That game you hate that everyone else loves.

Sign in to follow this  

Games from the Sly Cooper franchise.

Clever and stylistic platforming well polished, inspired (seemingly) by Rachet & Clank and the Jak series about a Thief who is also a Fox.

Most other people get turned off by the Saturday Morning Cartoon-style cel-shading and 9-12 year old demographic directed storyline, dialogue and cutscenes.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Hmmm... World of Warcraft? Sims?. (Not that I hate, I don't like it, there is no game I hate that everyone loves.)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Battlefield Bad Company 2. Just eww.

Leave this place and never come back! :evil:

Can't handle the truth? I kid, I kid, I'm just not into these modern warfare doo-hickeys.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Amnesia. I think i have developed an immunity to scary horror games :/ and if a horror game doesn't scare you, it is rather pointless.

I disagree slightly, you can have fun in Dead Space or RE4, or other "action horror" games with just the shooting if it doesn't scare you

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Guitar Hero + Rock Band

...why did it have to be Ross scott who'd have to hate the two games I love?

well games i've always hated are the WoW and runescape games. it was just too pointless when my sister was trying to get me into them when we were younger.

^ Yeah, WoW just looks like crap to me. Though I haven't played it, however Runescape truly is horrible.

^ It really depends on how much time you have to waste ;) Though I have not played Runescape in years and I intend to keep it that way.

Guitar Hero + Rock Band

...why did it have to be Ross scott who'd have to hate the two games I love?

well games i've always hated are the WoW and runescape games. it was just too pointless when my sister was trying to get me into them when we were younger.

If I'm correct it's more of a musical taste hate rather then game hate. Virtually anyone who plays that game likes rock and I'm not into rock (Not against it either) especially commercial rock, so for me, I wouldn't play it.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I disagree slightly, you can have fun in Dead Space or RE4, or other "action horror" games with just the shooting if it doesn't scare you

You are right. I just played Dead Space and it is still awesome!

Eh, WoW is fun if you play it casually. As in, playing with friends every once in a while.

Call of Duty (almost everyone has probably said this.. but ugh. It seems like everyone except for the users on this forum loves it to death).

Fallout: New Vegas. Good game, but it was exactly the same as Fallout 3, IMO.

Team Fortress 2 after the Mann Co. Update. Hats, hats, hats. Weapons blatantly obviously not even playtested.

overrated.jpg

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Planescape Torment. I'll even acknowledge it's the better of Baldur's Gate as a feat of storytelling. I just can't get over the lengthy beginning. Tried.. many, many times.

[quote="Ross Scott"]Guitar Hero + Rock Band[/quote] So true. IMO it's a cheap and emotionless sublimation of playing the real instrument. That's why I don't like "simulators" games (racing, sports etc.). If you want to drive a car - get a drive license, buy a car and go for it. If you want to play a guitar - buy the damn thing (a REAL one) and prepare for painful years of practicing and learning. I'm a guitar player myself. And those games looks for me like a... masturbation or something. Other games that i don't like (some of them even hate) Call of Duty Battlefield TES Series Gothic Series WoW Crysis

[quote="Axeldeath"]^ Yeah, WoW just looks like crap to me. Though I haven't played it, however Runescape truly is horrible.[/quote] I would tag you for judging a book by it's cover, but considering I play wow, I can't entirely disagree. it USED to be fun before blizzard gave in to all the crying childrens demands and nerfed classes that didn't need nerfing as well as made gear easy as cheese to get. For me, the call of duty series. Why? because MW, WaW, MW2, and Black Ops felt like the exact same thing with only very subtle changes. I need variation in my games to stay interested, not "we've added a new weapon and cinematic style to the previous game" I loved 2 and 3. the rest made me a sad panda. :(

Retired Forum Moderator

I hate Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time; not in the sense that "these games shouldn't have be made, they're so bad" but in the sense that "these games are incredibly frustrating and the puzzles unintuitive and I can't sleep until I beat this damn game." Maybe the games get better on the second playthrough. But some of those puzzles temples have no right to exist; fuck you, Great Bay Temple.

Call of Duty is a mindless shooter, anyone who tries to get anything more than that out of them is going to be disappointed.

If people hate Team Fortress 2 because of the hats and because of the fact that Valve ruined perfectly good gameplay design, I seriously don't blame you. I don't like the hats either, but now that they're there, I HAVE TO HAVE THEM.