicious". Did I say just how awesome Pinkie Pie is in this episode? Crazy cat lady. That's all I have to say about Goldie. Another good episode, and lesson. Also, is it me, or did Applebloom sound a bit older sometimes? (Like when she said "worst family road trip ever".

Oh and then there's this scene:

u97l.jpg

That's where I disagree. I honestly think Pinkie's humor is overabundant and irritating. BEST THIS EVER! BEST THAT EVER! It just feels like the writers are trying too hard. I honestly dread these Pinkie episodes now because of how facepalm her entire dialogue is most of the time. The only thing I found funny of Pinkie this episode was the one bit before the opening theme, specifically where she pops out of Twilight's bookshelf. I think it's when she breaks physics or does astonishingly odd things and passes them off as commonplace is what I find funny.

Anyways, best fucking song of the year award goes to Daniel Ingram for this episode. I love folky tunes and this was definitely a good one.

Also, the moral was very good but quite predictable from the start.

Uhhh... I don't really have much more.

K bye guys...

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I thought it was really good, and surprising that, of all people, Pinkie is the one to share relation to the Apples. They seem like a rather tightly knit group (coughincestcough), so it's a surprise. Still, I had a suspicion that there would be some serious skepticism, but there actually wasn't. Quite nice, actually, that they're so welcoming.

Anyway, I agree with Ninja, Pinkie really has been funny this season. She can be over the top, true, but that's part of her appeal I think. Funniest part of the episode for me was when they were going through the tunnel and you could hear, but not see, what was happening. Just, man.

I also liked the tension you could see. They started out by telling how everyone was so awesome, then the rest of the episode shows how, while they have their strengths, they are not perfect. Nice lesson there, actually, that no matter how perfect a family looks, they're always dysfunctional in some way (not that it's a bad thing).

Good song too, my favorite of the season so far.

Also, this gif is awesome.

30cb9e85a6ebcb7d9d08ce17409e3662.gif

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I dunno. Maybe I've subconsciously rebuked that kind of humor since it's that exact behavior that caused me so much pain in my early high school years, so whenever I notice it I get a sense of incredible embarassment, even for an unreal animated pony.

I dunno. Maybe I've subconsciously rebuked that kind of humor since it's that exact behavior that caused me so much pain in my early high school years, so whenever I notice it I get a sense of incredible embarassment, even for an unreal animated pony.

I think you're reading too much into it. Odds are, it just occurred to you at some point that Pinkie acts really silly. And I mean beyond just an observation, like you took it to heart or something, and that just slowly changed your perspective over time.

For example, in the game Kingdom Hearts II there's a Pirates of the Caribbean world. When I first played the game, (and loads of other people, as well) I thought the guy playing Jack Sparrow sounded EXACTLY the same. Now, as I've seen the movies more and have reflected on that opinion, I realize how wrong I was. The guy sounds nothing like Johnny Depp at all. He's passable, but instead of just hearing him and going "Okay.", it grates on me to have to hear his impression now. It's not the game's fault, I've simply put myself in that mindset now.

I dunno. Here's some ponies.

giphy.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Thing is, I still enjoy watching Pinkie in S1. That's why I feel like it's the show steadily changing the humor. Whatever, it's not a big deal.

FlutterShrug.png

I'll read that fic, or at least as much as I can before the overwhelming desire to work on my own takes prevalence.

After Reading: That was absolutely gorgeous. A big thank you Twilight for giving me a good hour of happiness. I may have just rediscovered my passion to read.

Thing is, I still enjoy watching Pinkie in S1. That's why I feel like it's the show steadily changing the humor. Whatever, it's not a big deal.

FlutterShrug.png

I'll read that fic, or at least as much as I can before the overwhelming desire to work on my own takes prevalence.

After Reading: That was absolutely gorgeous. A big thank you Twilight for giving me a good hour of happiness. I may have just rediscovered my passion to read.

Happy to assist...Not sure if happiness is the correct emotion though. I wanna say it's bittersweet, as the ending is somehow both heart-wrenching and incredibly uplifting at the same time. It's one of the best fics (stories in general, really) I've ever read.

In the overwhelming blaze of magic and light, Twilight heard a voice. It was her brother.

"Come with me, where worries will never bind you. All your grief at last, at last, behind you...come with me, I'll lead you to bliss. And take my love, for love is everlasting."

God damn that was powerful.

He was really good with his description as well. I left a review and all that jazz too.

Hey Twilight, you should read my fic...

I read the Stargazing fic. Those paragraphs are SERIOUSLY long (as in, they need to be broken up better, not that you wrote too much), but those descriptions are very detailed and the spelling and grammar is also quite good. A good read, but not much of a 'story' in terms of plot. It sorta looks like a test run for descriptions, if you see what I mean, but it definitely proves you're good at them.

Oh, that's a really old one. I'm aware that the paragraphs are crazy, but I intended to have like one for each of the Mane 6. I kind of regard it as a decent project but not something I take too much pride in.

I had linked my fic earlier that's a work in progress. The password is AF if you actually wanted to (or anyone else for that matter).

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/148993/equestria-rising-the-legend-of-equus

So hey, been PC-less for the past few days. Just gonna post my thoughts on the latest episode real quick.

I really liked Pinkie in this episode, but I've always been a huge fan. She really got to display her personality here. I liked how she never stopped smiling throughout the whole episode, not because of ignorance but optimism.

Big Mac was really well done here. I always worry that his trademark yups and nopes take away from his character, but they played around it very cleverly and entertainingly, and that gag at the end was worth it.

All that stuff I was talking about with the songs in the last two episodes? Gone. This song was AMAZING and super catchy and sung by Applejack nonetheless with help from Applebloom, Granny Smith, and even Big Mac. Man, it hit it out of the park.

Continue.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

So hey, been PC-less for the past few days. Just gonna post my thoughts on the latest episode real quick.

I really liked Pinkie in this episode, but I've always been a huge fan. She really got to display her personality here. I liked how she never stopped smiling throughout the whole episode, not because of ignorance but optimism.

Big Mac was really well done here. I always worry that his trademark yups and nopes take away from his character, but they played around it very cleverly and entertainingly, and that gag at the end was worth it.

All that stuff I was talking about with the songs in the last two episodes? Gone. This song was AMAZING and super catchy and sung by Applejack nonetheless with help from Applebloom, Granny Smith, and even Big Mac. Man, it hit it out of the park.

Continue.

I agree very much. Pinkie was awesome in this episode - the writers are really good about characterizing her lately. She's not supposed to be random, she's supposed to be off-beat. They're doing a good job of showing that.

And that song was amazing. I've been listening to it a lot over the past few days and I just don't get tired of it. It's just so catchy, and the video was extremely good too. Definitely one of my favorite songs in the whole show, if not THE favorite.

My opinion is very obviously in the minority, forcing me to question my opinions. Time to watch the episode 6 more times before deciding whether I can fit in with you guys or be an individual :D

Also, I finally got around to reading all of Moonstuck in (so far, 6-ish hours) and I saw this.

tumblr_mbk823mBXr1r757rdo1_1280.png

You're just god damned everywhere, aren't you? Start making more YouTube videos you nerd. I had nothing but the Anthology to vote for on multiple accounts to try getting you on the top 10 of the year (So I didn't bother).

In case you couldn't tell, all of that was total verbal irony. Luv ya dood! :mrgreen: