174 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about MLP:FiM

• I like it
    • I dislike it
    • Haven't watched it
    • WTF is this?
    • Neutral

This poll is closed to new votes

Welp, just watched Filli Vanilli. Damn, that was good. That's really all I have to say about it.

Jesus... I leave for like... 3 months and now there's a second Equestria Girls?

Oh hey.

I'm still expecting a TV show at some point. It's gonna happen and nobody will have asked for it.

TimmysDadMeme_zps002634b4jpgoriginal_zps5b5d3baf.jpg~original

And when it does, it'll destroy the fandom....again...

I remember a picture you posted a while back, during the Alicorn Twilight shitstorm. It was of Rainbow Dash and it said something along the lines of "Not that I'm bragging, but this is like the 7th end of the fandom I've survived." Any idea where it is?

Ah, that brings back memories, I'm tempted to search through the pages and pages (probably at least a hundred I would have to go through) but knowing me, I'd probably quit after the 20th or so.

Edit: and here it is:

hA2EB2C0C

It was on page 438.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

So I decided to get Sony Vegas in a less-than-kosher method and start working on a simple thing (It's a work in progress btw):

5JyosWNz-Gk

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Since when did MLP have so much promise? It's just like any other children's television show, the main difference being it has one of the biggest and quickest growing fandoms surrounding it.

It have promise for the same reasons it has such a strong fan bace. The quality. Yet this is a thing, so I'm not shore of that any more.

Whoops late response

A little movie that has no canon connection to the tv show itself isn't going to single-handedly destroy a fandom and I was sure you learned that lesson when the first movie came out. Right now the show's quality itself isn't fantastic but at least it's improved since season 3. If season 3 didn't kill the fanbase and EQG didn't kill the fanbase, I highly doubt another movie will.

the name's riley

Since when did MLP have so much promise? It's just like any other children's television show, the main difference being it has one of the biggest and quickest growing fandoms surrounding it.

It have promise for the same reasons it has such a strong fan bace. The quality. Yet this is a thing, so I'm not shore of that any more.

Whoops late response

A little movie that has no canon connection to the tv show itself isn't going to single-handedly destroy a fandom and I was sure you learned that lesson when the first movie came out. Right now the show's quality itself isn't fantastic but at least it's improved since season 3. If season 3 didn't kill the fanbase and EQG didn't kill the fanbase, I highly doubt another movie will.

Not fantastic? Were you even paying attention when Flight to the Finish, Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Pinkie Pride came out? So far this season has had a plethora of outstanding episodes, a smattering of great ones, and the rest have been okay-good. Not one has been a major flop like Mare do Well or Owl's Well that Ends Well. (Or Feeling Pinkie Keen if you're one of those that don't like the message in that one)

They were very good, but there were definitely some losers this season. And very little reaches Season 1 quality by any means.

In more recent news, I finished this thing:

EaRZ4R6C178

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'll grant that some specific episodes have been considered "flops" by specific individuals, but what I'm talking about is mass disapproval of an episode. Sure, Digi and BronyCurious didn't like some of the adventurey episodes this season, but pretty much everyone else in the analysis community did.

Even in season 1 I distinctly remember there was a general consensus of people who disliked episodes such as Owl's Well that Ends Well, most of the CMC episodes, and even Over a Barrel if you were one of those people that hates the "Cowboys and Indians" trope.

Right now the only people I see that dislike/are disappointed by this season as a whole are either those who are still bitter from the admitted disappointment of Season 3 and EQG (curse you 65-episode syndication!) or those who have just lost the "magic" they personally had when they first got into the show and the fandom. Almost nobody I've seen has come up with legitimate reasons for why they think the show has now failed other than essentially "It's just not the same anymore, man. You know?"

Now granted, that's a completely valid reason to not like something anymore, but barring a significant decrease in quality it's not the show's fault that you lost your fandom mojo.

Ah, that brings back memories, I'm tempted to search through the pages and pages (probably at least a hundred I would have to go through) but knowing me, I'd probably quit after the 20th or so.

Edit: and here it is:

hA2EB2C0C

It was on page 438.

Danke. Considering this fandom's propensity for drama, I will likely find many opportunities to use it.

Incidentally, I just found this from the episode. New favorite gif, anyone?

552931__safe_solo_animated_screencap_hub+logo_hubble_aloe_spoiler-colon-s04e14_filli+vanilli_alula.gif

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Awesome episode, good morals. Season 4 is still 2pro.

FUCKING PIP YOU GORGEOUS LITTLE THING YOU'RE GROWING UP AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.

556739__safe_twilight+time_spoiler-colon-s04e15.png

I liked the episode, although it seems strange that everyone is only just now realizing that Twilight is a princess. Also, I noticed that for once Sweetie Belle was the one who was pushing them into doing something wrong. Usually she's the rational one. Kinda nice to know that she's capable of making mistakes just like everyone else.

Also, hooray! The CMCs actually succeeded in something! Especially Sweetie Belle learning magic. Now if only Rainbow Dash would FREAKING GIVE SCOOTALOO FLYING LESSONS ALREADY LIKE EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR!

And damn Twily, you sure are a big eater. I'm surprised Tia didn't teach you table manners.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Link to the newest episode.

My thoughts on it while I'm watching it:

I see Twilight has blueprints of the lock in the background. Twi teaching/helping Sweetie Belle with her magic, nice, now if only Rainbow Dash would help Scootaloo. Diamond Tiara is a bitch as usual. DT and SS being kind/nice? Something's fishy here. Looks like there's more blank flanks. On a side note, the CMC voices are maturing. Scootaloo posing for the pictures, funny, and we got two more duck faces. DT created a bunch of zombies... That bitch! So far, I'm not seeing anything wrong with DT/SS's motives this episode (for the most part), just their actions. Twas a good episode.

Edit:

new_princess.png

file.php?avatar=2645_1393007042.png

... I have no words, I just want to +rep you, only for your avatar.

We've discussed this Ninja, use the appropriate image to acknowledge your wish to +rep.

Also, I was watching the Daily Show yesterday and there was an interview going on, when suddenly, I saw this. I literally lept out of my chair (nobody was around) and started pointing at the screen saying "I can see that, I'm not crazy, seriously what is that doing there????"

FGOUpYk.png

file.php?avatar=2645_1393007042.png

... I have no words, I just want to +rep you, only for your avatar.

We've discussed this Ninja, use the appropriate image to acknowledge your wish to +rep.

That's for posts, not avatars.